Crusader

New Demos Going Up (Chaotic Neutral)

Guest Idioteque

Also scrolling on social media, Matt did ALOT of press today.

Good Morning CA, Indie88, Periscope, The Edge, TwitterCanada?

Hopefully all that can get uploaded by tomorrow before I see ACDC lol.

Tonnes of media appearances, including a Twitter Q&A, and I've missed it all! I'm wondering if it will translate into album sales, but I guess the free exposure can't hurt. If nothing else, it's a good reminder that Matt is still cranking out great music. Kudos to Warner for this whole album rollout.....they've built things up nicely.

Edited by GWS

Also scrolling on social media, Matt did ALOT of press today.

Good Morning CA, Indie88, Periscope, The Edge, TwitterCanada?

Hopefully all that can get uploaded by tomorrow before I see ACDC lol.

Good morning CA is uploaded :http://globalnews.ca/video/2232129/matthew-good-plays-first-single-from-chaotic-neutral-live-and-acoustic

Twitter Canada and Periscope were the same thing, it was the twitter Q&A, which was pretty quick

The Edge was last night, but I don't think they do a digital archive, so you won't be able to go back to it. He told some stories about Bones Hillman, Wade got him to say he'd come back after the second show in Toronto.

I missed Indie88. 

I just listened to the album on the MG.com stream for the first time.

I had heard a few of the demos but only listened a little bit. Didn't get too attached so I didn't get "demoitis".

Pardon my French, but that album is fuckin' awesome.

Edited by Gomo

Just listened to the entire album for the first time, loved it, more than Lights!

I feel like I like this album the most. Not just because it's the newest either. I really liked Arrows a lot. But I feel more emotionally attached to this album if that makes sense. I got chills when I listened to it through the first time. I feel very strongly about it. It feels relatable in a sense.

I liked Lights too, but definitely am digging this one way more. 

Harridan and Moment are killing it.

I'm really enjoying the whole thing. Warne and Matt can do some really great things. I was most excited to hear Los Alamos, and I have to admit I favour the demo a lot more in how it's very stripped down and unpolished but still quality enough for me to listen to it ALL the time :P The studio version is great, but I find the guitar part a little too prominent. The original part didn't have any nuances hidden in it, and while it still sounds good, it dictates the tempo of the song.

Just my two cents, and that's what I get for listening to the demo day in day out.

I agree.  I love how certain songs you can just hit that repeat button and listen over and over and this album certainly has that.  I hope that a good amount of the live shows are recorded as being in the US I am extremely jealous of anyone who gets to experience these songs live.  Just absolutely phenomenal work from everyone involved.  One of the things I did this weekend was listen to Matt's progress from the History Teacher demo's up to current and god how he has matured as an artist is absolutely amazing to watch happen.  If you have the chance listen to each album from the 94 until 2015 and be blown away at the progression. 

Cold Water still has that ambiance to it, I feel, but Los Alamos definitely lost something in the studio.

I caved and listened to the album. I couldn't wait anymore. There are so many beautiful songs on this album, and Holly McNarland's voice on Cloudbusting is absolutely perfect. I love this album.

I agree with you. I like the Los Alamos demo better. Like Manchalivin said, it lost its stripped down, raw sound. The demo version sounded more vulnerable, like he was baring his soul and innermost emotions. It took me away, and I was easily lost in the music.

Edited by girl

You're totally right. That was my biggest problem. I listened to those demos almost every day on the way to work. I would be better off not listening to the demos next time.

You're totally right. That was my biggest problem. I listened to those demos almost every day on the way to work. I would be better off not listening to the demos next time.

That is called "anxiety" :) I also suffer from that when it comes to MG's new material... I should not listen to his demos so much before the definitive songs are recorded...

You guys gotta maybe spin the demos less in anticipation of the albums.

This is why I actually don't mind that I missed most of the demos!  By the time I actually had a chance to check them out, most had already been taken down.  I think I caught maybe two or three.