Manchalivin

Next Album Ideas Of Ours

I know it's early but I thought of something that would be cool to hear for the next album. I would like to hear Matt go back to his roots as a folk musician again. A new folk album by Matthew Good would be something different and could be very interesting I think. Listening to 15 Hours demo recently I am reminded how playful and interesting it is instrumentally. The bass is awesome on it plus all the piano and style of it. Big props to Ariel Watson who did the bass I believe. That demo contains the most interesting bass playing of Matt's career in my opinion. I don't recall seeing him get much credit on here.

So, what's your ideas?

I also like the idea of piano/bass driven songs a la 15 Hours, but I'd still love to see him do the "write and record a bunch of songs in different cities and studios" idea that he's thrown around in the past. I also remember him saying a long time ago that he wanted to write an album that was 8 songs, 60 minutes. Still hoping on that.

Personally, I wouldn't mind hearing the Country album he said he's always wanted to make. Hopeless is still one of my favourite songs he's ever written.

Haha, that would be different. I actually enjoy Hopeless and some Country I don't mind. I hate most mainstream Country of the last couple decades or more. I don't know if I would want a whole MG Country album, but maybe a few songs ala Hopeless would be fun. I think the fact that MG is singing makes it much more enjoyable to me.

Personally, I wouldn't mind hearing the Country album he said he's always wanted to make. Hopeless is still one of my favourite songs he's ever written.

This, 60's style country, throw on a couple covers like mike ness did, I would love to hear matt goods take on something like Wichita lineman

I for one am happy to have Matt recording rock music. I enjoyed Lights, I think it's an excellent work but not something I listen to nearly as much as Avalanche or Arrows. I would like another Matt Good rock album but would also like an acoustic record as well. So how about a double album, half rock and half acoustic.I'm not keen on a country record...

I for one am happy to have Matt recording rock music. I enjoyed Lights, I think it's an excellent work but not something I listen to nearly as much as Avalanche or Arrows. I would like another Matt Good rock album but would also like an acoustic record as well. So how about a double album, half rock and half acoustic.I'm not keen on a country record...

I totally agree.