Crusader

Chaotic Neutral 2015/2016 Tour Dates

Wow what a way to end your tour experience lol. I've been to some hardcore shows so i feel your pain. Happy to hear the band noticed this incident, i wonder if Matt did as well. So did you ever end up meeting Matt during any of your Behind The Venue adventures?

While we were outside in Kingston he did Coke outside to get to the bus. When he did I was like almost startled that we actually saw him cause he's kind of Polkaroo-ish in that you might just miss him every time. (In Toronto I saw him head off across the street somewhere before the rest of the band even came out) but since he was right there this time, I thanked him for the show, said it was great and he said thanks and went to the bus. That's about it lol. He even said he doesn't really leave the bus much. And I mean the tour's almost over and everyone's tired. I'm not the type to impose in any way. I wouldn't want to be in a bunch of pictures if I was exhausted, so I didn't ask any of the guys. It was cool enough just to be there.

Although if Matt ever did wanna chill that would also be really cool.

I have to agree that this has been the best tour I've been to in a long time. Everybody just seems to gel so well now. Matt looks like he's found a new side of himself and seems rejuvenated. It really adds to the whole experience. Very friendly with the crowds in the banter. It's not exactly the most personal thing, but it certainly feels like it when he goes into the crowd and gets everyone involved. I dunno, these shows just went perfect.

The setlists were done really well, and even though it's exclusively an all singles setlist aside from the CN stuff, it all works really well. It all plays to the audience and comes across so well.

I got to go to all 3 shows in Toronto, won a couple prizes, did the VIP thing, and it was spectacular. Met a couple people from the board here and ended up not leaning against the wall at the back and instead got right into the thick of it, something I haven't done for a GA show in a while.

All in all, it was great. No, Matt doesn't interact with everyone after shows like he used to, but you have to figure with the VIP stuff and all the signed merch you can straight up buy at the booth, it's a good way to cut that portion of the night out. I understand some people still want to meet him, probably thank him and let him know how he's impacted them, but there's still room for that in emails, one offs behind the venue, and even here on the board sometimes.

Again, great couple of days. Exhausting, but worth it.

I have to agree that this has been the best tour I've been to in a long time. Everybody just seems to gel so well now. Matt looks like he's found a new side of himself and seems rejuvenated. It really adds to the whole experience. Very friendly with the crowds in the banter. It's not exactly the most personal thing, but it certainly feels like it when he goes into the crowd and gets everyone involved. I dunno, these shows just went perfect.

The setlists were done really well, and even though it's exclusively an all singles setlist aside from the CN stuff, it all works really well. It all plays to the audience and comes across so well.

I got to go to all 3 shows in Toronto, won a couple prizes, did the VIP thing, and it was spectacular. Met a couple people from the board here and ended up not leaning against the wall at the back and instead got right into the thick of it, something I haven't done for a GA show in a while.

All in all, it was great. No, Matt doesn't interact with everyone after shows like he used to, but you have to figure with the VIP stuff and all the signed merch you can straight up buy at the booth, it's a good way to cut that portion of the night out. I understand some people still want to meet him, probably thank him and let him know how he's impacted them, but there's still room for that in emails, one offs behind the venue, and even here on the board sometimes.

Again, great couple of days. Exhausting, but worth it.

Agreed. The best.

I imagine for Matt a lot of it nowadays is a health concern. Seems every tour prior to Vancouver (which seems to be when he really stopped the after show signing bits) we heard about him getting sick.

I was goin to say maybe the whole I'm and a dad and have a family thing might play into it too. And I imagine living on a bus for weeks is pretty exhausting. Not the best sleep.

Besides, if everyone else goes out, they all sleep on that bus, it's not that big, he'd maybe still get sick anyway. That's pretty close quarters for 12 people for weeks on end.

I bet it's a real test of group dynamics too. Though everyone from what I've encountered has been pretty darn chill and awesome, so.

His sarcoidosis is probably a major concern too. I would imagine shaking hands is discouraged.

Didn't realize!

Side note: some things lined up well for me....soooooo I'm going to one more show! #London

**just noticed my earlier post which can no longer be edited but it should read "he did *come* outside" not coke. not coke at all.

Edited by emmit643

Didn't realize!

Side note: some things lined up well for me....soooooo I'm going to one more show! #London

**just noticed my earlier post which can no longer be edited but it should read "he did *come* outside" not coke. not coke at all.

Haha. This made me laugh at work today. I was hoping he wasnt doing coke! Especially since I have a 450 mile drive next week to catch his show.

Haha yeeaaaah. That typo was all me.

Which show are you going to?

