rockstar

Old Matthew Good Band Vids Going On Youtube!

I was going through a bunch of my old VHS tapes and I found a bunch of old MGB specials from MuchMusic. I have converted them digitally to my computer and am starting to upload them to youtube to share with everyone here. I'm hoping to have them all up by the end of the weekend.

I don't know if this violates any kind of copyright from Muchmusic or anything, so I would highly recommend that you download them if you can (I use a site called clipconverter.cc to save videos that I fear I will never find again).

The quality isn't great on a lot of them, but since I haven't found other copies, I think they can be appreciated :)

I will be uploading the following:

MuchWest presents the making of "Audio of Being" (currently uploading and Youtube says it will take 1100 more minutes).

MuchWest presents "A Day in the Life of the Matthew Good Band" (2 parts)

Matthew Good Band @ Snow Job 1999

Gonna Meet a Rockstar with Matthew Good Band

Matthew Good Band at Edgefest 2000 (Interview with Rachel Perry)

Big Sound feat. Matthew Good (some really bad Global TV show, but MG is pretty funny in it)

Maybe consider subscribing (will note I don't have the monetized settings on youtube, not doing this for cash, haha) but as I go through the rest of my VHS's I'm sure I will find more MGB/MG specials. I;m pretty sure I have a bunch of "Spotlights" and interviews recorded that I will still come across and keep uploading - but I am far too lazy to keep posting an update on here everytime I put up somethng new. :P

couldve waited until they were all done, but I figured there are some that would be eager to see the MuchWest special.

Enjoy! :)

• Upvote 1

Guest girl

OH MY GOODNESS! I love you rockstar! I have been waiting FOREVER for someone to post Gonna Meet a Rockstar with Matthew Good Band. Two pieces of good news today: Matthew Good playing the Calgary Stampede Coca-Cola stage on July 4th, and now this! I wish it wasn't at the Calgary Stampede though. I agree with what people are saying on Matthew Good's facebook. The Calgary Stampede exploits animals for our own entertainment. It seems every Stampede, an animal dies needlessly. I volunteer at the Calgary Humane Society now and last year when I was at the Stampede rodeo, a calf died while I was watching. That was tough to watch. It was heartbreaking. This may be the first Matthew Good performance that I will be missing since 2001...not sure if I will go this time around. It is a tough call.

Very cool. I figured these were just lost to the ages so any quality is a win. I remember watching many of them but never thought of taping them. I was also too young to think of wanting to watch them years later, haha.

and to throw in my own lucky sequence of events....Going to see him on July 27th on my birthday at some beer festival is going to be a great time. And no doubt some Arrows of Desire songs live. I wonder who will be drumming. I am going to guess Blake. If not him, then Pat.

Awesome upload! I hope UMG doesn't pull them down, I love the snowjob footage. Watching the edge fest footage, rachel sucked as a much music vj, that was just painful.

Any chance you can reap load day in the life part 2?

Also, just to make sure these don't get lost in the shuffle again, any chance you could post drop box links to the files in the upload thread?

Edited by finboy

Is there a problem with Day in the Life Part 2? It shows up fine on mine...?

I would recommend you use a site like clipconvertor.cc to save them.... the files individually are each like huge because my encoder records them into giant MPG files. I think the audio of being one was something stupid like 8gbs. So I hope thats ok.

UMG did block the content in some countries though.

Is there a problem with Day in the Life Part 2? It shows up fine on mine...?

I would recommend you use a site like clipconvertor.cc to save them.... the files individually are each like huge because my encoder records them into giant MPG files. I think the audio of being one was something stupid like 8gbs. So I hope thats ok.

UMG did block the content in some countries though.

It's strange, part 2 isn't showing up in your videos on your channel for me, any chance you could post a direct link to the vid?

Guest Idioteque

Apparitions music video has been off youtube for awhile.

I wish somebody would upload it.

Matt should upload it himself but he deleted his youtube account.. why? Who knows but now Had It Coming is gone...

Edited by Idioteque