Crusader

Chaotic Neutral 2015/2016 Tour Dates

Guest Idioteque

Ooooo, do you remember the setlist by chance?

Getting to see MG twice during a tour is quite the treat. Stu is very involved with the crowd (same with Matt obviously) I had a few little moments with Steeeeeeve. He made the crowd get up during Load Me Up because duh it's Load Me Up! Who sits during that?

Edited by Idioteque

Ooooo, do you remember the setlist by chance?

Getting to see MG twice during a tour is quite the treat. Stu is very involved with the crowd (same with Matt obviously) I had a few little moments with Steeeeeeve. He made the crowd get up during Load Me Up because duh it's Load Me Up! Who sits during that?

Not only do I remember it.....

I HAVE IT. The guy next to me sniped me, and asked Stu for his specifically during the encore. However, I got Blake's. However again, the guy next to me was making some gift for his wife, and wanted to frame it, which is harder with Stu's because, like Matt's it's larger text and is on two pages. Blake's is smaller text and is only on one. So now I have Stu's.

No Liars

Sons & Daughters

Single Explosion

Born Losers

Kid

Cold Water

Load Me Up

Alert

Lions

Automatic

Advertising

Los Alamos

Weapon

---------------

Harridan

Cloudbusting

Timebomb

Giant

Also here's another kicker, historically in most shows or at least recent shows I've been to, they don't give out Matt's set list. It generally has gotten ripped up. When I asked for Blake's, Matt's was still in tact but I didn't bother thinking it would get ripped up, BUT they DID give it out. So people at future upcoming shows, it is possible.

Operation Set List: Montreal and Kingston edition. ;)

Also fingers crossed for me. Since they ship out the twitter prizes, and I also won a signed poster through the MG App check in tonight, I messaged team MG and asked if they might be able to switch out the CN Tour poster they're sending with my prize, for the NotSo one from last year instead. Unfortunately I missed out on buying it while I was there cause I had to rush to my greyhound back to Ottawa. But the shipping if I buy it online is ridic. So we shall see.

But if they don't switch it, once my package comes I'll have a second signed tour poster if anyone in Ottawa would like one.

Guest Idioteque

That's so weird, why would Matt get his setlist ripped up? I'd like to hear some theories because this would have broken my heart if I tried to get one years ago! Shame!

I'd understand recycling them for other shows, I've seen that before. But that's for bands that play the same setlist every show. Matt always changes it up. He really should be like Eddie Vedder & just carry a large book with him, filled with hundreds of setlists from over the years. Could probably sneak in some lyric sheets lol.

I was leaning on the stage right in front of Matt's setlist on Saturday after the show & there was no one else around claiming it. Then this roadie guy grabs it and hands it off to some girl at the other side of the stage because they knew eachother.

So whatever you do wave down Matt's guitar tech, he's dope because he gave me a bunch of picks & Stu's setlist. Matt always has the nicest guitar guys.

Also general concert tip:

The stage isn't the only place with setlists, soundboard & lighting sections have them too. Sometimes even the box office & security have a few.

That's so weird, why would Matt get his setlist ripped up? I'd like to hear some theories because this would have broken my heart if I tried to get one years ago! Shame!

I'd understand recycling them for other shows, I've seen that before. But that's for bands that play the same setlist every show. Matt always changes it up. He really should be like Eddie Vedder & just carry a large book with him, filled with hundreds of setlists from over the years. Could probably sneak in some lyric sheets lol.

I was leaning on the stage right in front of Matt's setlist on Saturday after the show & there was no one else around claiming it. Then this roadie guy grabs it and hands it off to some girl at the other side of the stage because they knew eachother.

So whatever you do wave down Matt's guitar tech, he's dope because he gave me a bunch of picks & Stu's setlist. Matt always has the nicest guitar guys.

Also general concert tip:

The stage isn't the only place with setlists, soundboard & lighting sections have them too. Sometimes even the box office & security have a few.

I'm not exactly sure what the story is. But last year, after I had seen NotSo Private Banter, they weren't giving out any lists, and I begged Lance, but he said he's "not allowed anymore". It also got ripped up on the Arrows tour for Montreal and Kingston, but they gave out the rest and Hope Volleyball too.

But hey, whatever. They're giving it out again!

I wonder if it's because people fought over it or something?

Guest Idioteque

True. I've never seen any huge arguments over stuff like that but I can imagine petty bickering between drunk people.

Lance is awesome! He's given me random stuff over the years. A piece of electric tape, guitar picks, a broken guitar cable that pissed off Matt at HMV. He also has thousands of stories to tell, he is "the dude".

Hopefully he's coming back, Matt & him have alot of history.

When Matt did his first solo acoustic show my wife and I went to the Buffalo show. As we were walking out one of the soundboard guys casually handed me a piece of paper. I thought "what the fuck is this"  Turns out it was the setlist for the show.  Pretty cool moment and memory from an amazing show.

Operation Set List: Montreal and Kingston edition. ;)

Also fingers crossed for me. Since they ship out the twitter prizes, and I also won a signed poster through the MG App check in tonight, I messaged team MG and asked if they might be able to switch out the CN Tour poster they're sending with my prize, for the NotSo one from last year instead. Unfortunately I missed out on buying it while I was there cause I had to rush to my greyhound back to Ottawa. But the shipping if I buy it online is ridic. So we shall see.

But if they don't switch it, once my package comes I'll have a second signed tour poster if anyone in Ottawa would like one.

Seriously I would love that extra poster!

The show last night was amazing. Going to Kingston in week...

True. I've never seen any huge arguments over stuff like that but I can imagine petty bickering between drunk people.

Lance is awesome! He's given me random stuff over the years. A piece of electric tape, guitar picks, a broken guitar cable that pissed off Matt at HMV. He also has thousands of stories to tell, he is "the dude".

