Guest Idioteque

Share Your Matthew Good Collection!

I ordered this black mug a few days ago, and it's coming in the mail. I know it's not official Matthew Good merchandise, but I just had to have it.

I thought I was the only one who felt this way.

Anyways, it's a collector's item. I saw the website mentioned on Matthew Good's facebook page, in the comments section.

http://teechip.com/MatthewGood-gnbynq#id=4&c=161616&sid=gildan-50-50-hoodie&s=front

beverage-mug-003300.jpg

Something similar keeps popping up on my Facebook feed, except it's a hoodie.  It has the same saying though.  Let us know how it turns out!

These ads creep me out.  I know they're just using your browser history to populate your feed with ads that you'd find relevant, but it's still weird.  I was looking at buying glasses online, and now all I see everywhere is ads for clearly.ca.  Targeted advertising at its best.

Maybe I should have stuck with official merchandise. A fundraising thing is a little weird. It's my first time buying unofficial merch. Can you delete those images and link? I can't do it.

Edited by girl

Guest Idioteque

Yeah this doesn't look legit at all. Does it say what the fundraiser is for or no?

http://teechip.pissedconsumer.com

From what I can tell, anyone can do this. It's almost a pyramid scheme where they have anybody who wants to make crap spam websites with link to their own ideas (which from what I can tell is 99% mostly copyrighted things from Supernatural to ACDC) then the money gets moved to a large company that may or may not make what you purchased. Hell they basically admit to shady stuff by admitting they charge $24.99 for a $5.99 shirt.

They even have a step by step help guide on how you can report items that infringe on your intellectual property. Clever safety measure considering the amount of cease and desist orders they probably get from huge corporations like Disney & Universal.

So either this could be a huge Matthew Good fan who just wants to make cool shirts & unaware of all this, or a nonfan who is just cashing in on fans during the holiday. We will never know.

Either way I highly doubt Matt is seeing a penny from anything here, I'd actually put money on it.

Yeah they tailor those ads based on browser history, Facebook likes etc. I added "barista" as my job on fb and not even a minute later there were ads telling me to act now and get my "keep calm and let a barista handle it" merch. Or "it's an Emma thing" merch or the above I don't need therapy blah blah, the list goes on. Who knows where the money even goes lol.

Okay, it's official. I'm a sucker.

mrtrufflepig, safedistance --> haha. You guys are wealth of information. I should have done my research first, before jumping into it. I'll know for next time. A fundraising site wouldn't spam annoying advertisements, and it doesn't say what they're fundraising for.

Most of my stuff is from the MGB era, but the things of interest that I have are:

-all the studio albums (all signed from LOTGA to Avalanche)

-Underdogs advanced CD - the cover has a photo of the band - signed

-Beautiful Midnight US version (this has the 3-4 Underdogs tracks) 

-Lo-Fi B-Sides

-Loser Anthems (But most people have this now)

-Old Fighters (I'm sure most of you have this, although it's hard to get in Canada :\)

-CD Singles for: Everything is Automatic, Indestructible, Apparitions, Rico, Hello Time Bomb, Load Me Up, Strange Days, Future is X-Rated, Carmelina, Antipop, Weapon, IAWCC, Near Fantastica, Alert Status Red, Fell in Love With a Bad Idea   (I don't know if the 3 LOTGA singles ever had CD singles or not, and I dont think CD singles were created in the In a Coma era and beyond, with everything becoming digital)

-MGBFC hoodie with the Gunner logo

-MGB toque

-At Last There is Nothing Left To Say book

-Black Market Surgery book

-MGB Beautiful Midnight tour poster

-Hello Time Bomb Radio Release Poster

-Strange Days Radio Release Poster

-Matthew Good tour poster (Vancouver era)

-Vinyls*: LOTGA, Raygun, Underdogs, Beautiful Midnight, Hospital Music, Arrows of Desire, Chaotic Neutral**

-Tattoo on my forearm of a lyric from "The Rat Who Would Be King" -- it says 'and I've a grenade with our names scratched on the side but that's just love"

*There was a post on mg.org that addiitonal vinyls would be made later in 2016: I am assuming they are for: Loser Anthems, Audio of Being and WLRRR as those are the only 3 main catalogue albums without a vinyl. (I'll definitely be getting those if they do get released! haha)

**You'll notice I am missing: Avalanche, Vancouver, LOES -- if anyone has an extra copy for sale that they are willing to sell to help an obsessed fan complete the full collection, I would be forever grateful!

