Crusader

New Demos Going Up (Chaotic Neutral)

Before Matt went on stage, the lead singer of Stars, Torquil Campbell, referred to him as "Matthew Good the Legend."

Stars put on a wicked performance. It was my first time seeing them. Just watching Torquil Campbell on stage was entertainment in itself. It was worth the price of admission. He put 110% effort and enthusiasm into his performance. You can tell that he is very passionate and loves music a lot. Just watch him play the tambourine. I bought their CD today. Their songs From the Night, Trap Door, and No One is Lost are awesome live at an outdoor venue. I look forward to their next concert.

Matt retweeted earlier today a tweet praising the new song!!  According to Chris Lynch, an on-air personality in Calgary, @Lyncher99,the new single will be "All You Sons and Daughters", and will be on air in Calgary this week!!  Hoping it's going to be available everywhere around then..

I think that's a cool choice for first single. I've always loved that one since I heard the demo during the Lights of Endangered Species cycle. He had seemingly forgotten about it until I mentioned it in this thread and another member linked him.

Edited by NonPopulus

Guest Idioteque

I do find it funny that Matt threw out a bunch of songs because they sounded too much like Avalanche and he didn't want to repeat himself, but some of the tracks off the new album are recycled from the Lights demos. Still excited about the new album though I'm not complaining.

I do find it funny that Matt threw out a bunch of songs because they sounded too much like Avalanche and he didn't want to repeat himself, but some of the tracks off the new album are recycled from the Lights demos. Still excited about the new album though I'm not complaining.

Consider it making something out of nothing. Always a satisfying feeling!

I wonder if the album version will be much different than the demo version he posted. I think he made a comment at some point about how Warne would be producing the record and that some of the songs might turn out different.

Guest Idioteque

I'd think so, if you listen to any demo that ended up making an album there's usually a difference & a few changes, that's what I'm most excited for.

Also I noticed Matt changed his twitter picture to a 20-sided die, so I'm guessing the new record will be called Chaotic Neutral, which I still think is an awesome name for an album.

Edited by IamNick

I'm going through all the demos, and honestly I think All You Sons And Daughters is the weakest track.

Los Alamos is amazing,

Harridan, Tiger By The Tail and Cloudbusting are great,

All You Sons And Daughters sounds like filler to me,

and the rest are good.

I guess I'll have wait until Friday to hear how it turned out..

Guest Idioteque

That's how I feel too Nick, if any track should get you hyped about this new album, AYSAD is the weird black sheep out of the bunch. Which is why I really liked Moment, like Marcella said it is a radio friendly song, but there is nothing wrong with that. The message behind that track is very powerful and a subject matter that hasn't been touched on since Hospital Music.

But like I said I still like the song and very excited to hear the new mastering.

(Adding the photo for the archives)
11760157_10152864001957554_3530624578497

Guest Idioteque

I hope. I wish he just made 1 youtube account and uploaded all his music videos and put them there, studio clips etc. Even full studio albums, you look up Arctic Monkeys full albums or The Black Keys & those can rack up near 1 million views, I'm sure if Underdogs or Avalanche received a full upload they would get passed around alot, somebody uploaded Beautiful Midnight on YT & that's constantly on the front page of Reddit's music section.

But I think that would be too much trouble for Matt to negotiate with old labels & such. I won't pretend I know anything about the subject, just seemed odd his youtube account disappeared right around the time he left Frostbyte.

Yeah the pictures are nice indeed. The song is pretty much the demo without the bells (which I think he should have left on). So no big surprise if you were an M+ member back in 2010. Still a good song though. But I'm adamant, he should have recorded Hornets and released it as the first single. To me, it was better than All You Sons and Daughters.

Edited by Tips

Guest Idioteque

Matt seems to finally feel at home with this label too, with the tweets he's been making towards them. After all these years he's finally getting what he deserves as a musician. Awesome to see.

I love seeing stuff like this, history man.

11756962_10152943975712478_693147486_o.j