Crusader

New Demos Going Up (Chaotic Neutral)

I loved the back to basics sound of Arrows Of Desire. it reminded me of of 90's MGB and what made me fall in love with the music to begin with. Not a bad track on the album. I was hoping this album would be similar to it in the rock sense, but I am happy with what I have heard so far and know Matt will put out great work.

Haven't heard Night Orders, but it seems like I may have potentially missed something that was kinda sorta possibly something quasi-special. Now I'm curious... I wonder which of MG's songs has gestated the longest--what's the oldest tune from genesis to prime time deliverance? Is there a good chance Night Orders will show up on a future record, or is every album "of the moment," where nothing old is borrowed?? Now I want a documentary on MG's recording process. How does each album start? Just a series of late night/ early morning jam sessions that slowly reveal something to cling to, or is there a specific theme in mind before a single string is strummed? So many questions. So many.

There was a documentary long time ago on MG's recording processing during the Audio of Being. If you want to see it, here are the links:

(1.) Matthew Good Band - Going Coastal - Part 1

(2.) Matthew Good Band - Going Coastal - Part 2

(3.) Matthew Good Band - Going Coastal - Part 3

Any word on song count for the album? There have been a bunch of demos but I'm not entirely sure how many. Somehow I doubt Matt's including Something Like A Storm, and I'm not sure about Refusing To Leave Space Camp, I seem to recall him saying he was abandoning a few of the early demos???

edit:

This album, more than any other, will differ very much sonically, and maybe even idealistically,  from the demos. Warne is producing this album, and by that I mean that I’m not sticking my nose into things. I’m the artist and I’m very much up for embracing proposed dramatic changes in sonics, etc.

Also this quote is getting me pumped for the album, I feel like all the demos had a nugget of awesome that wasn't quite fully explored, and Warne having worked with Matt so much in the past seems like the perfect key to unlocking those nuggets.

Edited by IamNick

Kinda wondering what happened (if anything) with Milos, but, damn, Bones is such a great bass player.  Warne's done so much great work with Midnight Oil (especially Blue Sky Mining).  But if you have never heard Earth and Sun and Moon - recorded by Nick Launay rather than Warne - it's an amazing listen.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcxdbZ5chcc[/media]

Edited by uglyredhonda

Guest Idioteque

Yes! Super excited for Moment, I love the piano in it & the message behind it. 

I hope for more teasers on IG. I liked when Matt did studio videos for Arrows Of Desire on youtube, but small snippets will do for now. 

Guest girl

"Excited to have Holly McNarland coming in Friday to do some vocals. It's been 14 years since she sang on Loser Anthems."

- MG on Twitter

That's great news. I've seen her a couple of times in concert. I like her music video "Beautiful Blue". I hope he posts pictures of her on Instagram. I haven't seen her in a long time.

MG posted a photo on Instagram of a notebook with what looks like a possible tracklisting for the album. The list was:

Harridan

All You Sons And Daughters

Moment

Kid Down The Well

Tiger by the Tail

No Liars

Girls in Black

Cold Water

Cloudbusting

Army of Lions

Los Alamos

Guest Idioteque

Matt said on twitter a single will be released in July. I hope he makes some kind of music video for it, Had It Coming reached over 500,000 views before it disappeared off youtube.

Im hoping that particular single is "Moment". With what's been going on in the world lately I think that song will do alot of good helping people, and it's also a badass future radio hit.

I would like to see that Had It Coming video again.  Does anyone have it?  I was very surprised to see how many views that got for MG in 2013 with a very simplistic video.  I liked the video but neither the video nor the song is something remarkable in MG's catalogue.  I saw it get to around 280,000 seemingly out of nowhere which I always thought was fishy and then it slowly climbed after that.  The highest I ever recall seeing it was at around 294,00 views but you're saying it got all the way up to 500,000?

Guest Idioteque

I have to look for my screenshot of it on my other computer but I'm pretty sure it got to 500k, because it was always right "load me up" for most views. But yeah I don't know it was taken down along with the rest of his youtube channel. He had another lyric video almost reaching 100k. I think one of the biggest problems that happened with Endangered Species is that it never got a true single treatment. Yes music videos are expensive but as it clearly shows, a music video of MG walking to a gig can get quite the view count.