Crusader

Chaotic Neutral 2015/2016 Tour Dates

*Comes out of hiding* Love the new album and can't wait for the 9th at the Marquee. It's the same venue that I first saw MG back in 2004 for the WLRRR tour. This will be my 4th MG concert. The opportunity to hear Police Cars, Carmelina, A Single Explosion and the new songs live will be a real treat.

• Upvote 1

19 songs. What an awesome tour this has been so far!

All You Sons and Daughters
No Liars
Load Me Up
Alert Status Red
Cold Water
A Single Explosion
Born Losers
Moment
Army of Lions
Kid Down The Well
Everything is Automatic
Advertising On Police Cars
Los Alamos
Apparitions
Weapon

Cloudbusting
Carmelina
Hello Time Bomb
Giant

Right?!?! I feel like they're going that extra mile this time round! Pulling out all the stops and what not. This is the best tour experience I've ever had. Probably the new label? So much stuff! So much social media! So much fun! And the interaction with the crowd. I can't handle this tour. So good.

• Upvote 1

Yes Definitely my favourite full band shows dating back to 2008.  I wasn't overly impressed in Victoria to open to tour, maybe the band was tired from the blitz of learning all the material, or they were still feeling each other out.  but the Nanaimo and Vancouver shows were definitely peaks for me of the many shows I've seen.  

Guest Idioteque

I'm sure they could have had enough time to practice it, doesn't seem like that hard of a song. Worst comes to worst Matt & Holly could just sing holding the lyric sheets lol.

Matt did that on the LOES tour with Running For Home. Made a fan hold up the lyrics while he sang it haha.

Holly has been sick though; no such luck. As promised though, I did take a video of it. The whole thing. And no one is standing in front of me cause I was at the front ;)

My phone won't upload it until I'm connected to wifi, but in due time. Will post link under tour video thread.#igotchu

Guest Idioteque

Terrible timing for Holly to get sick lol. Why couldn't she have gotten sick tomorrow!

I'm sure at her worst she's the best though, I hold her up there with Florance as some of the best female singers ever.

I think one of the difficulties of Flight Recorder is that it's in Drop D-flat tuning and guitar(s) would have to be set up specifically for it. I think, unlike Carmelina, which is in the same tuning on AoB, but has been rearranged for live play, Flight Recorder would lose a lot of substance without that lower end sound.

Okay. So last night's show should have been so good. The band was great. The venue was weird, and small, but cool enough. We had the misfortune however of having these two girls who talked to us in line, and seemed fine enough at first, get super drunk and it was really horrible. This one girl didn't even know who she was coming to see, had never heard of Matt before, and then got pissed off when we wouldn't shove over uncomfortably so she could be right at the front (even though they had be leaving the crowd and coming back the entire time before Matt's set and not trying to get themselves a front spot or anything). When we wouldn't move for her, she got all pissy and literally spent the entire show from about one or two songs in, pushing us, elbowing our heads, putting up her middle finger directly behind us, talking loudly, so so loudly, and just being a bitch. I turned around to see her pretending like she was going to pour her drink on Kelly, and a minute or two later she did pour water on me. It was fucking ridiculous. Never in my life have I experienced this at a concert. I've run into shitty drunk people but never any that targeted me the entire concert. After the water she continued on the way it had been the whole show and I finally lost it. I turned around the tell her to shut the fuck up and get her shit together, and she still ran her mouth. When I turned around she pushed me again. And that was it. I turned back around and pushed the rest of her water on her. This bitch was crazy. There was no security anywhere either. It was really hard not to let this bitch ruin the whole thing. (Oh side note, when Matt came out stage left for Lions [we were stage right] this bitch who didn't even know who he was pushed her way through everyone and put her hands all over his face and stuff.) Anyway, all this happening and Blake saw everything. He made a point to specifically come over to us and shake our hands and say it was so nice to see us (and apparently, he told them to fuck off also, but I didn't see that while I was shaking his hand lol, but he said he did). 

such an infuriating ordeal.