I'm basically obsessed lol.

Most of my stuff is from the MGB era, but the things of interest that I have are:

-all the studio albums (all signed from LOTGA to Avalanche)

-Underdogs advanced CD - the cover has a photo of the band - signed

-Beautiful Midnight US version (this has the 3-4 Underdogs tracks) 

-Lo-Fi B-Sides

-Loser Anthems (But most people have this now)

-Old Fighters (I'm sure most of you have this, although it's hard to get in Canada :\)

-CD Singles for: Everything is Automatic, Indestructible, Apparitions, Rico, Hello Time Bomb, Load Me Up, Strange Days, Future is X-Rated, Carmelina, Antipop, Weapon, IAWCC, Near Fantastica, Alert Status Red, Fell in Love With a Bad Idea   (I don't know if the 3 LOTGA singles ever had CD singles or not, and I dont think CD singles were created in the In a Coma era and beyond, with everything becoming digital)

-MGBFC hoodie with the Gunner logo

-MGB toque

-At Last There is Nothing Left To Say book

-Black Market Surgery book

-MGB Beautiful Midnight tour poster

-Hello Time Bomb Radio Release Poster

-Strange Days Radio Release Poster

-Matthew Good tour poster (Vancouver era)

-Vinyls*: LOTGA, Raygun, Underdogs, Beautiful Midnight, Hospital Music, Arrows of Desire, Chaotic Neutral**

-Tattoo on my forearm of a lyric from "The Rat Who Would Be King" -- it says 'and I've a grenade with our names scratched on the side but that's just love"

*There was a post on mg.org that addiitonal vinyls would be made later in 2016: I am assuming they are for: Loser Anthems, Audio of Being and WLRRR as those are the only 3 main catalogue albums without a vinyl. (I'll definitely be getting those if they do get released! haha)

**You'll notice I am missing: Avalanche, Vancouver, LOES -- if anyone has an extra copy for sale that they are willing to sell to help an obsessed fan complete the full collection, I would be forever grateful!

I'm basically obsessed lol.

That's a great list! I forgot to mention my tattoos because I didn't think of that as part of a/my "collection". I've thought of getting that exact quotation, as well, and may do so in the future.

So far, I have "One foot in front of the other" on my left forearm and "Take the world and make it yours again" on my right forearm.

You guys are amazing!  Your collections totally beat mine.

I have purchased pretty much all of his albums at least once, so I won't mention any of the ones that are still readily available.

All I have is:

-a copy of Loser Anthems, without the cover, unsigned

-a copy of "At Last there is Nothing Left to Say"

-a signed copy of Beautiful Midnight

-MGB Football Club 1971 patch

-Set of 3 postcards from Hospital Music days

-Vancouver skyline T-shirt

-LOES T-shirt

-a signed copy of the vinyl size album cover from the LOES tour (got it as a bonus when I bought the VIP tickets)

-one of Matt's guitar picks, thrown from the stage during the LOES show

-the yet to be signed piece de resistance in my collection, though, is a copy of the blog post that Matt made about meeting me and my (then) husband, who went to the LOES show on our wedding day...yes, I too, am obsessed!

I love the idea of a tattoo, and am planning on working a quote into a leg sleeve, which should be done in the next year or two.  The one I want, is "It's the future that's whoring the better happier you"(Giant), as a reminder to me to stay mindful, and in the moment (I do tend to overplan to a ridiculous degree)...the only concern I have is...do I really want the word "whoring" on my body forever?  Thoughts?

-the yet to be signed piece de resistance in my collection, though, is a copy of the blog post that Matt made about meeting me and my (then) husband, who went to the LOES show on our wedding day...yes, I too, am obsessed!

I love the idea of a tattoo, and am planning on working a quote into a leg sleeve, which should be done in the next year or two.  The one I want, is "It's the future that's whoring the better happier you"(Giant), as a reminder to me to stay mindful, and in the moment (I do tend to overplan to a ridiculous degree)...the only concern I have is...do I really want the word "whoring" on my body forever?  Thoughts?

That wedding blog post sounds familiar to me. I may have read it. Care to you share a bit of the blog post? I remember another time when a guy proposed to his girlfriend on stage at a Matthew Good concert. Anything can happen at a Matt Good concert.

That's a tough one. I don't know about word "whoring". If I had that on my body I would likely regret it in the future, unless the writing was very small.

