Crusader

New Demos Going Up (Chaotic Neutral)

New demo up, called "Los Alamos". http://www.matthewgood.org/news/2014/12/6/demo-los-alamos

I can hear your heart beat on the other side of town

the windows shake and the windbreaks, they rattle around

stand in the yard, my hole card flipped up in a cloud

Ya I can see your heat beat from the other side of town

If you’re coming with me, come with me now

no more no less, no faith to test, no asking how

across the sea there’s a part of me captured in a cloud

now I can hear your heart beat from the other side of town

I can hear your heart beat on the other side of town

lay in bed and pound my head, try and drown it out

used to be a part of me that never thought to doubt

now I just feel your heat beat from the other side of town

So, this demo is basically my favourite thing ever. I'm so excited to hear what this will sound like on the album, though I'd argue to say it's damn near perfect as is.

I love the simplicty of it, and the layering gives me the chills with the guitar and keys cresendo in the background. What that would sound like live to start a show would be fucking fantastic. I can picture Jimmy using a E-Bow to get that sound.

Also, I'm a huge fan of the lyrics. They stand alone wth or without the song. I love the 2nd verse, and it's neat having no chorus, but only recurring themes in the lyrics.

I'm really hoping this makes the record. Can anybody rip this and throw it up on the lounge?

Yes, I love the simplicity of it as well. The ambience and mood of it is great. There's something really raw and honest feeling about it. It reminds me of something like Suburbia in a way.

I'm getting really excited about this album. This is more the MG I want to hear than Arrows. Althought Arrows is really good.

Guest Idioteque

I'm hoping for a "Champions of Nothing" style song on this new album, all the demos so far have been incredible. I'm also hoping the ending of Los Alamos goes into a heavy song, it's a great build up.

Cool about Warne producing, I must have missed that.

I disagree about the song ending on a heavy note, although it could be awesome ala Born to Kill. I think the song is almost perfect as it is. I hope this makes the album and he doesn't ruin what this demo has going on.

wow yeah, i loved Los Alamos first listen, so far this is my favourite demo.

It is my favourite demo too. Beautiful song.

I saw this comment about Los Alamos, and I love what he said. It sums up everything I've been feeling about Matt's music for years.

Andrew Murray An hour ago

Wow. This caused a real visceral response in me. Matt, you -like no other artist does for me- have created an emotionally charged soundscape that, for a time, I was transported to and transfixed by. I was aware of my own heartbeat in my earbuds, and feeling that 'other' heartbeat in the wind… beautiful melancholy for me

Great job Matt! I haven't highly anticipated an upcoming album as much as this one.

Guest Idioteque

No I didnt mean the song itself should go into a heavy part, just go into a heavier song on the tracklist. Los Alamos should stay how it is.

No I didnt mean the song itself should go into a heavy part, just go into a heavier song on the tracklist. Los Alamos should stay how it is.

Good thinking! I would have never thought of that. A contrasting song after that song is a good idea. A nice, uplifting song like Night Orders would be perfect after it.

Los Alamos is my new favourite now!! I don't think it needs to be changed a bit. Love the minimalist vibe. Could listen to it on a loop all day.

This record is shaping up to be fantastic!

Did you know the new album is coming out May 15th? LOL.

Just saw this while searching on Chapters:

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/entertainment/music/tbd/825646212446-item.html?ikwid=matthew+good&ikwsec=Home&ikwidx=4

I know. I wasn't even looking for it. Just happened to see the listing. Chapters is funny that way. They list books that aren't coming out for another year on there.

HMV doesn't have it, but Amazon has it listed as the same date:

http://www.amazon.ca...ds=matthew+good

I'm guessing it has to do with the label setting a date for the release already. I'm sure it could change if they wanted to.

Guest Idioteque

Yup. Labels & their deadlines, F#ck the system!

Frostbyte has been a good choice for Matt so far though, curious to see where they go in the future.

Guest Idioteque

RIGHT! I forgot about the announcement.

I just saw MG up on Frostbyte and thought he's still with them.

Now I'm really excited to see what they do together. Some of my favorite bands are with Warner.

What announcement? I thought he was still with Frostbyte. I also am curious as to how/where people saw that Warne was producing this one. I've looked over Matt's posts in this thread and can't find it.

He must have removed the comment. It was something like "Warne's producing. [something about MG producing], but Warne gets better sounds." Possible that he spoke too soon. I'm hopeful though - hopefully a new label deal can facilitate Warne's involvement. (Matt does great production work, but Warne is one of my all-time favorite producers - and not just for Matt's stuff.)

Edited by uglyredhonda

Guest Idioteque

Press Releases

MATTHEW GOOD SIGNS WITH WARNER MUSIC CANADA

September 11 2014

Warner Music Canada is pleased to announce the signing of Matthew Good, one of Canada

Edited by Idioteque

Thanks guys. The Warne getting better sounds seems kind of familiar so maybe I forgot.

I think Warne brings out the best sound between him and Matt (makes sense with his experience), but I think Matt does a pretty good job. I think Hospital Music particularly is quite well produced.

Edited by Manchalivin

From the acoustic show thread:

Ya sorry, I might have got lost in translation. We hope to start recording in March. After that there's a spring acoustic tour being worked on that's geared towards in being 2015, and therefore 20 years since the release of my first record. One thing I AM working on for that tour is to have runs of hopefully most of the catalogue available on vinyl at the shows. If i can't get them all, the ones that will most certainly be focused on are Beautiful Midnight, Hospital Music, The Audio Of Being, Underdogs, and LOTGA. I might even see if we can do Loser Anthems. We'll probably start with small limited runs, so I'm not sure if there will be vinyl produced that will last the whole tour. If it gets done, and all the cross-label stuff can get worked out, it'll be more of a litmus test. I also plan for the t-shirt to be a 20 sided dice with the 20 facing forward. i know you can already get shirts with those dice on them, but want to do that for the 20th anniversary.

i know there are tap delay pedals out there, but when you're singing and playing such an intimate song, your tempo is always changing, sometimes for just two bars to place emphasis on a line. Trying to foot-tap all that would be the biggest pain in the ass imaginable.

And warne is producing. I just want to be a musician on this one. Obviously I have tons of input, that's how we always work, but his sounds are superior to mine.