Hamilton, ON. I've never been there before except driving through. From what I've read there's not much to "see" there. I'm taking my wife on the trip so I'm hoping she will enjoy the show. She's only tagged along to the acoustic tour back in 2012, so this will be her first full band show and my second. This will be my first trip to see MG in Canada as I've seen him three times in the US. Looking forward to it. Hoping to check out some cool sites along the way. Maybe someone here knows a good brewery or two nearby? The only one I know of is Steam Whistle. I'm glad to hear the glowing reviews of this tour. I'd hate to drive eight hours and be disappointed.

Hamilton, ON. I've never been there before except driving through. From what I've read there's not much to "see" there. I'm taking my wife on the trip so I'm hoping she will enjoy the show. She's only tagged along to the acoustic tour back in 2012, so this will be her first full band show and my second. This will be my first trip to see MG in Canada as I've seen him three times in the US. Looking forward to it. Hoping to check out some cool sites along the way. Maybe someone here knows a good brewery or two nearby? The only one I know of is Steam Whistle. I'm glad to hear the glowing reviews of this tour. I'd hate to drive eight hours and be disappointed.

Oh cool! When we were deciding to add one last show we debated between Hamilton and London. Went with London because it's general admission so we can get to the front. Hamilton is assigned seating. However, I will say that when we were talking with the band at the bar Bones was telling us to come out to Hamilton because it's the last full band show of the tour and its "gonna be something". So there you go. From the mouth of Bones Hillman. Are you guys doing VIP? You don't have passes already get to Hamilton before 10am if you can. The tour challenge is like the amazing race when it's not your own city. Super fun. Plus you win 2 VIP passes.

Oh cool! When we were deciding to add one last show we debated between Hamilton and London. Went with London because it's general admission so we can get to the front. Hamilton is assigned seating. However, I will say that when we were talking with the band at the bar Bones was telling us to come out to Hamilton because it's the last full band show of the tour and its "gonna be something". So there you go. From the mouth of Bones Hillman. Are you guys doing VIP? You don't have passes already get to Hamilton before 10am if you can. The tour challenge is like the amazing race when it's not your own city. Super fun. Plus you win 2 VIP passes.

See you in London!!

Nickel Brook is pretty good.  Never been to the brewery but their beer is pretty good.  http://www.nickelbrook.com/  They're in Burlington though, so easier than going to Steamwhistle.  From what I've heard though, the Steamwhistle tour is great.

See you in London!!

Awesome! You have Twitter? If so, message me day of! My username here is the same on Twitter! I'm not sure what time we're rolling into London but we're definitely going to be there to line up early #teamfrontofthestage

My friend goes to school in Hamilton, here's her recommendations : Oh yes. I know places to eat galore! Bean Bar, Bread Bar, Naroma, The Ship, Mezcal, and Koi. Those are my favourite places to eat in Hamilton. As for things to do, they should check out the trails through Cootes Paradise and if they have a car there are sooo many waterfalls in the area. For the nightlife, Hess Village is the main "clubbing" area and Augusta street has a bunch of bars. Hope this helps!

Have fun in the Hams!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I've done Toronto sightseeing but this will be my first official trip to Hamilton. Is Steam Whistle regularly available at distributors and what not in the Ontario area? I'm thinking of bringing a case back because I was impressed with it.

Yup. Sure is. Beer Store. I think LCBO too.

Well Quebec city was something on a whole different level ! Preface this by saying this was my 29 MG show and i had been at rhe Ottawa Show at the NAC . That place was packed no clue how much that venue holds but i was surprised at how many people were there

Quebec city , what if i told you there was Maybe 50 People !!!! It was at a Place called Dagobert and they still pit in a heck of a show it was the weirdest thing i've been a part of i can just imagine how it must of felt fo the band and crew

I had seen Matt in Qc during when Mother Mother open up for him and at that place it was also a small venue but it was packed and i remember him mentioning during that show that he knew he wasn't well known in QC but that he liked to stop here anyway on his tours

I have a bunch of videos that i took but i felt weird as i came to the show alone after a week long meeting in Montreal just decided that since i loved Chaotic Neutral and the Ottawa showso much to drive up to catch this one in a small venue

This was basically having Matt playing full out in the living room !! Just to give you an idea the Bassist ahook everyone's band after the show and it took him less then 2 minutes !!

Well Quebec city was something on a whole different level ! Preface this by saying this was my 29 MG show and i had been at rhe Ottawa Show at the NAC . That place was packed no clue how much that venue holds but i was surprised at how many people were there

Quebec city , what if i told you there was Maybe 50 People !!!! It was at a Place called Dagobert and they still pit in a heck of a show it was the weirdest thing i've been a part of i can just imagine how it must of felt fo the band and crew

I had seen Matt in Qc during when Mother Mother open up for him and at that place it was also a small venue but it was packed and i remember him mentioning during that show that he knew he wasn't well known in QC but that he liked to stop here anyway on his tours

I have a bunch of videos that i took but i felt weird as i came to the show alone after a week long meeting in Montreal just decided that since i loved Chaotic Neutral and the Ottawa showso much to drive up to catch this one in a small venue

This was basically having Matt playing full out in the living room !! Just to give you an idea the Bassist ahook everyone's band after the show and it took him less then 2 minutes !!

