Guest Idioteque

Share Your Matthew Good Collection!

- All full length recordings and loseranthems on CD
- An extra, unopened copy of WLRRR signed
- A copy of the IAWCC CD single
- Avalanche, Vancouver, LOES, Arrows of Desire, and (whenever they get their act together) Chaotic Neutral on Vinyl
- Copy of Avalanche Vinyl signed in person during VIP a few years ago
- LOES VIP T - Shirt, LOES Tour shirt, Hospital Music Shirt
- I used to have three Avalanche Tour shirts, but all have been lost to time and moving. I also used to own an Avalanche Keychain, stickers, and an MGB patch. 
-  At Last There Is Nothing Left To Say
- Avalanche Tour 2003 Poster
- Signed Lithograph, LOES Tour
- I've kept all my ticket stubs - seen 11 shows including the evening with Jay Baruchel in Toronto, 12th will come December 5th

I sure love my signed and personalized LOES lithograph from 2011. It is my prized possession right now. I framed it, along with the LOES concert ticket stub, on my bedroom wall. I was just looking at it this evening.

Note to self:

Always try to get your Matt Good or any other band/music merch personalized. That way you will never be tempted to sell it or give it away in the future.  (y)  (y)

I should have done that with my limited edition, In Violet Light painting. The Hip's Bobby Baker painted it, and proceeds from it went to charity.  I sold it to someone in Ontario or Quebec. Hip fans seemed really interested in it. So stupid. I should have kept it.

- Signed Lithograph, LOES Tour

Edited by girl

I came pretty close to winning one of his paintings, but a guy beat me to it. I believe Matt was auctioning it off for charity. If my memory is correct, it took place at a fan site called nation of cool long time ago.

So this tour so far I've acquired an Ottawa setlist (Stu), a Montreal setlist (Blake), a pick from Stu (Montreal soundcheck) 2 signed posters (I won both) as well as the promotional poster for Ottawa and the promotional poster for Montreal. Pretty sweet haul so far. Oh and the rest of the tour challenge prize. But that's in the mail.

I also bought myself the Thomas and the wolf shirt, the ladies' lion shirt, the hoodie and the button set.  digging the merch. 

I also have the ladies' Arrows shirt, the unisex car shirt, the ladies' bird shirt, the hospital music cross body bag, Arrows tour poster, promotional poster from Kingston for the Arrows tour, hospital music buttons (but I lost two :(  ), signed copy of Arrows, and the NotSo shirt from last year. Oh and two Jimmy Reid picks (with the bird on them!) from Kingston. And one Matt Good one from Kingston as well (I think it got lost though). I also have one of Matt's from HOPE Volleyball. And Lance gave me Jimmy's setlist from HOPE as well.

I'm really kicking myself for not getting the NotSo poster. The posters have been on point.

Edited by emmit643

Wow that's a lot of stuff, Emma! I like the merch this year too. The iron on patches are great.

I thought you could get the Matt and jay poster from maple music store still? I could be wrong.

My most beloved merch was my Avalanche hoodie which I wore to death throughout university. Quite a shame I no longer have it. I check the thrift stores. Found Chris an Arcade Fire tour shirt in a thrift store yesterday.

I am really looking firsts to hearing how Holly and Matt sound live together. I trust someone will record a bit. ❤️

You can get it. I'm just not a fan of the shipping. But if it comes to it, I will order it post tour. I didn't realize the patches were Iron-On!!!! I thought I'd have to sew them which is why I skipped them. Guess I'll be picking those up too haha.

AND yes!!! I am so stoked to here Holly live with Matt!

If Holly and Matt are performing in Toronto, there's another little diddy aside from Cloudbusting that would be a welcome addition and a nice little surprise.

Edited by jjazz

Shite! Someone has to video that if it happens. Y'know....for the greater good and all.

I plan on it. Camera is charged and ready to go. Enough space on my memory card to record almost the entire show, which I wouldn't of course. But I do plan on recording a few songs, only the new stuff. 

I plan on it. Camera is charged and ready to go. Enough space on my memory card to record almost the entire show, which I wouldn't of course. But I do plan on recording a few songs, only the new stuff.

Harridan would be a welcomed addition to the video thread, if you are so inclined :)

Harridan would be a welcomed addition to the video thread, if you are so inclined :)

Yeah hopefully Matt plays it at that show. It seems like that's one of the new songs that gets rotated every few shows and I'll be watching him at his last Toronto show.

Edited by jackwork

Yeah hopefully Matt plays it at that show. It seems like that's one of the new songs that gets rotated every few shows and I'll be watching him at his last Toronto show.

Yeah it got skipped over in Barrie. Out of the new album songs I saw, I would say Girls in Black is hands down number 1, followed by Cloudbusting, Lions and Los Alamos. Of course, moment and Kid were also skipped over but if I had to guess, I would think kid down the well was probably really good also.

Edited by mackie1023

Yeah it got skipped over in Barrie. Out of the new album songs I saw, I would say Girls in Black is hands down number 1, followed by Cloudbusting, Lions and Los Alamos. Of course, moment and Kid were also skipped over but if I had to guess, I would think kid down the well was probably really good also.

Girls in Black is the only song I haven't gotten to hear live yet since it got cut from the Montreal setlist. My fingers are crossed for Day 3 Toronto or Kingston.

