Crusader

New Demos Going Up (Chaotic Neutral)

Guest girl

I am looking forward to this. I hope we have nice beach weather. Matthew Good hits the stage around 8-8:30 pm.

11224463_725271784251199_372363720304940

Edited by girl

I haven't seen a full band Matt Good concert since 2010. In fact that was the only time I saw him full band. Every other time has been acoustic...and I love acoustic, but the full band was definitely a different, awesome experience. Problem is he hasn't toured with full band in the states very much since 2010.

I'm considering flying up to Toronto on the next tour. The past few tours the dates always conflicted with stuff at my job. Hoping things work out a little better this time around. Would love to check out a show at Massey Hall.

Guest girl

Is MG headlining or Our Lady Peace?

Our Lady Peace is playing right after MG, the last performance of the day. I don't think I will stick around for Our Lady Peace. I'm not a fan of their music.

Edited by girl

Guest Idioteque

A new song is being released in a week, so I think it's likely he will play a new song.

Whoever is going please record! :)

Guest Idioteque

About that festival in Alberta with MG & Our Lady Peace...

Sooo I'm guessing it didn't work out? Looks like 40-50 people in what seems like a +2500 capacity park.

Anybody end up going?

Curious if he played a new song too.

11733508_10152934235127478_1870971381_n.

11721145_10152934234782478_140951955_n.j

Update: No new song. :(

Giant
Hello Time Bomb
Last Parade
Born Losers
Garden of Knives
Everything is Automatic
Load Me Up
Alert Status Red
Non Populus
Apparitions
Weapon

Found a better photo, not a bad turn out after all.
11655552_10152934262127478_1515415994_n.

Edited by Idioteque

Great concert! You couldn't ask for better weather.

I didn't see any new merchandise. They had four Matthew Good t-shirts at the merch table. I think they're from the previous tour.

Aww, the band members all hugged each other at the end. I've never seen that before. That was nice to see.

Holy crap is that Stu?

Yup, that's him.

Has Matt ever sported hair that short before?

It looks like he had a fresh, new hair cut. That's the shortest hair I've ever seen on him. Looks good.  (y)

Great show!  Wish it lasted a bit longer... took a few pics and vids, I will try to upload some.  Apologies for the shaky cam!  I was trying to keep steady but people were bumping the fence I was leaning on.... did my best.  Hope you like.  

post-2181-0-95912300-1436694514_thumb.jpg

post-2181-0-26214400-1436694535_thumb.jpg

post-2181-0-09526300-1436694546_thumb.jpg

Edited by Crusader
  • Upvote 1

I've always wanted to see Stu live, he's probably the most technical guitarist Matt has ever had on tour.

I totally agree. He is the best guitarist Matt ever worked with, solo or not. And I always thought it was a shame he was never there to play the songs he did on Lights.

Jimmy was a better show man though and I prefer his solo for Non Populus. The way Stu plays it sounds wrong.

Guest Idioteque

Yeah it sounded weird but it's his first time back in quite awhile, he's probably still rusty with some songs.

Jimmy is definitely entertaining to watch but Stu and his guitar playing will melt your ears.

Nice video and pictures, Longroad. They bring back good memories.

I caught a glipse of his wife backstage on the right hand side. I hope they had a nice mini vacation at the lake. It is beautiful down there.

Yeah it sounded weird but it's his first time back in quite awhile, he's probably still rusty with some songs.

Jimmy is definitely entertaining to watch but Stu and his guitar playing will melt your ears.

Yeah absolutely! Like I said, Stu's the best guitar player Matt's played! :)

And maybe the way he plays it is the way it was played on the record, for all we know, but the record sounds more like the way Jimmy used to play it.

More videos? You're awesome.

Re: Garden Of Knives. Those white balls were major annoying. There too many of them and lots of them were going onto the stage. Two of them bounced off of my head.

Note to organizers. Omit the balls. Or maybe they came from a radio station

Aww, cute. Check out 1:54 on Everything Is Automatic. A little kid dancing on her mom's shoulders. That's so adorable.

Edited by girl