However, Stu passed me a pick when I was looking pretty aggravated. James did hook me up with Matt's setlist for the night. Blue Skies Over Badlands got played as the encore closer. So it all wasn't so bad overall.

I just want to thank everyone on the tour: Matt, Blake, Stu, Bones, James, Sean, George, J(g?)illian, and all of Team MG. This overall has been the best and most inclusive tour experience I've had so far. I also got to go the most shows I ever could which was pretty wicked. I'm pretty sure this is it for me for this tour. but who knows. I might try to make Hamilton work. 

Now here's the best part. After the show we were hanging around having smokes and trying to shake off those darn girls. Stu and Bones invited us to the Grizzly (or whatever Bear name it had, I think it was that the sign was literally a giant bear head) to grab a drink before the bus headed out at 3. Which was really cool. Stu asked what happened because Blake had told him about those girls when they got off stage before encore. So we got to debrief on that. Blake and the rest of the crew al joined a bit later too (Matt stayed on the bus). It was really cool. I really appreciate it. Blake toasted "Fuck those bitches" for us. He actually said they were making *him* so made he contemplated getting off drums to tell them to fuck off. So once again, it pays to be nice and respectful and polite because people remember you. And they look out for you. 

That really helped end it on a high note.

Edited by emmit643

Okay. So last night's show should have been so good. The band was great. The venue was weird, and small, but cool enough. We had the misfortune however of having these two girls who talked to us in line, and seemed fine enough at first, get super drunk and it was really horrible. This one girl didn't even know who she was coming to see, had never heard of Matt before, and then got pissed off when we wouldn't shove over uncomfortably so she could be right at the front (even though they had be leaving the crowd and coming back the entire time before Matt's set and not trying to get themselves a front spot or anything). When we wouldn't move for her, she got all pissy and literally spent the entire show from about one or two songs in, pushing us, elbowing our heads, putting up her middle finger directly behind us, talking loudly, so so loudly, and just being a bitch. I turned around to see her pretending like she was going to pour her drink on Kelly, and a minute or two later she did pour water on me. It was fucking ridiculous. Never in my life have I experienced this at a concert. I've run into shitty drunk people but never any that targeted me the entire concert. After the water she continued on the way it had been the whole show and I finally lost it. I turned around the tell her to shut the fuck up and get her shit together, and she still ran her mouth. When I turned around she pushed me again. And that was it. I turned back around and pushed the rest of her water on her. This bitch was crazy. There was no security anywhere either. It was really hard not to let this bitch ruin the whole thing. (Oh side note, when Matt came out stage left for Lions [we were stage right] this bitch who didn't even know who he was pushed her way through everyone and put her hands all over his face and stuff.) Anyway, all this happening and Blake saw everything. He made a point to specifically come over to us and shake our hands and say it was so nice to see us (and apparently, he told them to fuck off also, but I didn't see that while I was shaking his hand lol, but he said he did). 

such an infuriating ordeal.

I just want to thank everyone on the tour: Matt, Blake, Stu, Bones, James, Sean, George, J(g?)illian, and all of Team MG. This overall has been the best and most inclusive tour experience I've had so far. I also got to go the most shows I ever could which was pretty wicked. I'm pretty sure this is it for me for this tour. but who knows. I might try to make So once again, it pays to be nice and respectful and polite because people remember you. And they look out for you. 

That really helped end it on a high note.

Geez... What hard core fans have to go through. You're a trooper to put up with all of that. I don't know what I would have done in that situation. I'm glad to hear good karma came back to you. I honestly don't know how you do it, winning all that stuff and snagging all those setlists, drumsticks, guitar picks, etc. You're a lucky girl. It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. 

Edited by girl

Guest Idioteque

Wow what a way to end your tour experience lol. I've been to some hardcore shows so i feel your pain. Happy to hear the band noticed this incident, i wonder if Matt did as well. So did you ever end up meeting Matt during any of your Behind The Venue adventures?