Crusader

New Demos Going Up (Chaotic Neutral)

Guest Idioteque

Its so beautiful, by far my favorite from these demos. How the heck can I download this before its gone. :(

Sadly one of the hardest to try and get the lyrics for though.

Aaaaaaand LYRICS!

You say you got it

you say that you don't scare

all set about it, tiger by the tail

hurt flying high, you know how this ends

we just fall away

today I saw it happening again

curved hypnotic, tiger by the tail

all hurt flying high, you known how this ends

we just fall away

--------------------

We have done this before

we will do it all again

the kids in the corner

are shaking and screaming

“I am the lightning that will be your undoing”

We have been here before

We have done this before

and we will do it all again

We have done this before

there’s rats in the corn

breeding and eating

the floor under your feet

all up and down your street

busting down doors and dragging ‘em

we have been here before

we have done this before

Well I got a place to hide you

Don’t you look back unless to remind you it’s just a lie

Well I know a place to hide you

We have fought here before

we have lost here before

when the fix was on winning

We have done this before

we have been here before

Well I got a place to to hide you

Don’t you look back unless to remind you it’s just a lie

Well I know a place to hide you

thanks matt!

have you picked out an album name yet?

Listened to these further on the commute home. Seemed very fitting for the long, dark drive and onset of cold weather (don't laugh, it's freaking frigid for down south).

I really like the pronunciation of some of the lyrics, particularly in Tiger By The Tail, whether it was intentional or not I thought it sounded really cool, especially after seeing the lyrics.

Many thanks to Matt for making these available to us. I really enjoyed the commentary on the way things were vs technology available today. I often comment how my kiddo will not grow up with the excitement of listening to the radio for hours on end to be able to record your favorite song to a cassette, then be hopefully fortunate enough to have a double cassette deck to make the perfect mix tape. Aaaaand now I feel old.

Wow the Talk Talk influence is apparent in Tiger by the Tail. The music is beautiful on it, very relaxing. This sounds even quite different from LOES which had some of the same influences. The old/new demos had me interested and so does this new/new demo.

Question: Will anything that you scrapped from the first batch of demos resurface later in the new stuff? I don't mean to say whole songs, but more like parts of songs, guitar riffs, tone, etc.

Was the reason for the scrapping more because it didn't fit the feel you want for the next album, or you literally just didn't like what you ended up with?

I think the reason I'm asking is because I thought you had some kickass riffs going in Something Like A Storm.

Edited by Gomo

I really enjoy these two new demos. They aren't quite as dense as some of the earlier ones, but I think the sparse and slow-developing nature is perfect. I feel like they're very understated. There's a lot of atmosphere and room for development in the studio. Absolutely wonderful, in my humble and non-expert opinion. Thanks for sharing, Matt.

Edited by NonPopulus

Really enjoyed both of the songs for what they are, looking forward to how they develop further in the studio. After a few listens I think I prefer Tiger, but by a slim margin, both are hitting the nail on the head for me. As a side question Matt, are you considering Live Roading the two upcoming acoustic shows? I loved the last round of live road, but understand the difficulties of mixing it with a live band, but would really love to have a board recording of an acoustic show to listen to at home! If you do you should leave the banter in, sometimes that really makes the concerts whether it be insights into songs, continually chiding Lance or hilarious fan interaction. Anyways thanks for sharing the demos!

After a couples of listens, I like Tiger By The Tail better too. It's nice, chill music to listen and relax to, with a cup of joe or a glass of wine, after a hard day's work.

Edited by girl

Matt could really score a movie soundtrack or something. Something Like A Storm is fantastic. Longer than any EITS song, and far more consistently interesting. So many good ideas and tones/sounds Matt comes up with. We are spoiled fans with all these demos he has released over the last few years.

Night Orders has some classic style MG vocals in it that I love and has the makings of a classic MG song.. Maybe some of the first demos will still be used. Here's to hoping.

Thanks Matt for being so cool.

Edited by Manchalivin

Thanks to Matt for posting these. It's amazing to get a glimpse into his process, and to compare the demos to the final versions, if they still exist. I loved Tiger by the Tail. I love the direction his sound is going. It could easily be a score to a film, and I would love to hear more of that.

I immediately liked Tiger by the Tail, though I find myself liking it even more after every listen. "We have Done This Before, We Will Do It Again" is also fantastic, thanks for sharing Matt! I really do hope that it is viable for you to do an album in the same vein as these songs, can really feel the Talk Talk vibe.

It makes sense from an economic standpoint why the 20 minute songs wouldn't make alot of sense in a studio environment, clearly alot of us here really did like that song though, if its something you enjoyed doing have you ever considered the Led Zeppelin approach? Being restricted to 40 minutes of vinyl often they would have songs like Dazed and Confused and No Quarter that were about 6 minutes on a record but expanded anywhere from 15-45 minutes live. I'm guessing that one wouldn't go over to well with the people that love bitching about setlists, but if its something you really enjoy and find easy to do perhaps thats the way to do it? I htink of a song like Avalanche which is so beautiful in its current form, but it does make me wonder what it could be like stretched out and allowed to breathe a little more in a live setting.

Matt, thank you so much for Moment, it’s powerful and inspiring. I’ve been a fan of your music from the beginning. You continuously demonstrate real leadership when promoting mental health awareness. I know I would love your music without that connection however it hits home with me, and I suspect everyone else who takes the time to listen.

I lost all three of my first cousins to suicide due to schizophrenia and my sister was recently diagnosed bipolar. I remember my cousins and my sister when we were all kids: "it wasn’t always like this you know”. Good memories (pun intended).

Thank you for being authentic, original and meaningful.

Edited by Cartmanx

i still want bad pennies to be on an album one day. the new demos sound nice so far too though.

For me this would be "we are a place". The mood, that captivating melody and that crescendo like development in the song. Liked it even better as acoustic demo which came out first which was just named mysong2 or so.