Crusader

Chaotic Neutral 2015/2016 Tour Dates

Guest Idioteque

For the hardcore fans who have seen him since the MGB era or early solo years. Has Matt ever walked into the crowd to sing before? Personally I've never seen him do that but it's so cool!

I forgot to add about the VIP conversation is one of the best thing you'll experience imo is the banter between band members. It's like a Seinfeld episode up on that stage, I still Crack up thinking about it.

I've seen around 20 shows in various types of venues since 2000 and I have never seen him do that, so it was pretty cool. Kinda confusing on Friday when I was on the balcony and Girls in Black seemed like it was being sang by some disembodied voice from the ether. But still cool.

I have never seen Matt walk into the crowd to sing before. I am really looking forward to the VIP conversation. I wonder if Matt only answers questions, or if all band members are hanging out with him during question time.

Edited by girl

Guest Idioteque

I have never seen Matt walk into the crowd to sing before. I am really looking forward to the VIP conversation. I wonder if Matt only answers questions, or if all band members are hanging out with him during question time.

Yeah its just Matt for questions but the band members do talk to you & wave, saying hello. They pick on Stu alot I wish I made a huge sign for Night 2 saying #TeamStu haha.

That would have been funny. That reminds me of the Age Of Electric concert I went to. The lead singer Todd Kerns and Ryan Dahle would pick on the drummer Kurt Dahle a lot. It was hilarious. It was all in good fun though.

Edited by girl

Fantastic show at the Kelowna Community Theatre tonight.  Tight performance of a sweet setlist.  Order could be a touch off:

AYSD

Liars

Single Spark

Born Losers

Advertising

LMU

Moment

Cold Water

Alert Status

Boy Down

Lions

Los Alamos

Apparitions

Weapon

Cloudbusting

Time Bomb

Giant

• Upvote 1

Reading about everyone's experiences here is making me pretty excited for Friday's concert in Edmonton. For those who have attended the VIP soundcehck/q&a/acoustic, roughly how long was it? Just trying to see how much time I'll have to grab some food after haha.

can we maybe have a seperate thread for youtube vids from the tour?  that way we can keep them seperate.    
I have seen

Load me up

Weapon

Los Alamos

Army Of Lions

Advertising On Police Cars

Hoping to hear/see  more of the new album though. 

It was about 45 minutes. I'd say an hour at the most.

I have Cloudbusting on my phone and will upload it to YouTube very soon,hopefully tonite.

Awesome! I'm really curious as to how Cloudbusting sounds live. I'll get to see it performed with Holly (hopefully) at the Dec. 5 Toronto show.

What songs did Matt perform during the acoustic set?

Acoustic set songs were posted a page or two ago.  If I remember they were 

So Long Mrs. Smith
Generation X-Wing Partial
Los Alamos
Symbolistic White Walls
True Love Will Find you in the End 

Metal Airplanes
Strange Days
Prime Time Deliverance 
Sort of a Protest Song

I had just made the thread for live video's   and the acoustic sets sound great so far,  Glad to see everyone who has been to a show has enjoyed themselves thus far.  Praying Matt and the band all stay healthy and in great spirits.

It's kind of funny, as technology has improved, the amount of recordings has greatly diminished.  Like look at all the vids from say 2005-2009 online, Now at a show literally every second person is filming it with their phone and no videos exist.  In Nanaimo when Matt came into the crowd for "Girls in Black" I noticed at least four people right up close with Matt recording, and another half dozen or so further back doing the same (I'm sure there is much more I didn't notice).  Anyways with all those phones, not a single video from Nanaimo is on youtube.  I think people just upload to their personal instagrams and facebooks so only immediate friends ever see them now.  

Adam,

I agree with you. I can't go anywhere without seeing a camera phone rolling yet where does all the footage go?  Has to be facebook or twitter.  Even audio recordings have dwindled down.    I know OLP has a guy who videotapes a lot of their live stuff (trusty)   it would be cool if Matt had someone even if it's a family member or friend  who could record some songs or clips from each show and upload them either to his site or here.  Would be a great keepsake for those who were at the show and a great experience for those in the states or abroad that cannot attend. 

I must end my rant by saying. The one thing that irks me is if i find a video from a new show and it's of a song that we already have hundreds of videos or versions of.  Example in this case  Load me Up.  I get it if it's your fav song you want to record it but what about the rare stuff? Or new songs just being played for their first or second time?

Yeah haha I know, I guess some people don't have the same mentality.  Admittedly I am guilty this tour, But in the past have usually brought phone to record rarities and have made some audio recordings.  

There was a guy standing beside me at the last Van show, he would start recording the beginning of every song.  It seemed to me if it was a common tune, he would then turn his camera off, But he did make full recordings of the rarities and several new songs.  But again, haven't seen where they have shown up.  

Acoustic set songs were posted a page or two ago.  If I remember they were 

So Long Mrs. Smith

Generation X-Wing Partial

Los Alamos

Symbolistic White Walls

True Love Will Find you in the End 

Metal Airplanes

Strange Days

Prime Time Deliverance 

Sort of a Protest Song

Wow that is not what I was expecting at all. That is quite the list for the acoustic sets. I can understand Matt choosing songs that he doesn't perform on the current and/or past tours, since that is part of the VIP upgrade package. 

Edited by jackwork

I was a little saddened to hear that James, Milos and Anthony were not on tour this time (and even Lance.. I've not seen a tour without Lance!) but the overall experience in this forum seems to be that the shows have been going spectacularly. Looking forward to the Ottawa stop :)

No Lance?!?! But Lance is my setlist and guitar pick hook up! He's always got my back!

**I could not figure out how to add a photo, but I took at selfie with Lance and his drawn on moustache/bartender costume at Private Banter last year.

Wow that is not what I was expecting at all. That is quite the list for the acoustic sets. I can understand Matt choosing songs that he doesn't perform on the current and/or past tours, since that is part of the VIP upgrade package. 

My dream for the acoustic set is Suburbia. I think I'd probably cry actual tears.

Adam,

I agree with you. I can't go anywhere without seeing a camera phone rolling yet where does all the footage go?  Has to be facebook or twitter.  Even audio recordings have dwindled down.    I know OLP has a guy who videotapes a lot of their live stuff (trusty)   it would be cool if Matt had someone even if it's a family member or friend  who could record some songs or clips from each show and upload them either to his site or here.  Would be a great keepsake for those who were at the show and a great experience for those in the states or abroad that cannot attend. 

I must end my rant by saying. The one thing that irks me is if i find a video from a new show and it's of a song that we already have hundreds of videos or versions of.  Example in this case  Load me Up.  I get it if it's your fav song you want to record it but what about the rare stuff? Or new songs just being played for their first or second time?

foats,

I will try to audio record the VIP acoustic/questions, full concert, and Scott Helman. I hope I don't get in trouble. I will hide/conceal it as best as I can.

If I see a gem being played for the first time, for instance Born to Kill (*hint, hint*), I will for sure videotape it on my camera.

Edited by girl

haha that's awesome.  I think security has really relaxed about this kind of thing.  I used to have to really hide my audio recorder to bring it in, now with cellphones, tablets and whatever else, people just think its a different kind of phone...so I'm sure security won't have an issue with it, even if it's unconcealed.