Crusader

Matthew Good 2014 Summer Tour

Does anyone know when the show in Edmonton starts tomorrow? Tickets say 8 pm, but I don't know if that's the time for the doors or for the opener.

My ticket says doors at 8, so the opening band probably won't be on till 9ish.

Last night's show (SCENE Music Fest). Was anyone there?

Yup, we were there. Short set but MUCH better than the Mississauga show we saw at the Living Arts Centre in 2011 (which was a HUGE disappointment).

Guest girl

I caved and made a last minute decision. I will be at Matt's concert at the Coca Coca stage tomorrow! Looking forward to it. This will be good. :)

Edited by girl

Attended the Edmonton (July 3) at The Ranch and it was a really solid performance. This was my 28th show so I think I have seen all Edmonton crowds have to offer and for being at a bar the crowd was well behaved, with no heckling or annoying yelling. There was some in between song banter, about usual for a full band performance (Matt was really hung up on the lack of cock in the Game of Thrones adaptation from what is in the ASOIAF series), and the band seemed to be in good spirits.

For having just started this tour the band seemed really tight, and Matt mentioned that they performed Champions of Nothing without having run through in soundcheck and even though they last played in November, but you couldn't tell; it was solid.

There was a lot of long rockers added in, some material from Arrows of Desire, so it had a lot of what I like in a show. After seeing the band in a sit down venue the last few years it was good to see the feedback from the crowd and see them get in to it, so maybe that helped the feel of the overall show. I recorded the show and doing a quick flip through the file and here is the setlist:

Strange Days

Champions of Nothing

Last Parade

Born Losers

Non Populus

Guns of Carolina

Load Me Up

Had it Coming

So Close

Weapon

Apparitions

Letters in Wartime

----------

Garden of Knives

Alert Status Red

Shallow's Low

I won't be able to track out the entire recording for about a week, so in the meantime here is a sample of Born Losers: https://www.dropbox....born.losers.mp3

• Upvote 2

Last night's show at the Ranch was amazing. Lots of energy on the floor! I haven't been to a GA show since he played at Capital Ex a couple years ago. I thought the crowd was great and I especially appreciated the singalongs during Strange Days, Load Me Up, and Apparitions. I didn't hear anyone hurl offensive comments toward the stage either. The only thing I didn't love about the Ranch as a concert venue was the height of the stage. It's a little high for those at the front. Otherwise, it was pretty good for a rather intimate performance.

Edited by NonPopulus

Awesome show! The crowd surfers were dicks, one nearly crushed a poor girl , she went down hard during the last song.

Had fun chatting with lance, that guy has stories for days. Thanks again to Matt and the band/crew for swinging through!

image_zpsc7a6c417.jpg

• Upvote 1

Guest girl

Wow, the band was on fire tonight! Best show in a long time! It must be the atmosphere. Everyone was in a happy mood and having a good time. It was fun watching the crowd dancing, singing and really getting into it. It was very entertaining.

All of the songs sounded great. I especially enjoyed hearing my favorite song Guns of Carolina, Letters in Wartime, Weapon, and suprisingly enough, Hello Time Bomb. I liked the spacey music parts in it. It sounded very, very different. Something that Anthony played? It was great. I like it a lot. I did a recording too. Unfortunately there was too much yapping in my area. I will have to go closer to the front next time. I will post it in the Lounge later.

Calgary Setlist:

Garden of Knives

Arrows of Desire

Had It Coming

Everything is Automatic

Born Losers

Non Populus

Guns of Carolina

Load Me Up

So Close

Alert Status Red

Apparitions

Weapon

Letters in Wartime

----------

Giant

Hello Time Bomb

Edited by girl

I hope MG schedules a show in Vancouver soon and I hope he finally plays Near Fantastica or at least Prime Time Deliverance!

I'll consider flying to Vancouver if he plays NF. Although I love NP, NF is still my favourite MG non-radio-friendly track.

I noticed that nobody put up a setlist for the Canada day show. I will try to reconstruct it from the best of my memory:

Giant

Last Parade

Born Losers

Non Populus

Guns of Carolina

Had it Coming

Load me Up

Alert Status red

So Close

Hello Time Bomb

Weapon

Apparitions

Encore:

Garden of Knives

Shallow's Low

It's a bit muddy in the middle, but pretty sure that is everything that he played.... i wish that AOB would get more love on this tour, oh well.