That wedding blog post sounds familiar to me. I may have read it. Care to you share a bit of the blog post? I remember another time when a guy proposed to his girlfriend on stage at a Matthew Good concert. Anything can happen at a Matt Good concert.

That's a tough one. I don't know about word "whoring". If I had that on my body I would likely regret it in the future, unless the writing was very small.

The Blog reads as follows:

-Date-

Matthew Good

Last night something very special happened after the show in Ottawa during the meet and greet.  A couple were in attendance that I noticed were very well dressed, as if they had come straight from a social function.  As it turned out, they had come from their wedding.

Mutual fans, they chose to spend their wedding night at one of my shows.

To say that I am deeply honoured would be an understatement.

I wish nothing but the utmost happiness and future prosperity to both Mr. and Mrs.  (our names)

-end-

My ex and I are on mostly good terms:  we split very amicably & there are no poisonous memories attached to any part of our relationship so this still holds lots of good memories for me, despite the fact that we're no longer together.  We did have a GREAT time at that show!! 

I'm hoping that I can get the blog signed at some point in the future...and if I ever get married again I would absolutely consider hitting another of Matt's concerts, if my future husband agreed.  Let's be honest here:  there is no way a non-fan could live with me, considering the amount of Matt Good I listen to, lol!

Also, thanks for the feedback about the tattoo.  I'm wondering if I could just have that word hidden behind something else in the composition, so that I could be reminded of this quote, which so often comes to my mind when I am too future focused, without having the word "whoring" indelibly inked on my person.

I ordered this black mug a few days ago, and it's coming in the mail. I know it's not official Matthew Good merchandise, but I just had to have it.

I thought I was the only one who felt this way.

Anyways, it's a collector's item. I saw the website mentioned on Matthew Good's facebook page, in the comments section.

http://teechip.com/MatthewGood-gnbynq#id=4&c=161616&sid=gildan-50-50-hoodie&s=front

beverage-mug-003300.jpg

FYI-It looks like this will only be available for order until January 31st. 

I just got one in blue!

Mira, I personally would not get a tattoo that says whoring but that doesn't mean you shouldn't.

I intend to get one but need someone to work up the art for me, based on one of the short stories called The Purple Switch. Maybe if I can ever narrow down my most favorite lyric I would consider that as well.

Let's see.

I have all the album CDs, several of them signed. I have the Vancouver Seeds CD with Euphony on it.

Orange and Blue Loser Anthems and Lo-Fi B-Sides

Euphony demo tape

A random mini cd preview of BM, the Canadian and american releases of BM as well as a promo copy

AOB with A Pleasurable Headache lyric booklet

Vinyl - Avalanche, Vancouver, LOES, Arrows, CN and all the new releases with the exception of LOTGA which I intend to order.

1st and 2nd editions of At Last There is Nothing to Say, one signed

Lithograph of the Avalanche CD cover, signed

Hospital Music postcards

Black power lines hoodie from Vancouver tour, Aqua hoodie from Arrows tour, black arrows tee, white license plate tee and one very old MGB tshirt that will never fit me again.

A plethora of ticket stubs, and one very pretty booklet from the Jackson Triggs winery show.

I would like to one day find a nice Avalanche poster but haven't had any luck.

Edited by mackie1023

Mira, I personally would not get a tattoo that says whoring but that doesn't mean you shouldn't.

I intend to get one but need someone to work up the art for me, based on one of the short stories called The Purple Switch. Maybe if I can ever narrow down my most favorite lyric I would consider that as well.

Let's see.

I have all the album CDs, several of them signed. I have the Vancouver Seeds CD with Euphony on it.

Orange and Blue Loser Anthems and Lo-Fi B-Sides

Euphony demo tape

A random mini cd preview of BM, the Canadian and american releases of BM as well as a promo copy

AOB with A Pleasurable Headache lyric booklet

Vinyl - Avalanche, Vancouver, LOES, Arrows, CN and all the new releases with the exception of LOTGA which I intend to order.

1st and 2nd editions of At Last There is Nothing to Say, one signed

Lithograph of the Avalanche CD cover, signed

Hospital Music postcards

Black power lines hoodie from Vancouver tour, Aqua hoodie from Arrows tour, black arrows tee, white license plate tee and one very old MGB tshirt that will never fit me again.

A plethora of ticket stubs, and one very pretty booklet from the Jackson Triggs winery show.

I would like to one day find a nice Avalanche poster but haven't had any luck.

