from one disaster to one in line
didn’t know it then, shouldn’t have to know it now
it’s time to wake up
rub your eyes and set off into the sun
you know we don’t get enough around here

All you sons and daughters gotta hide yourselves away
before they burn it out of you, hide yourselves away
gotta hide yourselves away

That's a nice update on the version that came out prior to Lights of Endangered Species. I'm glad he's resurrecting songs for this new album. One thing I miss about the old demo is the outro. Other than that, it's pretty awesome.

In regards to the cover, I would vote for Cloudbusting.

Definitely sounds better with real drum compared to the 2010 demo. I'm pertty happy he's taking unused songs from the Lights of Endangered Species demos as it's one of my favourite records of his. There were a lot of good songs that were cut off. I don't know if it's because I'm so used to the record as it is but although both Hornets and All You Sons and Daughters wouldn't have fit in, they're still great songs!

It's a shame he considers that We Are a Place became Non Populus because both songs don't sound too much alike so he could very well re-record We Are a Place and we'd have both songs (and that's not a jab at Non Populus as it is my all time favourite MG song :P).

Wow! This had recently become one of my favourite songs (I missed it back in the day), but I didn't know he was planning on re-recording it for the new album. That's awesome. Can't wait for the full studio version. I really hope for a nice outro on it too.

Edited by RileyLewis

Harridan

The same old place you go
where fear’s so simple
get on done what’re told
you’re gonna clip your wings  

Well my head gone out of time
my heart like belladonna swims some plasma undermine
yeah, gone and clipped my wings
gone and clipped my wings

My phone just woke me up but I guess I can't be mad because it's a new Matt Good demo.

Harridan

Same old place you go
where fear’s so simple
get on done what’re told
you gonna clip your wings  

Well my head gone out of time with my heart 
like belladonna swims some plasma undermine
yeah gone and clipped my wings

Yeah say I’m the fool
oh I wreck everything
you only get one side of true

Well Roddy said, “Jack, you angry?”
I said “I done what I done to stay alive
she always done beat me down gladly
I gone and clipped my wings...”

Well daddy can’t see you smile
but this is just seconds in your whole life
you know it’s been a while
but I’m here
I’m right here

That was beautiful. This demo comes in a close second after Something Like a Storm. Piano plus Explosions in the Sky type music equals a partnership made in heaven! I absolutely love it. I hope Matt does more of this type of music.

On a minor note, I noticed that Matt was giving Scot McCormack the love on facebook. I kind of remember that guy. I think he was banned from this forum.

Edited by girl

Harridan has some different vibeage for Matt me thinks.  And me likes.  Yet there's such familiarity.  Interesting stuff.

I really like the long instrumental intro to the song, it's really well done and draws you into the song.

Edited by Manchalivin

I'll have to give some of those songs another listen, I can't remember how the lyrics go, but it might be like when I found out Chris Martin split up with Gwyneth Paltrow and suddenly the lyrics on Ghost Stories made a whole lot of sense (ps. i love that album).

Edited by IamNick

More demo re-posts. I've got something to add about Cold Water.  I love the whole song but I especially love the "oh how I wish I was with you and nowhere else" part.  And I really enjoy the way the music moves in the last minute-ish of the song that's instrumental.  The bass is nice.

Matthew said it's easily his favourite of all the demos - or songs of the last decade.

Unfortunately I haven't been too excited about most of these demos. Truth be told, what I liked most was Something Like A Storm, so of course he ditched it. Nothing he's posted since has been able to capture my interest as well as SLAS. Oh well.