Crusader

Matthew Good 2014 Summer Tour

So, last time I saw Matt live (I know, I know) was in 2011 and hadn't bothered going to a show for the past few years because that Mississauga show was _THAT_ disappointing to us. After the SCENE Music Fest set (even though it was super short), we were impressed. Just wondering who's playing with him currently -- just trying to make some notes up on the show for myself. Obviously, it's Matt and Milos but who else? Thanks...

Out of curiosity, Adrian, what was it that so disappointed you in 2011? I honestly loved that tour!

It wasn't just me. I had a friend who saw three of the surrounding shows that Matt did on the tour and he even agreed that it was an 'off night.' The crowd was not very attentive (a lot of new material and the ushers were like Nazis getting people to put down cameras, etc. I was at the Mississauga show (which I also taped) that night. Performance-wise, it was decent but didn't have the vibe of what I'd seen in 2008 (then again, I saw the 2008 tour *NOT* at Massey Hall but from the fourth row in a small club in Oshawa). Now only if Matt would dust off "Black Helicopter" again...

Oh, well, that's too bad! I felt like the 2011 tour was epic, or at least had the potential to be so every night. I especially enjoyed the shows that opened with the While We Were Hunting Rabbits/Lights of Endangered Species/The Boy Who Could Explode combination. It just seemed like a great way to build into the show. Actually, the shows that opened with any of the slower songs from Lights were kind of neat. I like the slow builders. I'd be interested in hearing that show you taped! 2008 was an interesting year for shows. Very intense!

Caught the Ottawa show on the 12th. Short set but only $15 in advance (and for charity) so well worth it. Setlist below I believe is accurate, can anyone else vouch? Band was in great form, Matt was on & with lots of energy, Jimmy was rocking those solos like a motherfucker (his energy is always awesome!), Milos was Milos, Anthony was Anthony, and Blake looked in great shape. Crowd was very energetic (crowdsurfing, lots of peeps singing) but were all there for a volleyball tournament earlier in the day so tons of drunk young 20's douchebags I wanted to punch in the face.

Garden of Knives

Last Parade

Had It Coming

Born Losers

Load Me Up

Non Populus

Guns of Carolina

Alert Status Red

Weapon

Apparitions

Encore:

Giant

Hello Time Bomb

Edited by Moonlight_Graham

I can vouch for said d-bags in St. Catharines as well at SCENE Music Festival. I'm sure many people had been there all day for the openers plus Monster Truck and the Sheepdogs and just stuck around for MG. Your Ottawa show looks similar to the one I saw (and would expect to see this weekend in Toronto if I end up going). I don't mind a 70-to-75 minute set if it's a good one (which St. Catharines was). Speaking of which, I need to get that show up...

Buffalo Set list:

Prime Time Deliverance - Matt Only

Champions of Nothing - Matt Only 1st half of song then joined by full band

Born Losers

So Close

Load Me Up

Non Populous

We're Long Gone

Had It Coming

While We Were Hunting Rabbits

Shallow's Low

Alert Status Red

Weapon

Letters In Wartime

Garden Of Knives

Black Helicopter

Apparitions

• Upvote 1

Buffalo Set list:

Prime Time Deliverance - Matt Only

Champions of Nothing - Matt Only 1st half of song then joined by full band

Born Losers

So Close

Load Me Up

Non Populous

We're Long Gone

Had It Coming

While We Were Hunting Rabbits

Shallow's Low

Alert Status Red

Weapon

Letters In Wartime

Garden Of Knives

Black Helicopter

Apparitions

He played Prime Time Deliverance!! I hope he plays in Vancouver again.

Just looked it up and yeah, he was. Nearly every show they did that. That must have gotten stale quickly for the band then. Truth be told I don't remember them playing Born Losers at either show I went to though. Guess you can't really trust your own memory after all :P

I was able to record the entire audio from the Buffalo show to my iphone through voice memos. Not the best recording device, but it doesn't sound too bad. Right now it's one file, about an hour and 43 minutes long and 49.7 MB. If anyone knows how to edit audio like this, maybe cut all the songs into individual clips and/or mess with the sound, I could send it to you to play with. Or I can just upload it somewhere as it is and share that way. I would need some suggestions about where to upload, though...?

hasn't Matt played Born Losers at every show since like 2008? I feel its the only song in the set I ever get bored with, I understand that songs like Apparitions have this same distinction, but Apparations to me is a song I just never seem to tire of hearing, Born Losers was one of my favourite songs, but I go to alot of shows 4-5 each tour so when I hear it kick in, usually around 4th spot in the setlist I'm now finding myself wishing it would switch up once in awhile. I do still like the song, and I think it should still be played, but I don't feel it deserves the every single show status it has gained, I feel I may be in the minority there.