daniel_v

Mgb- "revenge" Video

So I was looking around on the Geoff's memorial page on Facebook recently, and I realized that the video of Geoff, Matt, Ian, Dave, and Charlie Quintana working on the unreleased track, Revenge, had been taken down. Originally it was posted by Judy Renouf right after the page was set up. Really enjoyed the bass work it showed Geoff doing (that guy always had such a unique rhythm and technique), the different takes of Matt playing, Charlie and Ian drumming, and the band discussing how the song should progress. Anyways, I was just curious if anyone had a copy of the video floating around and, if so, if they'd be willing to post it (provided Matt didn't have a problem with it that is).

Manchalivin: Revenge is the title of a song MGB played back in 1995 or 1996 on MuchMusic. There was an excerpt shown on I think the Much More Music Bio. The lyrics went

I think about it all the time

(inaudible) you are what you eat, not what you preach

Geoff had a copy on VHS and said he would eventually publish it online.

Manchalivin: Revenge is the title of a song MGB played back in 1995 or 1996 on MuchMusic. There was an excerpt shown on I think the Much More Music Bio. The lyrics went

I think about it all the time

(inaudible) you are what you eat, not what you preach

Geoff had a copy on VHS and said he would eventually publish it online.

We were supposed to pick it up but never got around to it :(

Jump to 2:42

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25MGpwSsisI

I could have sworn this was called "Sharks of Downtown".

Yeah, that one is Sharks of Downtown (as confirmed by Geoff). I'm sure Much Music has the entire damned performance stored in their vaults somewhere at MMHQ. Greedy bastards. I'm pretty sure I e-mailed them about it years and years ago. Can't remember the response I got back or if they even replied.

Yeah I've emailed Much too because there is tons of live footage in that documentary, it looks like at least some portions of the Nanaimo show from 2000 was filmed too, a few on stage segments are shown and some backstage stuff there as well. and then there is Snow Jobs and others as well!

I wonder how the rights work for that footage, like as the artist does Matt have access to it, or Universal? or is it strictly the property of MuchMusic