Crusader

Chaotic Neutral 2015/2016 Tour Dates

Pretty diverse crowd in here so far. Hopefully the family behind me wont be talking through the whole thing lol

E: more and more coming in now, looks like it'll be a full house

Helman seemed ok. I don't get the hate towards the dude.

I think he's a good vocalist, I just don't dig the music. I'm not gonna shit on him for it.

I am to the immediate left of the soundboard. I am happy with these seats. Whenever I've been up close I'm always on the bassist side and as a bass player I get distracted watching hands and not watching the show. Happy to avoid that.

Load Me Up
Army Of Lions
A Single Explosion (!!!!!!!!!!)
Born Losers
Moment
Advertising on Police Cars
Cold Water
Everything is Automatic
Harridan
All You Sons and Daughters
No Liars
Los Alamos
Apparitions
Weapon

Giant
Hello Time Bomb
Alert Status Red

Cloudbusting
Girls in Black

Edited by AnOceanPearl
  • Upvote 1

Guest Idioteque

Yeah you totally missed me getting to climb on stage haha.

Great show, I had such a great time bouncing vibes off Steve *stu* the whole concert. Hes one of my favorite guitarists which I think he noticed because I was watching him the whole night even when the attention was on Matt singing in the crowd "50 feet... 50 feet... 50 feet". Stu gave me a guitar pick & I was able to get his setlist! Woo.

Met a great guy named Chris after the show (give yourself a shoutout when you read this) and we got pretty drunk. It's 2:17am and I'm just finally pulling into Surrey.

Semi-weak crowd though, very loud & rowdy but didn't back it up. It's just unnatural to sit during Load Me Up & I stayed standing the whole show! No matter how badly the girl behind me complained "I didn't pay $65 to stand!!!" Fml.

Not sure what that fight was about during Alert Status Red, I saw a bit of a scuffle but Matt controlled that lIke a professional.

I did see the opening act & not my cup of tea but definitely not worth bashing, he is what he is. On that note his drummer and guitarist was probably the most entertaining thing about the set, they would be amazing off on their own as a 2 piece instrumental act.

Wow...19 songs??!?! Which means Girls in Black was an add-on because it's not on the setlist that Matt posted on Instagram. Single Explosion is so awesome live, what a great surprise that is for you guys!! Getting more and more stoked for Calgary. Here's my problem though - I keep waking up in the middle of the night wanting to check The Bored to see the set lists and reviews of the shows....this is seriously inhibiting my sleeping pattern....

Guest Idioteque

I know Marcella but the reminder makes me feel warm in my tummy. :)

About to upload a few photos in a minute, I'll show you the setlist with Girl on it.

I've never seen a grown man get so excited over matches haha.

He was probably thinking of all the things he can set on fire.

Alrighty I have no idea how to upload photos with the phone. So here's links of some photos I threw up on my instagram until im on my laptop tomorrow.

Stu's setlist showing which guitars he needs for each song (pretty cool imo).

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t51.2885-15/s640x640/sh0.08/e35/12269971_929546700452752_540888411_n.jpg

I will make a foot pedal thread tomorrow after Protest The Hero so it doesn't get lost in this thread & it can be archived. Here's a few from Friday to feed the hungry until I upload the better ones I snapped on stage.

Matt:

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xpt1/t51.2885-15/s640x640/sh0.08/e35/12106289_446921168842310_1864460217_n.jpg

Stu:

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xtp1/t51.2885-15/s640x640/sh0.08/e35/12081061_1515874638723427_1496778108_n.jpg

At Matt's request I also took a photo of Blake's cute little Boss Tuner in the corner so he didn't feel left out, you all have that to look forward to.

Edited by Idioteque

Matt mentioned that his lighter was broken and he needed the VIP rep's (and merch cashier/salesperson) business card because her business card has a matchbook with it. So I took the opportunity to give Matt the gift I had brought for him. A slaughterhouse five match box.

We had a little banter you would have enjoyed, Girl. when Matt said, "don't give the mic to Marcy, we'll be here all night." I said he was being really mean and he said I could complain to his Mum about him. She is a close friend of mine, so. I realised just how much Matt treats his fans like gold because he later reassured me not to take the ribbing personally, even though my feelings weren't really hurt - I was just playing along. It's not every artist who cares about their fans like that. I guess that's part of the reason he will always be my favourite musician.

I'm not sure what happened during alert status red but then I'll never understand why people get so drunk and obnoxious at shows. Even when I was an alcoholic I never did. Major props to Matt though for shutting it down and ensuring everyone's safety.

Great reviews. I enjoy reading everyones' reviews. You gave him a slaughterhouse five match box? haha. You're funny, Marcella. It sounds like you guys had a great time. I wish I saw that little banter. Yeah, it does seem Matt treats his fans like gold. I realize this more every year.

Um, Marcy? Come on, admit it. You and Matt are buds.   ;)

Nice pictures, Tony. Thanks.

Getting more and more stoked for Calgary. Here's my problem though - I keep waking up in the middle of the night wanting to check The Bored to see the set lists and reviews of the shows....this is seriously inhibiting my sleeping pattern....

Haha. Me too. I feel crappy this morning. It's time for coffee.

Edited by girl

I know Marcella but the reminder makes me feel warm in my tummy. :)

About to upload a few photos in a minute, I'll show you the setlist with Girl on it.

