AnOceanPearl

Okay Anton, You Were Right

Run through the streets like rivers raging to seas of barren sand

And while every grain tears you apart stay done up the best you can

Speaking of lyrics, this is a great thread and I thought I may as well pop in here to see what people's thoughts are rather than starting a new one.

Misheard lyrics are fun. I always thought it was " a muted wail out in the streets" but I have been corrected by MG that "muted whale" is correct.

My question is, however, on a song from Hospital Music; The Boy Come Home. I thought it was "while evergreen tears you apart" but apparently it's something like "gtain"? That's what all the lyrics websites have as well as the archive is. I don't know what that is and hope someone can clarify.

Speaking of lyrics, this is a great thread and I thought I may as well pop in here to see what people's thoughts are rather than starting a new one.

Misheard lyrics are fun. I always thought it was " a muted wail out in the streets" but I have been corrected by MG that "muted whale" is correct.

My question is, however, on a song from Hospital Music; The Boy Come Home. I thought it was "while evergreen tears you apart" but apparently it's something like "gtain"? That's what all the lyrics websites have as well as the archive is. I don't know what that is and hope someone can clarify.

I started listening to Matt Good when I was about 8. For a long time I was confused why he would want a hot tub filled with marbles. (misheard from I Miss New Wave) #lolkids

Lol, that's funny mrtrufflepig.  That is one of my favourite lyrics of his though because even though I don't believe it's exactly what Matt meant and it's not completely true, there is a strong element of truth that can be taken from it.  Heaven is not just for people, but as for people in Heaven, it would be vacant if it came down to people themselves because no one is clean.   Apart from Jesus Christ giving His life and righteousness to those who will repent of their sins and trust in Him alone for salvation, Heaven is vacant of people.  Jesus/God ALONE is clean and only He can give His cleanness to people.  Something we all are SOOOOOO undeserving of.

Merry Christmas everybody!!!

Edited by Manchalivin

"Can't tackle can't shoot"

I know. It took me a very long time to figure it out too. Matt had a cool accent when he said it, so that made it even harder.

Edited by girl

taco bell shoes!

Ha ha ha I remember on the old Metro forum back in 2003 that was the rage.  People knew it wasn't what he was saying but they joked around about it.   I still do, when my brother is around and somehow Matt Good comes up in a conversation. "Hey did you hear MG's new album?  Hey remember Taco bell shoes?" lol

Edited by Sly Botts

"Can't tackle can't shoot"

I know. It took me a very long time to figure it out too. Matt had a cool accent when he said it, so that made it even harder.

I didn't think that it was actually Matt saying this line - I thought it was a clip taken from a movie??