Girls in Black is the only song I haven't gotten to hear live yet since it got cut from the Montreal setlist. My fingers are crossed for Day 3 Toronto or Kingston.

I hope you get to see it! The room was almost at capacity in Barrie and I'm not sure if that had anything to do with the cut, but I wouldn't be surprised. I lost sight of Matt in the crowd and was worried for a few moments, but he appeared again on the side stairway going up to the balcony in a sea of fans. It felt like that performance took a lot out of him, but it was top notch. I get chills still thinking about it.

I hope you get to see it! The room was almost at capacity in Barrie and I'm not sure if that had anything to do with the cut, but I wouldn't be surprised. I lost sight of Matt in the crowd and was worried for a few moments, but he appeared again on the side stairway going up to the balcony in a sea of fans. It felt like that performance took a lot out of him, but it was top notch. I get chills still thinking about it.

Got to see it!!! Gaaaah this tour is so epic.

Would like to add to my previous post of my "collection"

I picked up a toque (red) and patches in Toronto today. I won the "silver" wolf shirt with the app. Blake tossed me a drum stick after the encore. And James hooked me up with Stu's set list tonight which I split with Amber one page each.

Chilled with Bones after the show for a bit, had a smoke and such. Was talking to another fan about how you just have to be respectful and polite cause people remember you and then heard "remember you?! Yes!" and that was Stu coming over from the bus, who hugged me and chilled for a couple before setting off to his buddy's 40th birthday party. This tour is the best. The. Best.

Then I had to set out to catch my 12:45am greyhound back to Ottawa because I work at 10am tomorrow LOL. Wish me luck on that haha. Thank god I work at a coffee shop. All the espresso. All day. Gonna die.

Guest Idioteque

Lucky you! I always used to go behind the venue after shows just to hang out with the band. I decided not to for Vancity out of respect to Matt, since he seemed like he wanted space & privacy this tour. Even though he's walking into the crowd every night!

Well apparently other than Matt being hidden, the rest of the band is down to chill! That's awesome you got to meet the guys. The drummer looks like my Dad but there's no easy way to bring that up in a conversation without making him feel old.

Emma, you might as well take a photo of everything you've collected so far on this tour, I've lost count on all the goodies.

Edited by Idioteque

Lucky you! I always used to go behind the venue after shows just to hang out with the band. I decided not to for Vancity out of respect to Matt, since he seemed like he wanted space & privacy this tour. Even though he's walking into the crowd every night!

Well apparently other than Matt being hidden, the rest of the band is down to chill! That's awesome you got to meet the guys. The drummer looks like my Dad but there's no easy way to bring that up in a conversation without making him feel old.

Emma, you might as well take a photo of everything you've collected so far on this tour, I've lost count on all the goodies.

haha yeah. The swag bag this tour is insane. I think after this show I will. Or once my drum head gets sent to me from Toronto (Amber bought it for me at the thursday show, but forgot to bring it to the saturday when i was there, so is now going to ship it to me)

But yeah, the stuff is definitely piling up for sure. And I thought I wouldn't be so lucky since Lance wasn't coming this time around. 

Adding: Blue die shirt, Bones Hillman original penguin (he drew more for us before the show), Matt's kingston set list.

I won another poster with the app (lolololol) but I gave it to one of the guy's that didn't win Kingston's tour challenge yesterday from Instagram. I recognized him before the show lol.

Bones was selling a signed Midnight Oil record at the merch table last night too. Also did you guys know why he's was drawing those penguins? It's because he calls Stu "Happy Feet". So really these penguin drawings could be Stu drawings.

5 for 5 on set lists. Sean hooked me up with Bones' this time, which I specifically asked for. So i now have two of Stu's and 1 from everybody else

You grabbed one?  Nice.  We waited around until the end, when they were tearing down, but there were a group of people hanging out who had been closer, so I figured I didn't have a chance.

I grabbed the blue Chaotic Neutral t shirt.  Looks pretty good.

You grabbed one? Nice. We waited around until the end, when they were tearing down, but there were a group of people hanging out who had been closer, so I figured I didn't have a chance.

I grabbed the blue Chaotic Neutral t shirt. Looks pretty good.

Yeah. It's because Matt's crew didn't come out right away. There was venue staff helping tear down but typically they don't give the set lists out. I just waited till I got Sean's attention and asked real nicely for Bones' list and first he said no, but was joking and gave it to me. Blake also came out and was talking to people after the show over by the curtain guitar side.

When Kelly and I got to the venue and lined up, Stu was coming out the back stage door and was like "I knew we'd see you girls here" hehe

I ordered this black mug a few days ago, and it's coming in the mail. I know it's not official Matthew Good merchandise, but I just had to have it.

I thought I was the only one who felt this way.

Anyways, it's a collector's item. I saw the website mentioned on Matthew Good's facebook page, in the comments section.

http://teechip.com/MatthewGood-gnbynq#id=4&c=161616&sid=gildan-50-50-hoodie&s=front

beverage-mug-003300.jpg

Great collections everyone!

I have all albums, many signed.(up to Vancouver)

Blue loser anthems (signed)

His book (signed)

Avalanche LP (signed)

A bunch of signed setlists from 2003 - 2007

One of Pat Steward's signed drumsticks from a show in Edmonton (not sure if he still tours with Matt)

And this collection of rare radio single and album releases (photo attached) :)

post-5420-0-54475600-1450754255_thumb.jpg

Edited by thegirl