Guest Idioteque

Share Your Matthew Good Collection!

Guest Idioteque

Haven't seen a thread active about this so I thought I could rehash it.

Currently I have:

All His cds (a must)

1 Signed Vancouver record,

1 Signed Arrows Of Desire record,

1 Signed Lights Of Endangered Species record,

1 Signed & Sealed Avalanche record,

1 sealed Avalanche Record.

1 Signed & Sealed Avalanche Cassette.

1 Sealed Beautiful Midnight U.S cassette (it has Underdogs songs on it, so awesome)

Lights Of Endangered Species Tour Poster

Arrows Of Desire Tour Poster

Rock The Shores Tour Poster.

So far thats it. I've been hunting for Underdogs on Cassette.

Please share what you have!

Pictures if possible.

post-5240-0-63513300-1414838912_thumb.png

I've got all the studio albums on CD, as well as In a Coma and Live at Massey Hall. I don't have Loser Anthems or Lo-fi B-sides. Hmm I've got an Avalanche tour poster, a bunch of merch, a couple different coloured hoodies, toque, scarf. I don't have anything on vinyl though. Honestly I moved to south america a couple years ago and don't have the money to buy and ship new stuff, and everything I listed aside from the clothes are back at my parents place in Vancouver, although I buy the new albums when I go visit but I always just leave them there.

@IamNick: If shipping costs are the issue, if you hear about merch that you want during the Canadian tour next year, feel free to give me a shout. If the exclusive, 20 year anniversary merch is only available at the concert merch tables, maybe I can send it to Vancouver for you.

I wonder if they will be selling the vinyl LPs and the dice shirts, that Matt was talking about, only at the merch tables and not online.

Edited by girl

Guest Idioteque

If it is tour exclusive im going to have to find someone online who is going to one of the first shows and wire them money so they can buy the records and dice shirt for me, and ship it back to me before Matt makes it to Vancouver.

But with me getting already ripped off online im gonna have to find someone trustworthy lol.

I absolutely cannot miss these 20 year anniversary items. I dont think I have to point out how much of a vinyl nerd I am. :P

Nice collection Nick! I have 0 MG clothes :( Ive wanted a hoodie of his for years but its $60 on his site. Can't justify spending that, yet. ;)

I've got your back, Tony. I've been ripped off many times, but I would like to think I wouldn't do it to anyone else... just as long as the shipping isn't too expensive. For instance, it cost me $30 to ship one Matthew Good vinyl to the U.S. I had to package it really well, so that it would not get damaged or scratched. That's a little too pricy for me.

I hope they sell a Matthew Good/Matthew Good Band vinyl LP box set and not individual vinyls. I only have my eye on a box set. Individual vinyls don't stand straight and don't really look good on a bookshelf. I always kept my individual Matthew Good vinyl LPs in the closet, where they collected dust.

Guest Idioteque

Are you planning on seeing Matt during one of his first shows? (East Coast). I would send you money and even cover shipping if you could pick me up things. :)

i will probably miss a few things...

-all studio albums on cd (except ep's)

-all vinyl albums, including an opened and unopened avalance (the unopened is a backup in case i ever wear out the opened one)

-mgb audio of being a&b sound t-shirt

-Avalanche tour poster

-3 MGB jersey's signed

-1MGB kappa jacket (still need to get this signed, next time he is in town)

-1 MGB patch

-several tour shirts

-several later tour posters

i think thats it? I'm always on the prowl for old MGB stuff, i want to track down more jersey's but they are rare as hens teeth, I have missed out on silver, and yellow ones online, I have a black, blue, and white, and I sent another white one to a buddy in the UK

That was a cool thing they did for a fan. It was up close and personal. A really cool thing Matt did long time ago was play for a small group fans in his own apartment right before he moved out. I think Crusader was there. That must have been a once in a lifetime experience.

Guest Idioteque

Oh it was cool, I meant the time machine back to 2000's Much Music with Rick Campanelli that was awkward haha. I thought Ed The Sock was going to pop up at any moment and have another boxing match with Matt.

Dave wasn't lying about them taking their soccer seriously either.

Photos are a bit hard to come by on google it seems, I might try to snap some pics if I get time. Basically they are soccer jersey's from kappa with one of a couple different matt good band patches ("the strikers" or "victory through sheer volume") and the MGB logo in the middle. It is rare to find them in a size that isn't xxl, my guess is baggy was the style? Anyways, cool keep sakes, occasionally they pop up on here or ebay for $100ish. There was also a run done after the matt good band, with an amnesty international symbol, I think proceeds from those went to AI for donation.

Man that's awesome! I never see any MGB clothes, I wish I could start a collection like yours if they weren't so rare.

I just saw this patch on Ebay, must have been from one of the soccer t-shirts or something.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Matthew-Good-Band-MGBFC-Patch-/331408413405?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d297b12dd

I think I'm still high bidder on that one, lol. Eventually I want to find someone who can redo the mgb logo, then I can find generic kappa jerseys and potentially fill the holes in my jersey collection with reproductions

I am moving at the end of the month so most of my stuff is in storage, but I got this signed this summer at the stampede show.

image_zps098d44f4.jpg

Edited by finboy

Oh it was cool, I meant the time machine back to 2000's Much Music with Rick Campanelli that was awkward haha. I thought Ed The Sock was going to pop up at any moment and have another boxing match with Matt.

Yup, Rick Campanelli was awkward on Music Music in the 2000's, and he is still awkward today on the cheesy ET Canada.

Ed The Sock was awesome. Ed The Sock, George Stroumboulopoulos, Sook-Yin Lee, and the host of Going Coastal were the only good VJs on Much Music.

Edited by girl

I read what Ed The Sock wrote about the Jian Ghomeshi ordeal. It was an interesting read. http://www.straight.com/blogra/766371/ed-sock-posts-must-read-rant-fame-decency-and-jian-ghomeshi

Oh, I didn't know that there was a fromage 2014. I don't really know what that is, but I will check it out later. I also enjoyed watching Nardwuar the Human Serviette's interviews on Much. He sure did his research.

Guest Idioteque

I liked Matte Babel but then he went on this WEEEIIIIIRRDDDD racist accusation rant on the band "Protest The Hero" when they were doing an interview.

It's actually worth the watch. Just killed the entire interview, and the guy who was suppose to be offended by being called "said racist word" Arif Mirabdolbaghi ended up defending his lead singer who obviously said something dumb but Matte was going on this really ridiculous finger-pointing mission for an apology.

George Stroumboulopoulos on the other hand is awesome, I love all the interviews he has done with Matt on his shows.

I also love how Nardwuar is still doing his thing on youtube.

Edited by Idioteque

Guest Idioteque

Found a really cool Underdogs promo CD used by radio stations.

I went to this really old classical store & randomly asked if they had any MG cassettes & the owner said he used to have DOZENS a few months back!

Kill me noooooooooooow.