I've never seen a grown man get so excited over matches haha.

He was probably thinking of all the things he can set on fire.

Alrighty I have no idea how to upload photos with the phone. So here's links of some photos I threw up on my instagram until im on my laptop tomorrow.

Stu's setlist showing which guitars he needs for each song (pretty cool imo).https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t51.2885-15/s640x640/sh0.08/e35/12269971_929546700452752_540888411_n.jpg

I will make a foot pedal thread tomorrow after Protest The Hero so it doesn't get lost in this thread & it can be archived. Here's a few from Friday to feed the hungry until I upload the better ones I snapped on stage.

Matt:https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xpt1/t51.2885-15/s640x640/sh0.08/e35/12106289_446921168842310_1864460217_n.jpg

Stu:https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xtp1/t51.2885-15/s640x640/sh0.08/e35/12081061_1515874638723427_1496778108_n.jpg

At Matt's request I also took a photo of Blake's cute little Boss Tuner in the corner so he didn't feel left out, you all have that to look forward to.

That's awesome, thanks. Stus set list is definitely awesome. Sounds like it was a great time.

Did anyone get a picture of the French flag they did at the start of the show? That was a nice tribute.

Are you talking about this? I saw it on Instagram.

11371114_1494835627486941_299221869_n.jp

by laura_venn

I also saw these pictures on Instagram:

11253988_1689331587955302_392003335_n.jp

by ellenjswong

12256660_964162186956419_1517555702_n.jp

by fatandbrown

He is singing and running through the crowd and getting up close and personal with the fans. This is new.

I like it... I like it a lot.  :)

Does that mean we can finally cut the kid some slack now?

I saw him open for Matt last year at the Private Banter show. He's not bad. Not something I would ever go out of my way to listen to, but enjoyable for an opener. He got to soak in his little Massey Hall moment and went up to the front of the stage and performed unmic'd.

I think we've been pretty blessed with some of the supporting acts on Matt's tours. Dears, Mother Mother, Auf Der Maur, Limblifter? We're spoiled.

On another note, I've been paying close attention to the updates and comments here after every show. Pretty excited for the 3 night stand at Danforth. For the first time in a while he's playing GA gigs in Toronto, so it should be interesting to see what the atmosphere is like. Not sure I have it in me anymore to fight to the front for 3 nights straight, but we'll see.

I've seen a couple of the youtube uploads and they look great. Kicking off a show with Load Me Up? Pretty awesome idea. I've heard it too many times to count at this point, but if it gets the crowd in the mood, I'm all for it.

I see Matt's rocking a new strat and tele on this tour, too. And Bones really fills in quite well from what I can tell. Looks like a fun tour and fun shows.

I'm happy with the setlist being so CN heavy, but as the albums build up, the deep cuts and singles do get a little mundane. Though, with what seems like a different band in some capacity on every tour, that tends to keep things fresh and fun to see how everyone lends themselves to the songs.

Yeah in regards to Matt's band on this tour, it might be my favourite lineup he's had, although I do admittedly miss the keys, just because it adds a bit more flexibility and fills out the sound.  On a song like Police Cars.  The keys at the end of that song just add so much mood and feel to the outro.  With that being said Stu is a beast, he is absolutely killing it at being a lead guitar player and making up for the lack of keys on the tour.  Almost all the songs come off as high energy, even slower songs in large part because of the groove the band gets in.  

Matt's vocals also have been consistent and strong, I noticed Scott Helman was losing his voice for the last Van show, But prior to that he had sounded good he was coughing a bit so maybe a cold.  Hopefully Matt can stay healthy, on past tours he's frequently gotten colds as the tour winds on.  

The shows were probably the best shows of Matt's I've seen from top to bottom, hard to find anything at all to nit pick about, unless you for some reason hated Chaotic Neutral I can't see anyone on here not loving the shows on this tour.  

And since Matt reads the boards just a special thanks for working to get Police Cars in there for Vancouver, you mentioned not having much time to work on other material before hand, and obviously a song like Police Cars, just for it's length alone takes a little time to pick up, so I appreciate the effort, a definite highlight for me.  

Edited by adam_777

Does that mean we can finally cut the kid some slack now?

Yes. I apologize for past posts. I don't know anything about him, and I immediately thought 'Justin Bieber'. I'm sure he's excellent, or he wouldn't be on the same bill as Matthew Good.

Glad to see advertising on police cars back. It was played full band 10 yrs ago. I have a few audio bootlegs with it.  Was the encore song in Toronto 10-15-05,  as well as 10-14-05 at club infinity in buffalo/Williamsville NY.   It was also played as the encore in Edmonton on 10-29-05 .  One of my favorite songs of all time.  Maybe we can get Rat Who Would Be King next?!

Glad to see advertising on police cars back. It was played full band 10 yrs ago. I have a few audio bootlegs with it.  Was the encore song in Toronto 10-15-05,  as well as 10-14-05 at club infinity in buffalo/Williamsville NY.   It was also played as the encore in Edmonton on 10-29-05 .  One of my favorite songs of all time.  Maybe we can get Rat Who Would Be King next?!

This was during the In A Coma tour (where I heard Suburbia as well!). I got Rat and Advertising at the show I went to, which was swell.