Crusader

New Demos Going Up (Chaotic Neutral)

I'd be happy with a group wolf viewing lol

Me too.

Coincidentally, I saw a wolf by the highway when I was coming home from the Sylvan Lake concert.

I kind of thought it might be All You Sons and Daughters.  It was never a song I was particularly excited about, always thought it needed a bridge or something, but it has a catchiness to it.  Sounds exactly like the demo version polished up a bit.  I'm hoping for some good surprises from other demos to studio translations.  It sounded like this album will have more differences between the versions. 

I wish he had kept the bells in this as well.

I like the title Chaotic Neutral.  Out September 25.

Guest Idioteque

Yeah I take back what I said, Sons & Daughters is definitely one of my favorites now. Very excited to hear the finished album. Im actually glad the bells are gone, it always took me out of the song.

Am I the only one who feels as though there is a vocal disconnect between "to" and "get" in the first verse at around the 0:58 second mark. I noticed it on the first listen, but I'm not sure what it is. It sounds like Matt was going to say "to wake up" instead of "to get up" but either caught himself early or had it changed later.

Other than that extremely little thing, I really like how it sounds. I thought I would miss the bells more than I am, but this really does keep attention on the rest of the song.

Edited by LostAndFoundAndLostAgain

Am I the only one who feels as though there is a vocal disconnect between "to" and "get" in the first verse at around the 0:58 second mark. I noticed it on the first listen, but I'm not sure what it is. It sounds like Matt was going to say "to wake up" instead of "to get up" but either caught himself early or had it changed later.

Other than that extremely little thing, I really like how it sounds. I thought I would miss the bells more than I am, but this really does keep attention on the rest of the song.

I like the outro from the 2010 version better. The song doesn't just seem to "stop" on that one. I'm wondering why he decided to change the second verse lyrics and the outro from the original demo from Lights.

I really like the song though and I'm glad he resurrected it for this album. I hope Hornets gets a similar treatment someday.

Guest Idioteque

Considering Matt once deleted his Instagram account because he said something along the lines of not wanting his personal life to be on the internet, or pictures of his kids. An album cover with his son for the world to see just seems like a big step.

Edited by Idioteque

Guest Idioteque

No idea. Maybe it was a quick joke because Matt can't release the new album cover yet.

I really wouldn't mind if it's actually the cover, I like the idea.

Edited by Idioteque

Is the Army of Lions song posted on the previous page from a demo or in the studio?

I was wondering that too. It sounds different from the demo I heard before. I will have to listen to it again.

Guest Idioteque

I was wondering that too. It sounds different from the demo I heard before. I will have to listen to it again.

I'm guessing it's a demo due to the quality.