Guest girl

Matthew Good To Receive The Bob Edwards Award In Calgary

I saw an article about Matthew Good in today's Calgary Herald.

On Thursday, November 5, Matthew Good and Ian Tyson are set to receive the Bob Edwards Award at a gala that is a literary event and fundraiser for the Calgary Public Library Foundation. The award celebrates "a provocative individual who is not afraid to speak his or her mind." Past recipients include Margaret Atwood, Mordecai Richler, David Suzuki, and W.O. Mitchell, among others. It must be a glitzy, black tie affair at the Fairmount Palliser, because tickets cost $375. That would be very interesting to see. Maybe there will be some coverage on the news.

http://www.bobedward...nts_News-detail

I was wondering why his twitter account said that he was in Calgary. Congratulations to him!

Cool. I just saw Matt's twitter. Mayor Naheed Nenshi was sitting right up front to see Matthew Good. That is so awesome. Two people I really admire in the same room.

A story and photos from the Bob Edwards Awards Gala were in yesterday's Calgary Herald entertainment section.

http://www.calgaryhe...3759/story.html

10403767.jpg?size=620x400s

From left, Calgary Public Library CEO William Ptacek, library foundation member Christine Gingerick, foundation president and CEO Paul McIntyre Royston and 2014 award recipient Matthew Good.

Photograph by: Bill Brooks

10403765.jpg?size=620x400s

Award-winning rock musician Matthew Good shared the Bob Edwards Award with Ian Tyson. Photograph by: Bill Brooks

Edited by girl