Guest Idioteque

Share Your Matthew Good Collection!

I've added a few things to my collection now

Australian Beautiful Midnight

UK Arrows of Desire (Jesse - artwork here: http://mattgood.plastic-soldier.com/arrowsofdesireuk.php )

Alert Status Red single

Very nice. Btw, your site is great. Love the old interviews and tour itineraries. Old pics too are super cool. Glad you are maintaining it, thanks.

Guest Idioteque

I bought this awhile ago thinking it would be something worth sharing. Just from looking at the limited information I could find online, figured it would be tracks from his MGB performances in Germany already on youtube.

Got it in the mail today and unfortunately it's a mini disc with 30 second snippets of studio tracks. Bummer but oh well, paid $10 for it.

https://www.discogs.com/Jimmies-Chicken-Shack-Matthew-Good-Band-I-Mother-Earth-Tour-Des-Monats/release/2767510

Whew was starting to worry about these maybe not seeing the light of day. Absolutely stoaked to have Audio of Being coming that just fantastic. I have an original avalanche but very cool to see that coming out as well and will pick up a copy. Much respect to Matt for differing this so as to keep the uniqueness to the originals! Absolutely thrilled with Loser and loser anthems cause I really wasnt sure if they get a green light. Awesome!

Curious about no White Light though? It now is the only MG album to not receive a vinyl release. Perhaps a third run is planned including Vancouver lights and arrows

Edited by adam_777

Ha Chad, we think alike! I was already thinking will it be one cover on front one on back? something new entirely?

Hmm didn't think about artwork being a hold up, but it's possible.  It would be a real shame if all his albums ended up released save for White Light, but I'm guessing a third round is planned.  When Matt announced doing this he said he wanted his whole catalog available on vinyl.  Well even though some of his newer items got released, they really aren't "available" to most anymore.  Also with Matt being so vocally in love with Lights of Endangered Species, I'd be surprised if it wasn't reissued.  

Ya Audio on vinyl would look awesome I've envisioned that cover on a vinyl album many times and I think it'll look just fantastic.  Would Audio of Being be a triple album? Isn't Avalanche longer and it fit on two? Actually looking at track times, Audio of Being would fit nicely on a double LP, 3 songs per side over four sides fits basically perfect, around 17 mins per side which is pretty standard.  

Guest Idioteque

I never noticed the alternate tracklist on the vinyl vs CD until someone brought it up on Matt's IG.

CD:

1.Pledge of Allegiance

2.Lullaby for the New World Order

3.Weapon

4.In a World Called Catastrophe

5.Avalanche

6.21st Century Living

7.While We Were Hunting Rabbits

8.Bright End of Nowhere

9.Near Fantastica

10.Song for the Girl

11.Double Life

12.A Long Way Down

13.House of Smoke & Mirrors

Vinyl:

A1.Pledge Of Allegiance

A2.Lullaby For The New World Order

A3.Weapon

A4.Song For The Girl

B1.In A World Called Catastrophe

B2.Avalanche

B3.21st Century Living

C1.Near Fantastica

C2.Bright End Of Nowhere

C3.Double Life

D1.While We Were Hunting Rabbits

D2.A Long Way Down

D3.House Of Smoke And Mirrors

Ya Audio on vinyl would look awesome I've envisioned that cover on a vinyl album many times and I think it'll look just fantastic.  Would Audio of Being be a triple album? Isn't Avalanche longer and it fit on two? Actually looking at track times, Audio of Being would fit nicely on a double LP, 3 songs per side over four sides fits basically perfect, around 17 mins per side which is pretty standard.  

Avalanche is six minutes longer and it fit on two. Should be able to fit on a double; that said, if I am not mistaken, it will depend on the fidelity/compression of the mixdown. As we all know, not all vinyl is created equal.

Edited by andydanger85

Avalanche is six minutes longer and it fit on two. Should be able to fit on a double; that said, if I am not mistaken, it will depend on the fidelity/compression of the mixdown. As we all know, not all vinyl is created equal.

True, but have you ever seen a 62 minute record spread over three vinyls? I think even extreme audiophiles would consider that a little unnecessary.  That's ten minutes a side.  Basically half of the industry standard.  At 16 minutes or so per side I really think that should have no compression issues due to the format.  I think it would really hurt sales of it if it were put on 3 vinyls.  The doubles were selling for $40, so a 3 record Audio selling for $60ish? I just can't see that getting too many purchases outside of the few diehards who hang around here.  

True, but have you ever seen a 62 minute record spread over three vinyls? I think even extreme audiophiles would consider that a little unnecessary.  That's ten minutes a side.  Basically half of the industry standard.  At 16 minutes or so per side I really think that should have no compression issues due to the format.  I think it would really hurt sales of it if it were put on 3 vinyls.  The doubles were selling for $40, so a 3 record Audio selling for $60ish? I just can't see that getting too many purchases outside of the few diehards who hang around here.  

Oh, yeah, no argument here. I was just mentioning that there is some variation.

I have some Explosions in the Sky records that are only about 40ish minutes that are double albums, spread across three sides (with one blank/embossed side), but then there's also The King of Limbs by Radiohead, which is a single, double sided release and clocks in at around the same time. And then there's the digital transfers ... which sound like low-volume MP3's being played on an Ancient Egyptian pottery kiln.