Crusader

Chaotic Neutral 2015/2016 Tour Dates

There is a video from youtube during the Vancouver tour where a security guard sees a kid taping and goes to take the device and Matt literally waves the guad off and says it's ok.  I'm pretty sure Matt would love to hear some good quality recordings of shows. I know at one point he had asked for submissions but the quality he was getting was the greatest.   He seems to be a bootleg friendly guy which is no surprise considering a lot of his favorite bands are "bootleg friendly"

Thank you to safedistance for putting the uploads into the upload thread!  Looks great! 

It was about 45 minutes. I'd say an hour at the most.

I have Cloudbusting on my phone and will upload it to YouTube very soon,hopefully tonite.

Thanks Marcella, sounds like I'll have plenty of time then.

Gonna try recording some songs on Friday seeing as I'm 8th row centre. Wish I still had my Lumia 1520, but my 6S Plus will suffice.

The best part is converting the audio from the youtube videos and playing them on the ipod on the way to work.   Hoping someone tapes tonight since it looks to be a long performance.  Looking forward to hearing the songs @girl and @msdos  great work also Marcy on Cloudbursting!!

I'm super jealous. No offence to Scott. Saw him as the opener at Massey Hall last year and he was good. But I'm not big on watching opening bands. When I go to a show I'm there to see the headliner I sought out for the most part. And I would love love if it was an acoustic Matt set followed by a full band set after words, or vice versa. Like a Dave Matthews show. 

Although, sidenote, when Mother Mother opened for Matt that was a real treat. I actually continued to listen to them and see their shows for the rest of the years after. I actually met them this past summer backstage at Bluesfest. My Matthew Good t-shirt won me a contest on instagram where you had to submit a "Very good bad thing". It was a great tie in, because I had first been introduced to Mother Mother through Matt Good. anyway, that was rambly.

Long story short, I'm jealous.

No Lance?!?! But Lance is my setlist and guitar pick hook up! He's always got my back!

**I could not figure out how to add a photo, but I took at selfie with Lance and his drawn on moustache/bartender costume at Private Banter last year.

My dream for the acoustic set is Suburbia. I think I'd probably cry actual tears.

Well cross fingers someone else can make sure you get the goods this time round. Lance is a doll. I was fortunate to go out for drinks with him and the band and a few of the crew last year and had quite a few laughs :)

I'm envious for the Red Deer concert tonight who will get the best of both worlds having the acoustic and full band set!!

Yeah in regards to Matt's band on this tour, it might be my favourite lineup he's had, although I do admittedly miss the keys, just because it adds a bit more flexibility and fills out the sound.  On a song like Police Cars.  The keys at the end of that song just add so much mood and feel to the outro.  With that being said Stu is a beast, he is absolutely killing it at being a lead guitar player and making up for the lack of keys on the tour.  Almost all the songs come off as high energy, even slower songs in large part because of the groove the band gets in.  

Matt's vocals also have been consistent and strong, I noticed Scott Helman was losing his voice for the last Van show, But prior to that he had sounded good he was coughing a bit so maybe a cold.  Hopefully Matt can stay healthy, on past tours he's frequently gotten colds as the tour winds on.  

The shows were probably the best shows of Matt's I've seen from top to bottom, hard to find anything at all to nit pick about, unless you for some reason hated Chaotic Neutral I can't see anyone on here not loving the shows on this tour.  

And since Matt reads the boards just a special thanks for working to get Police Cars in there for Vancouver, you mentioned not having much time to work on other material before hand, and obviously a song like Police Cars, just for it's length alone takes a little time to pick up, so I appreciate the effort, a definite highlight for me.

Agreed on the lineup - and I haven't even been to a show yet this fall. I'm missing Anthony Wright, but vids of the concerts so far show that they are pulling it off pretty well.

Pretty jealous!

Harridan

No Liars

All You Sons and Daughters

Cold Water

Moment

Kid Down The Well

Army of Lions

Sort of a Protest Song (Acoustic)

Prime Time Deliverance (Acoustic)

Strange Days (Acoustic)

True Love Will Find You in the End

Los Alamos

Tiger by the Tail

Apparitions

A Single Explosion

Born Losers

Load Me Up

Hello Time Bomb

Weapon

Giant

Alert Status Red

Advertising On Police Cars

Edited by NonPopulus
  • Upvote 1

Guest Idioteque

What a beautiful setlist! This venue is outdoors isn't it?

That's weird how he was 1 song away from playing Chaotic Neutral in its entirety but didn't play one of the most played tracks off CN (Cloudbusting).

Guest Idioteque

God dammit I read the setlist like 6 times too. I blame it on being sick.

I think Matt could do an entire tour half solo half band, that would put some Butts in seats.

I was just wondering approximately how many people attend this VIP experience? I saw a picture on Matt's twitter account today. I only see a small crowd at the front of the stage. Maybe people are spread out all over the place in their seats. It looks very intimate and interactive.

I would say probably 20-50 would probably be norm.  There seemed to be about 30 at the second one in Vancouver.  It's intimate to the point that during sound check people are whispering to one another because they don't want to distract the band.  I mean you could definitely get the guys attention if you wanted it, definitely not a huge group at all.  

Edited by adam_777

I'm getting excited! Ok, more excited.

I'm going to avoid the videos til after. I would rather experience it in the moment the first time. I am really hoping for Harridan, Army of Lions, Girls in Black, Cloudbusting and Los Alamos for CN content and police cars to be thrown in. If he were to pull out Born to Kill, near fantastica or primetime deliverence, that would be my ultimate set list for Barrie, but I know those are not even in the works. Just dreaming.

I took the day off tomorrow to prepare for the trip and we begin our journey north Friday morning. This might just be the most insane trip I've made for a show, but I was really bummed about missing the Arrows tour. Thanks to MG for touring this time of year, otherwise I would have missed again.

Funny enough, I think my CN vinyl and cd will be arriving while we are away.

Edited by mackie1023

I'm getting excited! Ok, more excited.

I'm going to avoid the videos til after. I would rather experience it in the moment the first time. I am really hoping for Harridan, Girls in Black, Cloudbusting and Los Alamos for CN content and police cars to be thrown in. If he were to pull out Born to Kill, near fantastica or primetime deliverence, that would be my ultimate set list for Barrie, but I know those are not even in the works. Just dreaming.

I took the day off tomorrow to prepare for the trip and we begin our journey north Friday morning. This might just be the most insane trip I've made for a show, but I was really bummed about missing the Arrows tour. Thanks to MG for touring this time of year, otherwise I would have missed again.

Funny enough, I think my CN vinyl and cd will be arriving while we are away.

I told myself I wouldn't watch the videos....but like an addict, there I was...:)