mrjason

Looks Like Vinyl Releases Of Back Catalog Are Coming

Had a horrible dream/nightmare last night. My vinyl arrived, I opened up Beautiful Midnight and started playing it and the needle caught on the vinyl and started unraveling it (like what used to happen with cassette tapes). No I don't do drugs. Maybe I had too much popcorn before I went to bed last night. Oh the horror.

I can't decide whether or not to bite the bullet and get them. I've got FOMO about it because I am also pretty convinced if I don't get them now, they'll go out of stock and then just be gone. Decisions, decisions.

I'm in the same boat.

Looks like the albums will be available in retail record stores etc unlike the vinyls from his last few studio albums (available online or at tour merch booths only from what it seemed).  So that might give us a bit more time to make a decision.

I'm in the same boat.

Looks like the albums will be available in retail record stores etc unlike the vinyls from his last few studio albums (available online or at tour merch booths only from what it seemed).  So that might give us a bit more time to make a decision.

Where did you see that?! Perhaps I may wait to purchase these if that is the case!! Possibly by end of the month instead of next week. 

Where did you see that?! Perhaps I may wait to purchase these if that is the case!! Possibly by end of the month instead of next week. 

From the post on his website:

Available January 15th at select music retailers. Ask your local record shop for more information. 

I don't know if that means widespread release, or just certain record stores.  It's pretty vague.

I'm trying to decide if I want to part with the money.  Hospital Music would look pretty good framed.

$48 each on Amazon USA. Pretty steep.  :whistle:

If I don't buy them now, will I be able to buy them later? I fear they'll go out of stock at some point and then not keep getting pressed.

Reminder to Americans: DO NOT BUY THEM FROM AMAZON USA.  (They always jack up the prices on imports.)  If any of have done so already, cancel the order.

If you order from Amazon, do it directly from Amazon.ca.  The exchange rate is currently really good for US buyers, and the shipping should be close to reasonable.  (Should be roughly US$28 each plus shipping.  I didn't log in to check shipping prices, but they've usually not been crazy for me.)

Edited by uglyredhonda

I'm in the same boat.

I'm wondering if the Record Centre in Hintonburg would be getting them or not? Like do they mean big box stores like HMV, or smaller record stores? Cause if I could just straight buy them from our local retailer I would most likely pick up BM and HM.

Reminder to Americans: DO NOT BUY THEM FROM AMAZON USA.  (They always jack up the prices on imports.)  If any of have done so already, cancel the order.

If you order from Amazon, do it directly from Amazon.ca.  The exchange rate is currently really good for US buyers, and the shipping should be close to reasonable.  (Should be roughly US$28 each plus shipping.  I didn't log in to check shipping prices, but they've usually not been crazy for me.)

I held off. I'll order from either Amazon.ca or Matt Good's site I think.

Bought 3 vinyls from the MatthewGood.org store (LOTGA, BM, HM)...tried to use my one credit card and it was declined for some reason. Switched to my second card and it went through. Both banks contacted me within 10 minutes to make sure it wasn't a fraudulent charge  :fp:

I guess because it was a purchase from a small store in a different country.

Bought 3 vinyls from the MatthewGood.org store (LOTGA, BM, HM)...tried to use my one credit card and it was declined for some reason. Switched to my second card and it went through. Both banks contacted me within 10 minutes to make sure it wasn't a fraudulent charge :fp:

I guess because it was a purchase from a small store in a different country.

Better safe than sorry! While we were up in Barrie for the show in November, I discovered someone back home had hacked my account and cleared it out. I am now super picky about my banking security.

I was given mine as a gift for Christmas...anxiously awaiting their arrival from the MG store! In related news, I wonder what's going on with the CN vinyl...I'd never cancel my order, but even still, there haven't been any updates in what seems like forever.

I think they mentioned it's getting pressed at a new plant because they had mountains of problems with the original.

I was given mine as a gift for Christmas...anxiously awaiting their arrival from the MG store! In related news, I wonder what's going on with the CN vinyl...I'd never cancel my order, but even still, there haven't been any updates in what seems like forever.

I emailed them last weekend and they said they should be shipping at the end of the month. My guess is that they threw it in with the reissue pressings but who knows.

Thought it was interesting that the vinyls were released last week, but my email says they won't ship til about January 25th...so about the same time as the Chaotic Neutral vinyl I pre-ordered back in August  :whistle:

Looks like I'll be getting 4 sweet vinyls soon.

Also for the record I mentioned a couple months ago that I didn't own a turntable. Well, now I do :) Been slowly collecting some of my favorite records since I got the table...expensive hobby.

Edited by Gomo

This is extremely cool, a lady named Renee Young who is pretty popular in WWE instagram posted this.

Small world.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAx-7DkkPyd/

That's cool.  She used to go by another last name when she was on The Score.  She's from Toronto originally, I think.  She was on the Score for a few years before she got the job as an announcer for WWE.  She's on the WWE divas reality show Total Divas, and I think she's dating one of the wrestlers.

Good to see MG get some love online.

I listened to a bit of the Ghetto Astronauts and Underdog LP's.

These really do not sounds that great, in my opinion.  Very flat with little dynamics.  Really seems like they just took the CD masters and put them on vinyl, which I guess is ok if you are not charging $40 per album.

Also, it really is too bad that Omissions of The Omen is not on the Ghetto Astronauts LP.

Edited by spiritofeden

I listened to a bit of the Ghetto Astronauts and Underdog LP's.

These really do not sounds that great, in my opinion.  Very flat with little dynamics.  Really seems like they just took the CD masters and put them on vinyl, which I guess is ok if you are not charging $40 per album.

Also, it really is too bad that Omissions of The Omen is not on the Ghetto Astronauts LP.

No Omissions of the Omen?! Fuck.