Crusader

Chaotic Neutral 2015/2016 Tour Dates

OKAY SO

first off, amazing time in Montreal. 

I was the first person let into the venue after all the VIPs left from soundcheck etc. Got a spot right at the front, stage right, between Stu and Matt aka the perfect spot.

MATT CAME DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF ME FOR LIONS. HE SAT ON THE STAGE BETWEEN MYSELF AND ANOTHER GIRL. I didn't think he was going to come down off the stage because it's quite high at Corona Theatre. It was amazing. So good. So awesome.

Moment and Tiger by the Tail were fantastic.

After the show i waited for the whole coat check line to clear out, got my coat, and went over to the march table. I keep forgetting the woman running the table, she also does the VIP and I think the insta, but she's super nice. I got Blake's setlist that night, and I didn't want it to get crumpled or bent, so she gave me a piece of a cardboard box and tape and constructed an envelope type thing for it. She also took a picture of me with it and asked if I wanted to be on the insta, and I was like "sure!" and then she said I might see it but she wasn't sure if she can post it or not (I don't think she could cause it didn't get posted lol). After that I went outside and did my casual walk-by of the alley where the bus is. There was one security guard and 2 people standing by him (1 really drunk lady, and some guy) and then one woman sitting down. I waited around a bit (freezing cold) and the 2 people standing ended up leaving. Then Blake came out and I waved and said "sweet show Blake!" and he said thanks and went in the bus. A minute or so later he came back out, said he was gonna roll a j and come back and say hi. After this security actually left and it was just me and that woman. And then Blake came back out and I chatted with him, Stu came out and over for a bit, and Bones waved and went in the bus. Blake is super cool and really interesting. It was super chill. I didn't wait around for Matt, after I chilled with Blake I left. I figure I got him for Lions already and didn't want to push it.

A note about the set list change: I asked Blake what happened with the set list that got scrapped. The original list was reeeeaally long, and he said "Matt does some funny stuff sometimes." and explained that basically because it was a 75% filled house Matt changed his mind about doing Girls in Black. I said I was a bit disappointed cause I was so excited when I saw it on the list because then I would've seen the whole album live. But hey, still was the best. The best show. Such a cool experience. I love Corona Theatre. If you get to go ever, go. It's the best.

If you made it through this long giant post congrats. I'm pretty stoked about this tour.

I actually just got gifted a ticket to Toronto saturday for Christmas (thank you dad!) So looks like I'm going to Kingston AND Toronto.

QUESTION ABOUT TORONTO:

My ticket is GA2. I thought general admission was just general admission. But does this mean a specific section of general admission?

Also a little bummed that VIP is sold out for Toronto. I would definitely have done it again.

You have a nice Dad. You have 2 setlists from this tour? Score. Is it a piece of cake getting the setlist? I never received one in my life. It sounds like not many people  hang around the bus after a show.

QUESTION ABOUT TORONTO:

My ticket is GA2. I thought general admission was just general admission. But does this mean a specific section of general admission?

Also a little bummed that VIP is sold out for Toronto. I would definitely have done it again.

I don't think so. I'm not sure why it says GA2. My ticket definitely just said GA. The general admission area in Danforth isn't that big, if I remember correctly. I saw Neverending White Lights play there a few years ago and looked like a very small most pit in front of stage and seating area. Congrats on getting a ticket to Toronto!

You have a nice Dad. You have 2 setlists from this tour? Score. Is it a piece of cake getting the setlist? I never received one in my life. It sounds like not many people hang around the bus after a show.

here are my tips to getting stuff such as set lists or guitar picks post show: never grab, be polite, try to use the guitar tech, or stage hand, or sound guy's name of you can. This almost always works out for me. (I've only been collecting since 2013 when I realized it was an attainable thing haha)

I don't think so. I'm not sure why it says GA2. My ticket definitely just said GA. The general admission area in Danforth isn't that big, if I remember correctly. I saw Neverending White Lights play there a few years ago and looked like a very small most pit in front of stage and seating area. Congrats on getting a ticket to Toronto!

Okay good. I really want to be at the front haha. My favourite spot. 

Emma, what sort of setlist changes were made?

I'd be interested to know what was on the original one.

The only change was Girls in Black got taken out. Girls in Black was going to close it out. Which would've been amazing! It's a pretty hype song which I think would translate well live! 

