Guest Idioteque

Share Your Matthew Good Collection!

Isn't she beautiful? I imagine "the free day of recording" would be from when Matt won 99.3 The Fox's seed competition in 1994. 

18446670_10154465990862478_198422972704218424018_10154465991042478_2752167456701

Wow - well done. That's even rarer than the "illegal" version I bought off of Steve Codling on eBay many years ago.....

Pretty basic here: all CD releases (except Lo-Fi B-Sides of course), including two copies of Loser Anthems (one signed), plus Indestructible, Load Me Up and IAWCC singles.  Two copies of ALTINLTL, one signed, and i think 5 setlists, 3 signed by MG and various other members of the 2002-2005 band.  Also many tour shirts worn to faded.

I've been collecting causally but for a long time - probably since Audio of Being came out. I have all major CD releases and/including:

Both label releases of LOTGA

the 3 variants of Beautiful Midnight and Audio of Being

Limited Edition AOB w/ booklet

US Beautiful Midnight

blue and orange Loser Anthems

lo-fi b-sides

A number promo versions of BM (Canadian, US, Australian, European)

Promo Avalanche

Promo WLRRR

For singles:

Rico

Apparitions

Indestructible (2)

Hello Time Bomb (2)

Hello Time Bomb (Aus)

Hello Time Bomb (US)

Strange Days (US)

Load Me Up (both versions)

Anti-Pop

IAWCC

Oh Be Joyful

All vinyl releases (2 of Avalanche)

Avalanche cassette

ALTINLTS

Black Market Surgery (US)

Night Opus

Some stickers, pins, picks, posters, t-shirts, jackets, etc - some from mgb days and some from after Matt went solo

i'm very confused as how I don't have a copy of The Night Opus, unless I had it and it got lost in my move way back in the day :(

Matthew Good Band - Last Of The Ghetto Astronauts (Original cover, Current Cover Indie Release, Regular Cover)

Matthew Good Band - Raygun EP (Cardboard sleeve, Indie release, normal release)
 Matthew Good Band - Underdogs
 Matthew Good Band - Lo-Fi B-Sides
 Matthew Good Band - Beautiful Midnight (Canadian x3, American Version, German Version)
 Matthew Good Band - Loser Anthems B-Sides & Rarities (x2 (#00666,#08874)
 Matthew Good Band - The Audio Of Being (2 black dlx, 1 grey dlx, 1 white dlx)
 Matthew Good - Avalanche (Transparency first run, Red/Orange cover, Australian)
 Matthew Good - White Light Rock & Roll Review (digi case, jewel case)
 Matthew Good - In A Coma (Deluxe and Standard)
 Matthew Good - Vancouver
 Matthew Good - Live At Massey Hall
 Matthew Good - Hospital Music
 Matthew Good - Lights Of Endangered Species
 Matthew Good - Old Fighters
 Matthew Good - Arrows Of Desire
 Matthew Good - Chaotic Neutral
 Matthew Good - I Miss New Wave: Beautiful Midnight Revisited

Matthew Good Band - Last Of The Ghetto Astronauts Vinyl
 Matthew Good Band - Raygun EP Vinyl
 Matthew Good Band - Underdogs Vinyl
 Matthew Good Band - Beautiful Midnight Vinyl
 Matthew Good - Avalanche Vinyl
 Matthew Good - Vancouver Vinyl
 Matthew Good - Hospital Music Vinyl
 Matthew Good - Lights Of Endangered Species Vinyl
 Matthew Good - Arrows Of Desire (White Vinyl)
 Matthew Good - Arrows Of Desire (Black Vinyl)
 Matthew Good - Chaotic Neutral Vinyl
 Matthew Good - I Miss New Wave: Beautiful Midnight Revisited Vinyl

Matthew Good Band - Indestructible
 Matthew Good Band - Apparitions
 Matthew Good Band - Rico
 Matthew Good Band - Hello Time Bomb (Canadian Version, German Version, American Version, Australia EP Version)
 Matthew Good Band - Load Me Up (Canadian Version, German Version)
 Matthew Good Band - Strange Days (Canadian Version, American Version)
 Matthew Good Band - The Future Is X-Rated
 Matthew Good Band - Carmelina
 Matthew Good - Weapon
 Matthew Good - In A World Called Catastrophe (w/ Music Video, 2 Track, 3 Track)
 Matthew Good - Near Fantastica
 Matthew Good - In Love With A Bad Idea

Matthew Good - Avalanche Cassette

Matthew Good Band - Underdogs (Advance)
 Matthew Good Band - Beautiful Midnight (Promo)
 Matthew Good Band - Beautiful Midnight (American Version Promo) (Clean)
 Matthew Good Band - Beautiful Midnight (American Version Promo)
 Matthew Good Band - Beautiful Midnight (German Promo Version) (3")
 Matthew Good Band - Loser Anthems B-Sides & Rarities (Blue Promo)
 Matthew Good Band - The Audio Of Being (A Preview)

Black Market Surgery
At Last There Is Nothing Left To Say (1 autographed, 1 not)
Trust Us mint
Trust Us Sticker
-mgb- patch
stickers (-mgb-, i hear matt good's...)
i hear matt good's still... patch
mg pin
mg toque
concert posters
MGB FC patches (a few different kinds)
Bunch of shirts

and more things i forget off the top off my head?

i had lots of magazines with mgb/mg but they pretty much all got destroyed when i moved out of a place and was coming back to get the last of my stuff which was magazines (they were delayed in me taking because i broke my had moving). The remaining roomates decided to go through and take whatever of the magazines they wanted, and use the others for the fire pit

Edited by PlasticSoldier

Yeah, I have CD copies of all MGB/MG studio albums, plus the standard In a Coma. I also have a bunch of singles/b-sides purchased from hmvdigital and iTunes. Oh, and the second disc of In a Coma, Raygun and Beautiful Midnight Revisited I bought from iTunes as well. About 150 separate songs in total.

