mrjason

Looks Like Vinyl Releases Of Back Catalog Are Coming

I also am going to do HM and BM for now. I am definitely still as much of a completionist as I ever was, but I don't have the extra money for all of them right now. Yay for grown up priorities.  If WLRRR and AoB were on the list, I would think more about it.

I was hoping they might offer some kind of discount if you ordered all of them. Oh well.

I was planning on buying everything so I haven't staggered or cherry picked my purchases.  I'm hoping the sales go well, I always worry if they are not as strong as anticipated the second run will get nixed, and I'd hate to see a gem like Audio of Being not get a proper vinyl release.  I'm actually pretty stoaked with the first wave, because it didn't include anything I already had, obviously as all of these are first time releases.  It means the second wave will be more affordable for me since I'd only need Lo-Fi and Loser Anthems (which I am assuming are coming out if Ray Gun is) Audio of Being, Avalanche and White Light.  I can't see another wave not forthcoming, I mean Matt is clearly very fond of Avalanche and I can't see that one not getting released, I know it's out there, but in pretty limited quantities.  I hope Avalanche goes with the artwork that the old vinyls had, I always loved the look of that vinyl compared to the cd, although I suppose doing it with the cd's artwork would keep the original Avalanche vinyls a collectors item.  

Exciting news to wake up to for sure! 

looks like expected ship date through Matt's store is ten days later than through amazon. It also uses the lingo "will ship on or around" haha 

Edited by adam_777

looks like expected ship date through Matt's store is ten days later than through amazon. It also uses the lingo "will ship on or around" haha 

I'm not sure that it's the same as Maple Music though? Everything I received in regards to this purchase says "Matthew Good Online Store" and a search on Maple Music does not bring up any of these pre-orders. Kind of weird.

I'm hoping the second wave includes WLRRR, AoB, Lo Fi and Loser Anthems. Rooms would awesome too. 

Guest Idioteque

Ugh god, choices. During the most expensive time of the year too!

I'll probably end up getting 2 each, one for listening and one to frame.

I was really stoked about the whole catalogue coming out, but I am only gonna get BM/HM this go around, and the only other one I'll probably get is AoB whenever that happens. Have all the solo stuff that's been released, and I don't feel the need to be a completionist like I may have felt a few years ago, so I'm just gonna pick my faves out of the line up.

I feel the same way and also bought BM/HM. I still have my avalanche vinyl as well!

It depends. If the issues with CN prompted them to use someone else, then my vote is the back catalogue. If it's the same pressing plant, I would guess CN. I can't even remember when we were originally supposed to get it anymore.

And I just realized I will have to clean out a second shelving space for my MG stuff, I do believe I am close to capacity, and 5 new records will not fit.

We also don't know when they started the process for the back catalog releases. It's quite possible that they were supposed to come out earlier but also faced delays that we're not privy to.

Either way, I'm pretty hopeful they'll be largely on target since they announced them in close connection to the projected release date. 

$48 each on Amazon USA. Pretty steep.  :whistle:

If I don't buy them now, will I be able to buy them later? I fear they'll go out of stock at some point and then not keep getting pressed.

I can't decide whether or not to bite the bullet and get them. I've got FOMO about it because I am also pretty convinced if I don't get them now, they'll go out of stock and then just be gone. Decisions, decisions.

$48 each on Amazon USA. Pretty steep. :whistle:

If I don't buy them now, will I be able to buy them later? I fear they'll go out of stock at some point and then not keep getting pressed.

I ordered through the mg store and shipping was only 8 bucks, so seems like that might save a few dollars. Edited by mackie1023

I ordered through the mg store and shipping was only 8 bucks, so seems like that might save a few dollars.

Nice. Thanks for pointing this out!

I'm really not looking to spend a shit ton of money right now...so if I had to choose which ones out of these I would get...they would be LOTGA, Beautiful Midnight, and Hospital Music.

I never had the emotional attachment to Underdogs that I do to the others I listed. Raygun is cool but I could live without it.

Edited by Gomo