Good to know. Thanks for the tip.

here are my tips to getting stuff such as set lists or guitar picks post show: never grab, be polite, try to use the guitar tech, or stage hand, or sound guy's name of you can. This almost always works out for me. (I've only been collecting since 2013 when I realized it was an attainable thing haha)

QUESTION ABOUT TORONTO:

It's just something that's used for internal record keeping / inventory.  Ticketmaster sells their General Admission tickets in blocks, so GA2 is just the second block of tickets.  (One venue in my town goes up to like GA6.)  But, inside the venue, GA is GA.

It's just something that's used for internal record keeping / inventory. Ticketmaster sells their General Admission tickets in blocks, so GA2 is just the second block of tickets. (One venue in my town goes up to like GA6.) But, inside the venue, GA is GA.

Thanks I actually messaged the venue to double check earlier and that's what they said. #phew my ticket said something about stage left section as well. So confusing. But general admission is general admission. That's what they said. That's what you said. They all say it. So it must be true.

• Upvote 1

Okay so long shot. But if anyone is from Toronto, and planning on trying for the Tour Challenge would you be willing to hook me up with one of the VIP passes? Will pay. My bus doesn't get into Toronto until 11:35am and surely someone will have won by then.

I will love you forever if you do.

I second that! The last time I saw Holly perform live was in 2002 and 2003 at the Calgary Stampede. Dave Genn was her guitarist at the 2002 concert. I still have pics of them from those concerts. Wow, that was a long time ago. I look forward to seeing how she sounds live now.

Alright all you Toronto people - here is your mission: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SOMEBODY HAS TO GET (AND POST) VIDEO OF CLOUDBUSTING WITH HOLLY MCNARLAND!!!!! That is all. Sincerely, Guy from the Prairies which is nowhere near Toronto :)

If someone hooks me up with that VIP pass I promise to film it. In the best quality I possibly can. haha tradesies.

I mean I'm pretty nice, I'd probably do it anyway, but I'm on a mission here too.

Emmit, I will try my darndest.

In regards to the tour challenge, is it vip AND tickets, or just vip upgrade to existing tickets? Also, is it a pair or a single vip?

If the "original" setlist held up, this is what he played in Sarnia:

Blue Skies Over Bad Lands
A Single Explosion
Born Losers
Kid Down The Well
Cold Water
Army of Lions
Load Me Up
Alert Status Red
All You Sons and Daughters
Advertising On Police Cars
Los Alamos
Apparitions
Weapon

Harridan
Hello Time Bomb
Giant

Emmit, I will try my darndest.

In regards to the tour challenge, is it vip AND tickets, or just vip upgrade to existing tickets? Also, is it a pair or a single vip?

YES YES YES. I will think super hard about you winning, aka the Secret, and surely it'll happen.

2 VIP upgrades. I don't think it includes a ticket to the event. And also I think you get the prize pack on top of the VIP upgrades, which is a signed tour poster, a hard copy of the cd, a hard copy of Scott Helman's EP, a hard copy set of D&D starter kit and an electronic download of Balder's Gate.

also if you don't already have a ticket, there's a few going for 40, 50$ on toronto kijiji. I saw them when I was looking for VIP.

they mail you the prize pack also.

Guest Idioteque

Blue Skies Over Bad Lands! Finally woo!

I've been keeping my eye out for that one.

Wow wait what. Where did these 2 acoustic shows come from? Why does this have to happen in December! Any other month I'd walk my ass to Ontario.

Just looked up the venue, super small. Maybe 100 people max? So for $100 a ticket that's a pretty intimate experience, he's probably going to play for a few hours.

Please somebody film or audio record one of these shows.

If someone hooks me up with that VIP pass I promise to film it. In the best quality I possibly can. haha tradesies.I mean I'm pretty nice, I'd probably do it anyway, but I'm on a mission here too.

I have ultra-rare (as in '1934 grainy Loch Ness Monster photo' rare) footage from the Calgary show of the vague Matthew Good Band (yes there used to be a "Band") song called "Load Me Up" for tradesies. Ullllltra rare......;)

I have ultra-rare (as in '1934 grainy Loch Ness Monster photo' rare) footage from the Calgary show of the vague Matthew Good Band (yes there used to be a "Band") song called "Load Me Up" for tradesies. Ullllltra rare......;)

There was a Band? *le gasp*

Haha

• Upvote 1