Crusader

Chaotic Neutral 2015/2016 Tour Dates

Guest Idioteque

Great. Thanks. That is intimate, even better. I thought it would be along the lines of 100 people.

It's between 20-40, least for the Vancouver shows. So if you have a question you'll probably get to ask it. Sadly for me I thought of all my questions AFTER vip :( I did get to ask about vinyl though. Somebody asked to get on stage & sing with Matt, I'm pretty sure that person is from The Bored too.

What would my chances be getting a picture with Matt? I know its not allowed according to the email I got about the VIP. But I am hoping to get one at least...

I know how you feel. But for the sake of Matt not getting sick & having to cancel a show or god forbid an entire tour it's best to play it safe.

Every time I've seen Matt he's always been kind enough to give me a photo or autograph which is a huge blessing that he's been extremely nice to me.

Surprisingly knowing there will be no "intimate" moment with Matt during VIP it's still one hell of an experience worth the $100 (regardless of the 1st night being unorganized, which was fixed the 2nd night).

I did see a photo on Instagram this weekend of a nice lady being able to get a photo with Matt before one of the Vancouver shows, so even with all the precautions of not getting sick Mr.Good still has the heart to stop & please a fan.

So you could wait for a photo behind the venue before VIP, just be respectful of him trying to not get sick & if he declines say thanks anyways because there's always next time.

The funny thing is I get sick once a year, maybe once every 2 years. So I was completely healthy during the 2 Vancouver shows & the Protest The Hero show on Sunday. Then on the Skytrain home this drunk a**hole sneezes on me, I ignore him but he does it 2 more times & I "politely" tell him to get off the skytrain & get as far away from me as possible.

A day later & I feel like everything in my body is trying to come out of my nose.

It's between 20-40, least for the Vancouver shows. So if you have a question you'll probably get to ask it. Sadly for me I thought of all my questions AFTER vip :( I did get to ask about vinyl though. Somebody asked to get on stage & sing with Matt, I'm pretty sure that person is from The Bored too.

I know how you feel. But for the sake of Matt not getting sick & having to cancel a show or god forbid an entire tour it's best to play it safe.

Every time I've seen Matt he's always been kind enough to give me a photo or autograph which is a huge blessing that he's been extremely nice to me.

Surprisingly knowing there will be no "intimate" moment with Matt during VIP it's still one hell of an experience worth the $100 (regardless of the 1st night being unorganized, which was fixed the 2nd night).

I did see a photo on Instagram this weekend of a nice lady being able to get a photo with Matt before one of the Vancouver shows, so even with all the precautions of not getting sick Mr.Good still has the heart to stop & please a fan.

So you could wait for a photo behind the venue before VIP, just be respectful of him trying to not get sick & if he declines say thanks anyways because there's always next time.

The funny thing is I get sick once a year, maybe once every 2 years. So I was completely healthy during the 2 Vancouver shows & the Protest The Hero show on Sunday. Then on the Skytrain home this drunk a**hole sneezes on me, I ignore him but he does it 2 more times & I "politely" tell him to get off the skytrain & get as far away from me as possible.

A day later & I feel like everything in my body is trying to come out of my nose.

Eeeekk.... I dont think I could handle someone sneezing on or near me.... Hopefully I could get Mr. Good to maybe take a picture. I mean its quite a bit for a VIP. I recently saw Dear Rouge live and I bought a VIP for the even. I got to chat with them for a bit and take a picture afterwards. Well I sure hope I could get a pic. If not then that would be alright. 

Perfect.

I probably won't be asking a question. Hypothetically, if I were to ask him something, what questions did you want to ask him?

Yeah, I know the feeling. I was in Safeway day before yesterday, and a lady was sneezing loudly a million times without covering her mouth. People were cringing around her and I heard someone say something about germs. I woke up today with aches all over my body and I felt a little sick. I hope I didn't catch a cold or something from her. Some people just have no manners.

Edited by girl

Guest Idioteque

Yeah I've never seen a VIP where you actually don't get to meet the talent one on one, I even saw some VIP'ers show up with cd's hoping for autographs. But it's not like it's out of ill-feelings or greed. Neil Peart never greets fans & that's because he's a loner, Matt just doesn't want to get sick lol. But some artists will refuse to take photos or sign anything if you aren't paying money so there's a weird middle ground us fans need to appreciate when it comes to MG.

So the way I looked at it was I'm paying for a VIP with the opportunity of seeing the behind the scenes world, almost the day in the life of MG.

You'll probably never find yourself in a situation waiting for Matt after a show & there's security guards rushing him into a black SUV before a crowd of fans rip him to shreds (Maybe back in MGB days). If he's comfortable & not tired he will take the time to approach you.

Compared to other VIP experiences I've had with him surprisingly the one where I wasn't allowed photos or autographs just happened to be my favorite.

An hour of soundcheck, Q&A, acoustic performance definitely beats waiting in a lineup just to have 15 seconds with him at a table & get rushed away.

Sometimes the tiny things that happen during VIP are the reasons the memories instantly become priceless. Like me getting a guitar pick from Matthew Good & Stu, or Matt letting me on stage to look at the pedals.

(BTW that pedal thread is on its way).

Yeah easily my fav of the three Matt Good VIP's I've done.  I've gotten pics with Matt, some autographs a hand shake or two, But I'm really all about the music. Four extra acoustic songs and hearing the soundcheck/banter between the guys was alot of fun.  And usually I used the other VIPs to ask a quick question during my few seconds with Matt and that part is still involved in this VIP because you can not only ask questions yourself, but hear answers to other peoples questions that might be interesting.  All in all much preferred this way of doing it.  Especially because the acoustic songs he has played at the VIP are some real gems! 