Hopefully he's coming back, Matt & him have alot of history.

I asked the woman running the merch table (long story, but my boot broke when I was leaving, I had to come back after everyone had pretty much left already and the woman running the table gave me duct tape to fix it... lol) where Lance was. She said if she remembered correctly Lance wasn't available because he was already doing something else, just a schedule conflict. But he's not fallen ill or anything, and no fallout with Matt or anything either. And agreed. Lance is the best.

Seriously I would love that extra poster!

The show last night was amazing. Going to Kingston in week...

I'll be in Kingston too! Do you have the app?? Because literally all I did was run it in the background of my phone, and before Scott was even done his set I had already gotten the notification that I won a signed poster. Apparently you can win other merch too, but it's probably cheapest for them to give away the posters. So who knows, maybe I'll win another poster in Montreal and Kingston lol.

Awesome set list!!!

I HAVE IT. The guy next to me sniped me, and asked Stu for his specifically during the encore. However, I got Blake's. However again, the guy next to me was making some gift for his wife, and wanted to frame it, which is harder with Stu's because, like Matt's it's larger text and is on two pages. Blake's is smaller text and is only on one. So now I have Stu's.

No Liars

Sons & Daughters

Single Explosion

Born Losers

Kid

Cold Water

Load Me Up

Alert

Lions

Automatic

Advertising

Los Alamos

Weapon

---------------

Harridan

Cloudbusting

Timebomb

Giant

Also here's another kicker, historically in most shows or at least recent shows I've been to, they don't give out Matt's set list. It generally has gotten ripped up. When I asked for Blake's, Matt's was still in tact but I didn't bother thinking it would get ripped up, BUT they DID give it out. So people at future upcoming shows, it is possible.

I asked the woman running the merch table (long story, but my boot broke when I was leaving, I had to come back after everyone had pretty much left already and the woman running the table gave me duct tape to fix it... lol) where Lance was. She said if she remembered correctly Lance wasn't available because he was already doing something else, just a schedule conflict. But he's not fallen ill or anything, and no fallout with Matt or anything either. And agreed. Lance is the best.

I'll be in Kingston too! Do you have the app?? Because literally all I did was run it in the background of my phone, and before Scott was even done his set I had already gotten the notification that I won a signed poster. Apparently you can win other merch too, but it's probably cheapest for them to give away the posters. So who knows, maybe I'll win another poster in Montreal and Kingston lol.

I have Windows phone (I know, but I love it!) so no app unfortunately.

No Liars

Sons & Daughters

Single Explosion

Born Losers

Kid

Cold Water

Load Me Up

Alert

Lions

Automatic

Advertising

Los Alamos

Weapon

---------------

Harridan

Cloudbusting

Timebomb

Giant

Pretty sweet set. Won't lie - kinda wish we got Kid and No Liars in Calgary. But we did get Girls in Black :)

Barrie set list:

AYSD

No Liars

Load me up

Alert status red

Cold water

Army of lions

Single explosion

Born losers

Advertising on police cars

Everything is automatic

Time bomb

Los Alamos

Apparitions

Weapon

---------

Cloudbusting

Giant

Girls in black

The venue was completely GA with two sets of stairs on each side and a balcony/second floor. I made way to the front soon as I got in. There was a girl next to us that nearly got in two physical fights trying to maintain her space. the girls in the very front abandoned their spots to avoid the drama, so after Helman was done I was able to move to the very front and smack between Matt and Stu.

Matt came and crouched down on top of the speakers right in front of us and then into the crowd during Lions. Born losers was a really fun choice, as well as single explosion. Los Alamos was beautiful and Cloudbusting was a ton of fun. Girls in black was the closer and Matt went off the other side of the stage and into the crowd and performed the last half of it from on the stairs and it was electrifying. After he finished the chanty bit, which was amazing, he came back and collapsed onto the stage to close it out.

I kind of wanted to get a set list but I left it to the younger people around me. I have enough mg stuff in my collection and the experience was better than that anyhow. The stage guy handed me a water lol.

It seemed that maybe this list was catered more to the casual listener - I was really hoping to see Harridan - but that's ok. It was a really solid show. The crowd was pretty into it from what I could tell but I didn't look back that often!

Hehe two people beat me by mere minutes to Musee des Beaux Arts for the challenge today. Aw well, you can't win them all.

Although I will say it was nice to see a bunch of people participating. In Ottawa there was only like four of us maybe only 3. I saw a few people taking their selfie after me here.

So stoked for tonight!!

Update

I can see the setlist, he IS playing the 3 songs from CN that didn't get played in Ottawa. I get to see the whole album live!!!! Waaaaaahhhh I'm so stoked

The only song he's not doing is Kid Down the Well, which is too bad cause it's amazing, but still!!

Whole album whole album whole album

Okay update again: the guitar tech (I wanna say...James?) just ripped up the set lists and started working on new ones. No Girls In Black.

Edited by emmit643

Haha I'm picturing Matt standing back stage and looking out at the crowd, seeing a few unsavory faces and thinking "To hell with this, I ain't going into that crowd tonight, scratch Girls in Black"

Edited by adam_777

Haha I'm picturing Matt standing back stage and looking out at the crowd, seeing a few unsavory faces and thinking "To hell with this, I ain't going into that crowd tonight, scratch Girls in Black"

Hahaha. Does he do that for Girls too? I only saw him do that for Army of Lions

Guest Idioteque

Lucky! During the Arrows tour I heard every song off the album live BUT 2 of my favorite MG songs ever,

Mutineering & Hey Hell Heaven, Underrated tracks. Then Tiger By The Tail is the only song off Chaotic Neutral I didn't get to hear live which was odd.