juanpe

Acoustic Performance & Autograph Session

Besides that one 14-second clip, I haven't been able to find any video from the acoustic set at HMV. I'm really surprised at the lack of videos online, but maybe HMV was strict about no video or audio recording ahead of the performance. I would have loved to have seen the performances, especially for Kid Down the Well and Los Alamos.

Edited by jackwork

I have asr acoustic recorded. Sound isn't that great though, will try to upload later.

Awesome! I've always wondered how ASR would sound acoustic.

They actually didn't mention anything about no recording and no photos during the performance.  They did say no photos during the meet and greet, but it wasn't super strict and some people got photos anyway.  It was a super cramped space but I saw at least 10 people with their phones held up for most of the performance.  Maybe they just aren't sharing their video/photos. Like I said, the sound quality and such wouldn't be the best as for some inexplicable reason the store was still open during Matt's performance. He didn't seemed fussed by it, though, so I'm overreacting a bit, I guess.  Just found it odd.

Yeah the noise from the shoppers would be audible on any audio or video recording, but I would like to see the performances. I guess HMV didn't want to lose any revenue by closing it down for the performace and meet-and-greet.

Guest Idioteque

With the door alarm constantly going off & Matt's guitar having feedback problems during most of the songs, im betting an MP3 version of that performance wouldn't be too pleasant on the ears.

Wow, I was 10 when this website existed.

Ha, you just made me feel a little old. 

It's really cool though to see younger people getting into Matt's music. I'm sure you've probably said it before, but when did you start listening to mg, and which album did you come in on?

Guest Idioteque

Damn Jess now you made ME feel old.

Ha, you just made me feel a little old. 

It's really cool though to see younger people getting into Matt's music. I'm sure you've probably said it before, but when did you start listening to mg, and which album did you come in on?

I got into MG around Hospital Music, but growing up in Vancouver & listening to 99.3 all the time you basically know Matt's entire catalogue once you put a face to the music lol. 

Who cares about age when most of you got to see MGB live during the 90's, Can't put a price on that lol.

I only got to see them once, unfortunately, but at least I did get to see them. He loved using Giant as a opener then and still does today. It is a great song.

One of my favorite concert moments ever was seeing MGB play at the Calgary Stampede in 2000. They were playing the outdoor Coca-Cola stage, Running for Home was on the set, and it happened to be played as the sun was setting beautifully and with about 5000 people singing along. Absolutely amazing.

Guest Idioteque

I always make playlists of MGB songs in the order of any setlist I find online from 1995-2001 just to feel what you all felt seeing them live.  :( 

One of my favorite concert moments ever was seeing MGB play at the Calgary Stampede in 2000. They were playing the outdoor Coca-Cola stage, Running for Home was on the set, and it happened to be played as the sun was setting beautifully and with about 5000 people singing along. Absolutely amazing.

You're lucky. I wish I was there. I didn't know MGB back then.

Edited by girl

My first show was MGB at Bluesfest in Ottawa which was I think 2000. I was 9. (If I'm mistaken, because otherwise it would be 2001, and I was 10)

Been taken by him ever since.

Gonna say I have a better understanding for lyrics than I did then though, haha

Edited by emmit643

Still trying to arrange the giveaway but there's apparently a lot of requirements to run one, agh.

Fun fact: this site has been online almost 12 years now.

12 years already??? OMG! :)

I have been here for around 11 years already (since May 2004)... I feel old!!

We'll have to celebrate it somehow, won't we?

Edited by juanpe

Yeah I'd have no problem doing that if Juanpe wants it.

Juanpe, if you want a little care package tell me 2 of your favourite MG(B) albums so I can get those signed as well, no point in just mailing 1 CD. 

Tony,

Juanpe hasn't received this yet. What's the holdup? Are you waiting until you receive your own Chaotic Neutral CD in the mail from Maple Music first?

I thought it was a done deal after the HMV acoustic performance and autograph signing session.  :)

Guest Idioteque

Holidays/budget & having my fingers crossed MG might do a surprise show in Vancouver before the end of the year so I can actually get the other cds signed lol.

Matt wasn't doing any autographs during his VIP shows so I didn't think it would be cost-productive to just mail one CD, I wanted to make a mini care package.

I ended up falling inlove with the copy from the HMV signing because I got to meet Matt & he personally signed it. The Maple Music CD was intended for Juanpe but I didn't get that until a few weeks ago due to such a poorly run company.

I bought brand new cds of "The Audio of Being" and "White Light Rock & Roll Review" intended to get signed but no opportunity showed itself after the HMV signing which I already had about 10 items with me. I was going to just switch out the cover or White Light with the signed version you gave me (girl) but that seemed like a cheap move.

But yeah good intentions on my part just poor planning I guess. I'll message Juanpe, sorry Girl!