Guest Idioteque

Share Your Matthew Good Collection!

I wear my various Matt Good tees at Bridgehead all the time. Couple customers have commented on them in the past, but now our new aprons cover our shirts. I got to play chaotic neutral at work a couple times and one customer was like "hey! Is that the new Matt Good?" when I served him coffee.

At an open mic I played, I did my crowd pleasing "medley" which consists of 7 minutes of various popular radio and hip hop tunes etc over the same 4 chords. Gets eaten up everytime. People always come up to me after to comment on it and what not, but last time I played it afterwards a guy came up to me and was like "hey, that medley was great- however- I never thought I would get to hear Suburbia at an open mic. That's my favourite Matthew Good song. Thanks for playing that." Blew me away. Never thought Suburbia, my favourite MG tune would outshine the people pleasing medley. That made me so happy.

Those are moments to treasure, for sure!  Thanks for sharing :)

Guest girl

2-the road races I have run have featured happy, smiley people on the sidelines:  I've never heard a negative comment.  I can do a test for you, though.  I'll wear the hat when I run my 10k in May, and get back to you with the results. 

3-I think that it's awesome that you're considering wearing the cap in your marathon this summer!  While I can't guarantee that you'll get nothing but positive commentary, I hope that this will be your experience. 

I am so happy that I took the plunge:  you'll be in my thoughts as you test out your new cap!

I will make sure to let you know how the run goes, in particular, the response I get to "the hat"!

Well, I took the plunge and tested out my new cap at a marathon. No one commented on the cap, but I received nothing but positive and commentary from happy, smiley people on the sidelines. I almost quit at the 31KM mark but a runner behind me had encouraging words and told me not to quit; so, I dug deep and finished it. He was dressed up as Superman.

Me and my MG cap at the finish line:

13319920_10154084604967254_4777066208376

Nice!  Have fun in Montreal and Chicago. That sounds like fun.

I am going on an boat tour to see turtles, whales, and/or dolphins. I made sure it was a eco tour where no one swims with dolphins; they will be viewable from a distance from the boat only. I always wanted to see them in their natural habitat. I might plan on doing some hiking in a bamboo forest as well. 

Where in Hawaii are you going? I've been several times and have some great recommendations on places to check out if you're interested

Waikiki. I would love that.

I went to Diamond Head, Hanauma Bay, The USS Arizona Memorial, went to a luau, and did a circle tour on the Big Island. Do you have other great recommendations around Waikiki or elsewhere?

Oh my goodness, that sounds like such a dream vacation. Seeing turtles, whales and/or dolphins and hiking in a bamboo forest.. it's like something out of heaven. Please take lots of photos and share some if you are so inclined!!! Also add me on Facebook if you want so we can keep in touch - that goes for anyone who uses Facebook more than here as I intend to post here more but don't have very much time. Adam, how do you like Hawaii? What's your favourite place there? is it too hot for someone heat intolerant? it is a dream destination for me as is probably obvious. I hope you have such an AMAZING time, girl.

You too! I will try to add you. Take lots of pictures on yours too. I've never been to Montreal or Chicago before. Montreal looks like a nice place.

Edited by girl

I usually hit up Maui, but on Oahu definitely check out nobu (sushi) if you have the budget, and if you ever want to try skydiving, Hawaii is the place to do it. I don't like heights, but it is a view beyond any (including helicopter rides), zero obstruction 360 degree view over the ocean, and in whale season you can see them from above

I love Maui because it is such a relaxed environment, tons of snorkelling, swimming, hiking, etc. It's a great balance between the fast pace of Oahu and the natural beauty of the big island

Edited by finboy

Guest Idioteque

Hope you got the records off ebay cheap. I saw some pretty gross prices on a few Avalanches last time I checked.

I think either the person selling it didn't know what it was really worth or devalued it since there was a sticker on it that had torn some of the cover off. Not a lot though, and definitely not enough for me to turn it down!

All his full lengths (plus In A Coma, Live at MH). I loved finding a copy of Loser Anthems in a record store in Buffalo the week it came out. I sometimes wonder how many on this site have a copy; I'd imagine a bunch.

My favorites are probably the signed copies of both AoD and CN.

My favorite overall has to be when I met him in Buffalo in 2006 at his acoustic show. I had no idea I'd actually meet him and came with nothing, sadly... so I had him sign the back of my paycheck stub from work that week. I still have that pay stub and need to frame it.

All his full lengths (plus In A Coma, Live at MH). I loved finding a copy of Loser Anthems in a record store in Buffalo the week it came out. I sometimes wonder how many on this site have a copy; I'd imagine a bunch.

My favorites are probably the signed copies of both AoD and CN.

My favorite overall has to be when I met him in Buffalo in 2006 at his acoustic show. I had no idea I'd actually meet him and came with nothing, sadly... so I had him sign the back of my paycheck stub from work that week. I still have that pay stub and need to frame it.

Cool, this was at Club Infinity in Buffalo right?  You catch him outside? 

Guest Idioteque

Isn't she beautiful? I imagine "the free day of recording" would be from when Matt won 99.3 The Fox's seed competition in 1994. 

18446670_10154465990862478_1984229727042

18424018_10154465991042478_2752167456701

Guest Idioteque

My friend actually found it for me in a thrift store out in Vancouver few weeks back, cost him 50 cents haha. 

Now that's a find.  Wow.

It'd be a challenge to find something to play it on, if you were to.  I'd be pretty nervous to do it though, since I remember many cassettes being pulled out and ruined back in the day.