AndroidsDungeon

Anyone Else Want Another Live Album?

With the amount of quality bootlegs that are out there, and the fact that Matt did Live Road over the last tour, another live album is not something I would really b interested in right now. I'd buy it, but I don't think that it'd be on repeat for that long. I agree with you in that it probably won't happen, but maybe we'll get lucky and Matt will do a Live Road 2.0 on one of his next tours.

Personally, I'd rather see him try his hands at the country album he's always wanted to make.

If the live album is either: 1) completely acoustic (because let's be honest, we'd all love another acoustic tour) or 2) All b-sides and rarities.

Because like LostAndFoundAndLostAgain said, with all the quality bootlegs out now, there's no need for another live album.

Well I am always interested in live Matt Good because of the different ways he will play many songs. The Live Road concept basically gave us a live album of the last tour though, and he has said he would be interested in releasing entire shows in the live road format for an upcoming acoustic tour. For me, and I know this is unrealistic, but I would love like a 3 cd set live anthology, some tracks from the MGB days, some tracks from the 2003-2013 period and then a live acoustic disc. To me that would be a dream come true.

One... I wish people would stop using the term 'bootleg' -- 'live recording' is *MUCH* better because nobody's selling it. Two... I'm glad to see Matt on-board with allowing people to open trade said live recordings. What I'd _REALLY_ like to see if Matt go a step further and encourage the next point: Three... I'd like to see Matt become a 'taper friendly' artist who supports something like the Live Music Archive and allows people to run stands with mics (around the soundboard area) at his shows. Other artists have done this for years (Sam Roberts Band, Queens of the Stone Age, Big Sugar, Dave Matthews Band, Michael Franti) and it's not affected them negatively. By embracing this, people with QUALITY GEAR will capture his shows and the recordings that will exist will be incredible. I've done some great recordings for many of the above over the years and would love to the same for Matt. Speaking of which, I did e-mail his management team about this very thing and received *no* response regarding this weekend's Festival of Beer show in Toronto. Wide Mouth Mason are opening (who I've also taped without issue) and asked about the likelihood of recording Matt's set. Oh well, can't win 'em all.

I agree with everything you said Adrian, except the part about the fan recordings "not being bootlegs". A bootleg is something that is made, distributed, or sold illegally, and technically, we don't have direct consent to record from anyone in charge of the shows, thus making it a little illegitimate. Even you yourself said that you couldn't get a response in regards to recording an upcoming set.

We may not be selling our goods, but we are producing and distributing them.

In a counter-point against my own argument (playing Devil's Advocate here), Matt has said "If you have live bootlegs, and want to share them, please feel free to do so." on his post here http://www.matthewgo...4/2/17/rarities , so I would assume that he's okay with fans recording to some degree if he openly encourages us to share the already existing bootlegs, which, in a way doesn't make them bootlegs.

Anyways, I'm really starting to get off-topic, so I'll just end here.

Edited by LostAndFoundAndLostAgain

As far as I know there were only 3 songs released... and it's a stretch calling all of them "songs" really..

There are actually 2 versions of Agoraphobe plus Ryan's solo version though, so 4 songs recorded, 3 written. Of the 3 songs they wrote, I'd say that Agoraphobe really is a true song whereas the other 2 are just them goofing around.

As far as I know there were only 3 songs released... and it's a stretch calling all of them "songs" really..

Well you could say that about "Free Download" but "Agoraphobe" and "Seriously Serious" are pretty much what I would call a song :P

That said I've always wondered if they wrote "The Devil's In Your Details" during the whole +jackpillowhead thing.

Some while back Matt mentioned doing Live Road of entire acoustic shows while he was thinking of doing a Canadian Acoustic tour in the fall. Obviously those plans didn't pan out, but he mentioned it being a real possibility because of the ease of mixing such a show because of their only being a couple of things mic'd. I'm hoping he is still willing to do this for the couple acoustic shows in Calgary and Vancouver. That would be a real treat!

Honestly he sounds drunk or inebriated to me when I listen to Live at Massey.  He also sings horribly on that album.  That's my opinion though. He does put on a good live show.  His acoustic show in 2007 did not do it for me like his full band show did in 2005 however.  I noticed he also drank allot during his 2007 performance as well.  Also his snobbish attitude about the fans in Sault Ste Marie somehow misbehaving at his show when it didn't seem like that at all to me, kind of irritated me and seemed to come out of nowhere.  I attributed his perceptions to the drinking. :)