Whoa! How did you find the Euphony tape?!?!

Your collection is quite lovely! :)

Here's my tattoo:

http://s21.postimg.org/wf1damyp3/IMG_1281.jpg

As for getting the word 'whoring' on your body, I think it's the context of the world. It's not like you're randomly putting YOLO or something.

the word is part of a piece of literary art and fits. That said, 75 year old you might be like "why didnt I pick another lyric to use instead"

Edited by NationofCool

Congrats on kicking smoking!  I always just assume the artists have every release ever...like Jimmy Page's basement is full of posters, LP's, vaults of unheard live recordings and cardboard stand ups of Robert Plant with a squeezable lemon. but obviously that isn't the reality haha, That's actually pretty funny you having you buy your own tunes off Itunes to have a listen.  Well at least between a few of the members here they have close to everything that's ever been released and most are willing to help out with questions.     

Edited by adam_777

Guest Idioteque

Congrats Matt. 

You should have a spare USB with all your music on it somewhere in your house, just in case.
I'm sure someone with your discography can help you out with this.

That mug rules.

I don't own ANYTHING and I'm the freaking artist!!! I actually have to get things off iTunes to learn them again or check keys. It's that pathetic. Also. I quit smoking.

Ah awesome! I quit just before Christmas too. Every now and again a certain task will remind me of smoking, but it's been good. No smoking since.

I bet if you did keep some of your merch around, you could make a pretty penny just suddenly whipping it out and sticking up for auction. Like surprise! Here's some stuff from the Avalanche tour! $$$.

Edited by emmit643

That mug rules.

I don't own ANYTHING and I'm the freaking artist!!! I actually have to get things off iTunes to learn them again or check keys. It's that pathetic. Also. I quit smoking.

You quit smoking? That's wonderful. That's the best news I've heard in a long time!

FYI-It looks like this will only be available for order until January 31st. 

I just got one in blue!

Uh oh. I guess I should have made it more clear. Teechip is a scam company. I think an asian guy in his 20's founded the Teechip company. Some people on the Bored informed me about it after I had bought the mug. I didn't do my research before purchasing it. I would never buy from them again. Check out all of the complaints: http://teechip.pissedconsumer.com/

They steal work from artists and sell the artists' creations without their permission. I ordered a black mug but received a mug that is a cross between maroon and brown. They claim they use DHL as the shipping company, but I don't buy it. It all looks fake to me. I don't think DHL takes 6 weeks to ship from the US.  I hope you receive your mug okay and it arrives in one piece. Let me know how it goes. Expect delays though.

-Date-

Matthew Good

Last night something very special happened after the show in Ottawa during the meet and greet.  A couple were in attendance that I noticed were very well dressed, as if they had come straight from a social function.  As it turned out, they had come from their wedding.

I wish nothing but the utmost happiness and future prosperity to both Mr. and Mrs.  (our names)

-end-

My ex and I are on mostly good terms:  we split very amicably & there are no poisonous memories attached to any part of our relationship so this still holds lots of good memories for me, despite the fact that we're no longer together.  We did have a GREAT time at that show!! 

Beautiful story and blog post. I remember seeing that now. That's a great memory.

Edited by girl

You quit smoking? That's wonderful. That's the best news I've heard in a long time!

Uh oh. I guess I should have made it more clear. Teechip is a scam company. I think an asian guy in his 20's founded the Teechip company. Some people on the Bored informed me about it after I had bought the mug. I didn't do my research before purchasing it. I would never buy from them again. Check out all of the complaints: http://teechip.pissedconsumer.com/

They steal work from artists and sell the artists' creations without their permission. I ordered a black mug but received a mug that is a cross between maroon and brown. They claim they use DHL as the shipping company, but I don't buy it. It all looks fake to me. I don't think DHL takes 6 weeks to ship from the US.  I hope you receive your mug okay and it arrives in one piece. Let me know how it goes. Expect delays though.

Beautiful story and blog post. I remember seeing that now. That's a great memory.

LOL!  I saw your post about teechip on another thread, just a few minutes ago.  I will hope against hope that my mug arrives, eternal optimist that I am!  I'll keep you posted.  This is 100% my fault for not checking further into the website.  The tagline is so fun, I couldn't resist!

-Date-

Matthew Good

-end-

I remember that blog post too.  That's very cool.

Matt, we need to start a collective for you, to get you a copy of everything you've done.  You should put that shit in a display case or something!!