Guest Idioteque

True Detective, Casting Opinions.

Guest Idioteque

So every season will have different leads, and different stories which I find genius because it makes it feel more like a long movie & less chance of it becoming repetitive if they make 6 seasons with the same guys. But so far it is:

Season 1:

Matthew McConaughey

Woody Harrelson

Confirmed for Season 2:

Colin Farrell

Vince Vaughn

Personally I think Vince Vaughn can play a decent cop (Watch "The Cell"). I was a bit skeptical because he's mostly a goof ball.

But if anyone has any good ideas for future actors to be in a season I'd love to hear it.

I'd die for Ben Foster & Emile Hirsch to team up. They're not exactly A list celebrities but their chemistry together would ooze off the screen.

Edited by Idioteque

Really Colin Farrell and Vince Vaughn??? Man that first season was amazing, some of the best TV of all time in my opinion. I don't see how the second can live up to the first but I absolutely fucking love the idea of having a new story with a new cast for each season. There's a lot of TV out there that just doesn't make sense to go on for 5 or 6 or 7+ seasons.

Guest Idioteque

First reply!

(Brushes food crumbs off shirt and adjusts tie)

To update everything, ends up Colin & Vince may not be partners after all!

Playing the three cops will be notable names Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch, and (most likely) Rachel McAdams. Assuming the role of the embattled crime boss will be Vince Vaughn, taking a break from his recent comedy work.

HBO is now rounding out True Detective season two

Edited by Idioteque

Guest Idioteque

Haha I know right.

He did this really odd commercial (Which I'm sure you've all seen) for Call Of Duty:Advanced Warfare,

He's so monotone it hurts. :P

Guest Idioteque

Oh yeah if you can handle Breaking Bad then Sons of Anarchy should be okay. There MAY be a few scenes you will probably look away from, but very few. They're criminals so they are all pretty gun happy. But I will say that every killing/violent scene advances the plot, it's not like you will see a death that won't be justified or doesn't come back and bite someone in the ass.

But if you love dialogue and a plot that never gets boring this is the show for you. Breaking Bad can get really boring at times because the violence is usually spaced out far too long during seasons and filled with really unnecessary scenes that never get mentioned again. Not the case with SOA and again its not like a horror movie with blood and guts all over the place.

Give season 1 a try and see if you get hooked, because im sure you will.

It really is a show everyone should watch.

To add on, everyone is easy to hear and make out other than Chibs, he's scottish and mutters everything but he's played by Tommy Flanagan so it's worth not being too hung up about it. :P

Edited by Idioteque

Guest Idioteque

Has anyone started season 2 yet?

Personally I think it's an absolute clusterfuck that has no idea what it wants to be.

Thoughts?