Jonathan Roy (Warner Music Canada) will be joining the Matthew Good Chaotic Neutral Maritime Shows in Halifax (December 9th - Marquee Ballroom) and Fredericton (December 10th - Capital Exhibit Centre). Roy is currently touring to support his new hit single, "Daniella Denmark" (available on iTunes) which is rocketing up the Canadian Singles chart, and will open both shows before giving way to Scott Helman and Matthew Good.

Looks like there's going to be an opening opening act in two of the Martime shows!

Guest Idioteque

Exactly Adam. Night 1 Matt started plucking away at his guitar thinking of songs to play & somebody yelled out:

"Symbolistic White Walls! It's my favorite!"

Any other situation that would have such a "ughhhh" moment, like someone yelling Rico during a full band show. But he played it for her & I've always loved that version too.

Night 2 another girl made a comment about Matt's importance in the talk about mental illness, then he unintentionally went right into "True Love Will Find You In The End" which made for a beautiful ending to the experience.

Just getting to be a fly on the wall & watching him answer other people, it's great.

HUGE ADVICE: During Q&A, when the nice lady says "Does anybody have a question?" Get your hand up right away and make yourself known you have a question. Time flies when you're listening to everything, then all of a sudden you get hit with the "Okay we have time for one more question". You might not get picked since every hand is probably going up in a last ditch effort. The Q&A ended when this guy in the front had his hand up for the whole thing & Matt stopped everything to answer him so nice on MG.

I have terrible anxiety when it comes to meeting Matt, but have no problems around other famous artists I've met lol. so when I asked my question I stumbled so hard Matt looked confused at first & everybody laughed at me, he did answer though. But my god did I leave The Vogue so defeated after "I'm a failure! I can't do anything! He probably didn't even understand me! Do I even speak English?" With my friend promising me I did fine lol.

But if your question doesn't get answered then after Matt leaves find the lady running the VIP (you can't miss her, she's the happy one Matt picks on) and if you tell her your question she will try & ask Matt for you later, which is sweet.

Ha I definitely stumbled when I met him the first time.  I had a whole speech lined up, and I felt like such a tool when I got up there and had nothing to say.

I think this VIP package, while expensive, is better than the older ones, where you get to meet him for a few seconds.  You get to spend quite a bit of extra time with him.  And I'm all for him staying away from germs.  He's always deathly sick by the time he gets out here.  The date he had here in London for the AOD tour was actually cancelled due to his illness.  

So stay away and keep him healthy please lol.

there is a video of girls in black live from 11/14  on youtube now too.  Not bad at all.

Any chance you could post the link in the tour videos thread? I'm not sure how you found it. I tried every filter they had and could not find the video. Unless it was taken down since your post.

Guest Idioteque

Grand Prairie setlist.

No Liars

All You Sons & Daughters

Load Me Up

Alert Status Red

Cold Waters

Army of Lions

Born Losers

Advertising On Police Cars

Harridan

Everything Is Automatic

Los Alamos

Apparitions

Weapon

Giant

Hello Time Bomb

Cloudbusting

I can't wait to see the setlists for Toronto.

Nice to see Blue Skies might make an appearance back in the set.  I always really enjoyed that song live.  It has a great atmosphere to it.  I hadn't been a major fan of it on the album, But back in 2008 seeing it live totally changed my opinion on it.  

As far as these Toronto shows go, I'm hoping for a lot of variety, but I don't know the band has the means to do that just yet. What I imagine because it's 3 straight nights, the sets will be a tad shorter. If you're going all 3 nights you'll most likely see singles like EIA, HTB, LMU, and ASR get subbed in and rotated, CN in it's entirety, and Police Cars and Blue Skies (if that's even happening). There's just not as much wiggle room the more albums get released. You'll get a good mix of stuff with different ordered setlists to keep things fresh though.

Hey, if I'm wrong, I won't be complaining.

Hey Matt, are you reading this? Champions of Nothing Champions of Nothing Champions of Nothing Champions of Nothing Champions of Nothing Champions of Nothing Champions of Nothing Champions of Nothing Champions of Nothing Champions of Nothing Champions of Nothing Champions of Nothing Champions of Nothing Champions of Nothing Champions of Nothing

Edmonton:

All You Sons and Daughters

No Liars

A Single Explosion

Born Losers

Advertising on Police Cars

Cold Water

Everything is Automatic

Army of Lions

Kid Down the Well

Load Me Up

Alert Status Rws

Los Alamos

Apparitions

Weapon

Cloudbusting

Giant

Hello Time Bomb

Girls in Black

• Upvote 2

I wonder why nothing from Arrows is played on this tour (unless i missed something)

It's too bad, but probably not that surprising.......Matt doesn't seem to have a high opinion of the album. That's just him being too hard on himself. It's not his best LP but it's still a really good listen. I'd have no problem if a number of Arrows songs were setlist regulars.......the title track, VD, Had it Coming, Garden of Knives and Guns of Carolina.

It'll be interesting which -- and how many -- CN tracks become regular songs in his live rotation. Seeing the way he's used Girls in Black I'd have to think it would become a setlist staple. And rightly so......watching him come into the crowd and belt that out was amazing. As for one of the slower CN tunes he'd keep around.....I'd guess maybe Los Alamos, seeing as he's performed it acoustically as well.

Edited by GWS