hoogie

We Were Promised Jetpacks

Just throwing this band out there, to see if anyone's heard of them. They're from Scotland, and they've been around a few years now. They have two albums out now, and another one coming in two weeks. They've got a sound similar to Explosions in the Sky, who they've cited as a big influence.

From their first album, a live recording of It's Thunder and It's Lightning, their best song:

Going to see them in Toronto on October 19th.

I recently(like last few weeks) have really gotten into them.After wondering into them on wikipedia while looking up a band called meursault. I like that I can hear the singer as scottish. Most times the british isles accent(scots,irish,english) kind of sounds english or none at all when singing, if that makes sense.

I hear a little early explosions. I hear a lot of appleseed cast in there, moving mountains a little too.

There approachable in a poppy way but still rock out and have some interesting song structures.

I love that the accent can be heard throughout. Definitely sets them apart.

Their new album was available to stream briefly, and it's got a different sound as well. They've added an additional guitar player to the band, and it shows in the tone. Also like that they let the bass shine through. There's a couple songs where the bass player is playing chords, and it sounds really cool.

Reviving this thread because they're coming to North America again this summer.  Got my tickets for June 1st already in Toronto.  Love these guys.  They should have a new album coming out around then.