IamNick

Attacked In Argentina

I'm really just here to rant and vent some frustration, please feel free to ignore this post.

So I'm from Vancouver, but I'm been living in Buenos Aires Argentina for the last 2 years, and have been pick-pocketed once, but never attacked or mugged.

Anyway I was in a club with some friends, I went to go grab a drink and go to the washroom, and was looking for my friends after when someone pushed me. I gave the guy a look like "hey man I don't want any trouble!" but before I could leave he punced me in the face. He then hit me a couple more times, and then hit me with an empty bottle, and I fell over. I think he was aiming for my face but I was turning to leave and he hit me in the neck instead. I'm not sure if I was lucky or not lol.

At this point I looked up from the ground and noticed that he was with 3 or 4 other guys, I couldn't see my friends anywhere and he looked pissed so I decided to get the fuck out of there. I ran downstairs, grabbed my jacket and went into the street. I was thinking of just calling a taxi and going home to sleep, but I touched my neck and it came back soaked in blood.

Some guy came up to me and asked if I was alright, I said I was, but he said I was bleeding a lot and should sit down and hold my neck. A policeman came and I ended up taking an ambulance to the hospital and got stitches in my neck.

I have no idea who the guy was or why he hit me, but a friend who I was with later told me there was a group of people near us doing cocaine. And It turns out my friends thought I had already gone and so left the club, they all felt pretty bad afterwards but I hold no hard feelings.

This all happened on saturday, and the worst part is now the side of my head is completely numb, I can't feel a thing. I think the guy cut a nerve or something because when I touch the cut with the stitches I feel a weird sensation where my head is numb. It's so strange. Anyway I'm supposed to go the police station tomorrow morning to fill out some paperwork, and I think they want me to see a doctor.

I hope my head gets better.

That's a very scary situation. I'm glad you're okay. That's why I try to stay away from the bars late at night. That's when all the trouble seems to happen. Yeah, definitely fill out a police report. Hopefully charges will be laid against the guy.

I went back to the hospital to get my stitches removed, they told me my head being numb was normal; I'm pretty relieved. I'm hoping to start going back to the gym tomorrow and start my normal life gain, but this experience has left me kind of sour. It happened the day after I got back from visiting my family/friends for 2 weeks. I had such an awesome time in Vancouver, and then this happened, it kind of makes me want to leave Argentina.

I was in Rio for 10 days during the world cup and it was awesome. I was thinking of staying in south america for 2 more years, and now I'm considering moving there instead of staying in Buenos Aires, but who knows..

Edited by IamNick

Guest Idioteque

So sorry to hear that man. You'd be surprised how bad Vancouver is getting. To be honest I'd be more scared going to the World Cup seeing how there is hardcore hooligans out there, and especially thugs looking to take advantage of anyone who looks like they don't belong. Glad you're okay though!

Vancouver is really tame for a large city, most big cities in the US have much higher crime rates. Honestly Buenos Aires is not that bad compared to other big cities in South America like Rio de Janeiro which is itself actually still not as bad as Detroit for homicide.

The only other thing that happened to me here was my phone was pick-pocketed about 10 months ago. Well, 2 altercations in the last 2.5 years compared with 0 in Vancouver over 26 years, I guess it's a little riskier here.

Guest Idioteque

Lol well of course its riskier anywhere else in the world. I just always see Shootings/Stabbings/Assaults on the news lately, which wouldn't seem like alot compared to Detroit or Argentina. Still scary though.

Canada’s Most Dangerous Cities

Posted on September 5, 2014

by sasha.spencer

Maclean Magazine released it’s annual list of Canada’s Most Dangerous cities... Here’s the top 20!

1 Prince George, B.C.

2 Victoria, B.C.

3 Regina, Sask.

4 Saskatoon, Sask.

5 Fort McMurray, Alta.

6 Kelowna, B.C.

7 Grande Prairie, Alta.

8 Surrey, B.C.

9 Chilliwack, B.C.

10 Winnipeg, Man.

11 Red Deer, Alta.

12 Nanaimo, B.C.

13 Edmonton, Alta.

14 New Westminster, B.C.

15 Belleville, Ont.

16 Saint John, N.B.

17 Burnaby, B.C.

18 Vancouver, B.C.

19 Lethbridge, Alta.

20 Kamloops, B.C.

source: http://www.1077theri...ngerous-cities/

B.C. is all over the map on this list. Is it mostly due to organized crime, gangs and drugs? I see Prince George is at the top of the list.

I'm glad Calgary is not on this list, but there has been a rise in violent sexual assaults in the city recently. The same goes for Winnipeg.

I'm not really surprised Edmonton is on the list. My brother told me a few horror stories about what it was like living downtown in Edmonton for work.

Guest Idioteque

I'm surprised Abbotsford isnt in the top 20 seeing how it was #1 for at least 2-3 years straight during the Red Scorpions vs U.N war.

From what I've learned over the years talking to police when I worked for the city is that places like Kelowna/Chilliwack/Prince George are where organized crime can do their business without drawing too much attention and alot of criminals who have warrants flee to Vancouver Island so not to draw heat, but still conduct their activities.

B.C is too beautiful to have these thugs make it scary for families trying to live normal lives.

Again, OBVIOUSLY not as bad as other places in the world.

Edited by Idioteque

From what I've learned over the years talking to police when I worked for the city is that places like Kelowna/Chilliwack/Prince George are where organized crime can do their business without drawing too much attention and alot of criminals who have warrants flee to Vancouver Island so not to draw heat, but still conduct their activities.

Oh, I see. So they go to remote BC locations where they can conduct their activites such as money-laundering, like Walter White on Breaking Bad did at his car wash. That is scary.

Edited by girl

Guest Idioteque

Not just money laundering, but actually cooking meth out there. Very easy for drug deals to happen & Lots of places to bury bodies out there id also guess. This is what cops have told me, and its very HA populated in some parts.

Edited by Idioteque