Anybody remember the song All Together?

Yeah, I have CD copies of all MGB/MG studio albums, plus the standard In a Coma. I also have a bunch of singles/b-sides purchased from hmvdigital and iTunes. Oh, and the second disc of In a Coma, Raygun and Beautiful Midnight Revisited I bought from iTunes as well. About 150 separate songs in total.

Anybody remember the song All Together?

Great tune, very haunting. Have an MP3 of it on an old hard drive somewhere....

For those who never heard the final mix of "All Together" (which showed up as a pre-order bonus on the iTunes version of In a Coma), it did eventually show up on 7Digital.  It's different from the leaked version we've had.

https://ca.7digital.com/artist/matthew-good/release/all-together-1820484

I remember this song.  It's really great.  Thanks for posting.

Does anyone know what a "Key Synch Track" is?

What was the original cover art for LOTGA?

I've seen the cover with the astronauts and the blue MGB labelling (independent release) as well as the one with red Matthew Good Band labelling we all know. I had no idea there was a third.

Which picture are you talking about?

Which picture are you talking about?

I've seen the normal picture with the three astronauts walking down the steps. I thought the difference between the independent release and the major label release was just the text identifying the band name/title. Same art is on both.

Another poster mentioned having a CD with the "original cover", in addition to the two other releases of LOTGA. I'm not sure what the "original" looks like.

Edited by its alright
  • Upvote 1

All Together is awesome and the In A Coma mix is fantastic.

There is definitely three versions of LOTGA I believe the first was on EMI and has the white script writing. These ones are hard to find and I believe it was probably an initial run (500? 1000 cds?) Then the Normal cover with Red lettering was also released on EMI. The third version was the Darktown re release in 1997 after the band signed with Universal.

There are two obvious ways to tell the two versions with red letter covers apart both are on back of case. The EMI and Darktown are both labelled as such also the barcodes are in different locations

Also the original white script cover actually has slightly different artwork. It's the same image but zoomed out slightly and panned slightly right. because of this the astronauts legs are more visible and a forth astronaut is in frame partially on the right.

Edited by adam_777

One this cover
lotgaindie.png
Two this cover:
lotgaemi.png
One (EMI/Independent) has same back layout as the original cover, other (Darktown) has a slightly altered back cover. The copyright/barcode placement is easiest to see as Adam said

You can see them here:
http://mattgood.plastic-soldier.com/artwork/lastoftheghettoastronautsoriginal.php
http://mattgood.plastic-soldier.com/artwork/lastoftheghettoastronauts.php
http://mattgood.plastic-soldier.com/artwork/lastoftheghettoastronautsemi.php

• Upvote 1

21761735_10155472093397254_7814841066701

I just noticed that the price jumped up $55 in one year. I don't get why they would inflate the price.
drum head autographed by the band for $25 (chaotic neutral 2015/2016)
drum head autographed by the band for $80 (beautiful midnight revisited 2017)

If there is an upcoming tour, I hope there is a Fan Experience VIP ticket package with a poster and meet and greet with Matt. The last time was November 2013 during the Arrows of Desire tour.

Edited by girl

This is super cool stuff.

When the Audio of Being came out I went down to A&B Sound in Vancouver where the band was doing a signing.  I got MG to record my cell phone voicemail greeting.  He said something like, "Leave a message for Pat, if this is Pat's Mom? Leave a Fucking Message Pat's Mom."

My mom was unimpressed. 

This came in the mail today. It's still sealed so I think I may leave it unopen, though I'd like to see the art and what the discs look like. It's the UK version, and has a 2nd disc of acoustic stuff. It looks like the rooms CD plus the acoustic tracks from live at Massey hall. Pretty cool.

post-965-0-69024700-1510778205_thumb.jpg

This came in the mail today. It's still sealed so I think I may leave it unopen, though I'd like to see the art and what the discs look like. It's the UK version, and has a 2nd disc of acoustic stuff. It looks like the rooms CD plus the acoustic tracks from live at Massey hall. Pretty cool.

i have one on the way too that i'll scan and put on Disorientation if you want to wait and leave yours sealed haha

I think adam_777 has it too

I think I may let you do that! Thanks Chad!

Oh, and if you want to take down any of the wallpapers on your site by Jesse Parkinson, that would be ok too

i have one on the way too that i'll scan and put on Disorientation if you want to wait and leave yours sealed haha

I think adam_777 has it too

Yup I have this one, kinda a cool thing that most didn't even realize was released, there are so many oddity MG releases out there. I mean even something like the In A World Called Catastrophe single, there is what four different versions of that? 

I thought there were only two! Lol

A commercial release and a promo, no?

Nope, there are several different versions including an Australian one.  Some come with just two tracks, some came with the video, some came with four tracks.  It's a real mash up.  But from what I can tell four separate versions exist.  I own three of them. 

I also have three of them, just missing the Australian release with 4 tracks. (unless there are more secret ones out there).

I also have an Australian Beautiful Midnight on the way. Not that it is really different from the Canadian besides the copyright info. But hey I'm crazy like that and need it all.

If you actually do want me to take the wallpapers down Jesse, I can of course do that

Lol let's leave them up actually. My wife likes to bring it up sometimes to poke fun at my amazing MS paint skills from the days back when I was trying to court her.