Wow! That's kind of awesome. I went to the Ottawa show in like I wanna say 2005 that was only 50 people at Zaphods and that was pretty darn rad. It was solo acoustic. I wonder what it would be like full band. Now you get to be part of like the exclusive Quebec club. Did anyone buy Bones' signed Midnight Oil record yet? lol

Peterborough tonight was amazing.

Having seen Alvvays last night at the Danforth, I think I made the right call. Showplace is a really great venue - good lights, good sound. Crowd was solid, if maybe a bit rowdy at times.

THIS BAND. This was as much of a rock show as I've ever seen out of Matt, and maybe the first where the MGB era felt comfortable. I have a soft spot for the 2011 lineup (loved that tour), but this might be Matt's best band. (Man, I miss Tony, though.) They sounded absolutely fantastic.

Pretty similar setlist to the last few shows. Bonus: NO TIME BOMB. (I kinda wish Matt would retire it, honestly.)

The one weird moment: Matt came out into the crowd during Girls in Black (the last song). While he was singing, people came up to him and were kind of all over him. He was close to screaming the last part of the song. I couldn't tell if it was just his usual emotion, or if he was bothered by it. When he stepped back on stage, he went straight for backstage - no crowd wave or thank you's - he left the band to finish. Maybe it was fine, but I couldn't help but wonder if he was okay. (At times during the show, he seemed a little distant.)

But huge thumbs up from me on the whole.

The one weird moment: Matt came out into the crowd during Girls in Black (the last song). While he was singing, people came up to him and were kind of all over him. He was close to screaming the last part of the song. I couldn't tell if it was just his usual emotion, or if he was bothered by it. When he stepped back on stage, he went straight for backstage - no crowd wave or thank you's - he left the band to finish. Maybe it was fine, but I couldn't help but wonder if he was okay. (At times during the show, he seemed a little distant.)

But huge thumbs up from me on the whole.

This is how he was in Barrie. He came into the crowd for Lions and Girls, girls being the closer. You could tell he was going to because he ditched the guitar and it was almost le he was preparing for it mentally or something, kind of in a zone so to speak. When he left the stage initially for Girls, it almost looked like he stumbled or fell and was out of sight for more than a few moments, I was a little concerned. But he appeared again and climbed up the stairs surrounded by fans who were all over him, snapping photos, etc. He definitely screamed out the last bits and it was very powerful. After that he came back and collapsed on the stage screaming "girls in black" through the instrumental outro, on his knees, head and body on the floor. As soon as it was over, he left the stage without a word.

I didn't need words, the performance of that song was more than enough for me.

This is how he was in Barrie. He came into the crowd for Lions and Girls, girls being the closer. You could tell he was going to because he ditched the guitar and it was almost le he was preparing for it mentally or something, kind of in a zone so to speak. When he left the stage initially for Girls, it almost looked like he stumbled or fell and was out of sight for more than a few moments, I was a little concerned. But he appeared again and climbed up the stairs surrounded by fans who were all over him, snapping photos, etc. He definitely screamed out the last bits and it was very powerful. After that he came back and collapsed on the stage screaming "girls in black" through the instrumental outro, on his knees, head and body on the floor. As soon as it was over, he left the stage without a word.

I didn't need words, the performance of that song was more than enough for me.

Girls is such an epic closer. I only got it in Toronto but it's fantastic.

Awesome! You have Twitter? If so, message me day of! My username here is the same on Twitter! I'm not sure what time we're rolling into London but we're definitely going to be there to line up early #teamfrontofthestage

Following you now.  

My hopes are high for tonight's show.  He missed the London date last tour due to illness so it's been awhile since I've seen him.  From the videos everyone has shared, it sounds like the band is playing really well together.  Should be a good show.  Wish I wasn't working and was able to do the tour challenge this morning.

Following you now.

My hopes are high for tonight's show. He missed the London date last tour due to illness so it's been awhile since I've seen him. From the videos everyone has shared, it sounds like the band is playing really well together. Should be a good show. Wish I wasn't working and was able to do the tour challenge this morning.

So far all the week day ones for the most part have been completed later during the day, with maybe the exception of Ottawa because #iplayhard but you might still have a shot at the tour challenge anyway. Since a lot of people do generally have jobs during the day. But who knows. It's a college town. So maybe they don't. I'd say just keep your eyes peeled.