Crusader

Chaotic Neutral 2015/2016 Tour Dates

Guest Idioteque

I would trade anything to hear more Vancouver songs this tour too. Also I never really cared for Milos, he's a great performer but he never really did anything live. I've always had my seats on his side of the stage and would look up once in awhile to what I interpret as boredom.

I've always enjoyed every other musician on stage though, which is why I specifically bought a seat on the lead guitarist's side when I heard Stu's back.

I was thinking more along the lines of Milos' personality, and keeping the boys upbeat and loose throughout the tour, and also having a positive effect on Matt, since they seem to be pretty good friends.

But in terms of stage presence -- you're absolutely right. While he was hitting his notes, he'd often be flat-footed and looking like he was just going through the motions (surprising, given his seemingly extroverted personality). While on the other side Jimmy would be working up a sweat just shreading away. Granted, guitarists are usually more reserved than bassists.

I'm thinking Milos' lack of enthusiasm might be because he's normally used to playing slower and softer R&B and jazz. That's obviously a lot different than performing a rock stage show. Although Anthony has the same musical background and he usually looked like he was having a blast up there. I think his key playing really added a cool dimension to Matt's live tunes.

If I was on Twitter I'd ask Matt for more Vancouver songs this tour. But alas, we'll just have to hope.

Yeah I wasn't sure if I was going to do Corona Theatre or not, but there was no VIP for the NAC so I had to (because I've been saying I'd buy a VIP ticket for years, and missed out every time). I saw him in at the Corona Theatre for the Arrows tour. It's a great venue. And the ticket is general admission, so VIP was *that* expensive (still kind of expensive)

Where abouts are you sitting for the NAC? I'm row DD seat 31 I think.

Great seats! We have AA, 5 & 7,I bought them as soon as the fan sale started. So we are in the seventh row (the 6 front rows were not for sale when I bought) and you are only 3 rows further back. Should be great, the acoustics in the NAC are excellent, it's a great venue.

Great seats! We have AA, 5 & 7,I bought them as soon as the fan sale started. So we are in the seventh row (the 6 front rows were not for sale when I bought) and you are only 3 rows further back. Should be great, the acoustics in the NAC are excellent, it's a great venue.

I think you might have row A then. There is no AA. Southam Hall starts at BB. Cause DD is third row. I looked at the map. I think BB and CC were reserved for Amex front of the line. Cause I legit couldn't get better than DD sans amex. I actually bought row FF the first day of presale, and saw the next day that there was a seat in DD and I called up ticketmaster very angry, saying "I trusted you when you said best available! I bought Row FF when there was DD" so they switched it for me even though it was final sale. I don't mess around when it comes to my tickets.

And I agree. I really like the NAC as a concert venue.

I saw City and Colour there last year, and Buck 65. Phenomenal.

And of course, when he was here last I saw Matt Good there too.

Edited by emmit643

I think you might have row A then. There is no AA. Southam Hall starts at BB. Cause DD is third row. I looked at the map. I think BB and CC were reserved for Amex front of the line. Cause I legit couldn't get better than DD sans amex. I actually bought row FF the first day of presale, and saw the next day that there was a seat in DD and I called up ticketmaster very angry, saying "I trusted you when you said best available! I bought Row FF when there was DD" so they switched it for me even though it was final sale. I don't mess around when it comes to my tickets.

And I agree. I really like the NAC as a concert venue.

I saw City and Colour there last year, and Buck 65. Phenomenal.

And of course, when he was here last I saw Matt Good there too.

The last times was the Lights tour, I was there too!

I went to Kingston and Brockville for the Arrows tour as Matt didn't come to Ottawa for that one.

The last times was the Lights tour, I was there too!

I went to Kingston and Brockville for the Arrows tour as Matt didn't come to Ottawa for that one.

Oh I went to Kingston too. Grand Theatre was uppity. You couldn't stand. Except when Load Me Up was played.

Matt did come for HOPE Volleyball in Ottawa before the arrows tour kicked off though. I got Jimmy's set list from that one. and one of Matt's extra guitar picks. They weren't going to give the set lists, and I called out pretty please to Lance, so he passed it to security and told them to give it to me. And security pointed to some other person and was like "they asked first" and Lance was like "no. Her." and pointed to me. It was great. Love ya, Lance! ;)

I'm surprised Anthony isn't going to be on the tour.  Any guesses to who could be replacing him?  Milos seems pretty busy these days, so it's not really shocking.

I'm glad Stu is going to be back this time around.  I like Jimmy, and he's even better live, but I prefer Stu.  Hoping for more Vancouver tracks this time around.  Great Whales of the Sea especially please!

Guest Idioteque

I've always wondered why Matt never plays Us Remains Impossible, you'd think that single would be treated like Load Me Up or Weapon. I don't think he's ever played it outside of the Vancouver album tour.

Damn 3rd Toronto show added, hope Vancouver gets another 1 lol.

I've always wondered why Matt never plays Us Remains Impossible, you'd think that single would be treated like Load Me Up or Weapon. I don't think he's ever played it outside of the Vancouver album tour.

Damn 3rd Toronto show added, hope Vancouver gets another 1 lol.

I love that song as well.  It's definitely got a single vibe.  Love that record in general.  

Great Whales of the Sea especially please!

Those two songs and Van. National Anthem are my holy trinity (or holy grails?) of songs I'd like to see performed live. I doubt he'll ever do nat. anthem, partly due to its length, but that's too bad. It might be the strongest socio-political statement he's ever recorded, and that's saying something. It's such a meaningful critique of the city, plus it just rocks the hell out. Whales and Us Remains are great rockers that should be relatively easy to sing and play, so they could easily be sandwiched between some of the more complicated and challenging songs in the set. Alas, I'd settle for just one of them!

Can anyone help me? I still can't buy pit tickets for Dec 17th Hamilton gig :(

It's going to be my first Matt Good concert... I really wanna get good seats.

Sit tight........there's three months until the show. I can almost guarantee you a single ticket will be available somewhere before then. Probably on Stubhub, but keep checking Ticketfly too (as crappy as they are to deal with).

I see (missed that part).......I've had good success waiting out scalpers lately. But who knows if resellers are even bothering with this tour. And I'm not familiar with the venue.....so I suppose there aren't as many floor tickets available as other venues.

Caved and bought tix to all 3 Toronto shows. We'll see how I feel day of, I might be the wallflower at the back of the room or the guy in the middle of the pit. It's been a while since Matt played a GA venue in Toronto, so that'll be interesting.

Yeah, I missed the secret show too. Really disappointing nobody from here won tix. I'd love to see him in a sweaty little club like that. But now I can say I've played on the same stage as Mr Good, so that's kind of neat!

Milos does a lot of producing stuff these days, and this stuff seems to happen once every couple years where Matt just switches it up. I don't think we've seen the same lineup twice in a row since HM/Vancouver, and even then it's different guys coming in to record for those records than what he brings on the road. I enjoyed that about AoD, all the guys who toured with him played the parts on the record (minus Blake). I always did enjoy Milos. I got really used to his parts and his presence.

He's not having problems getting a ticket, just specifically a ticket in the pit.

But honestly man, the longer you wait the more good seats will be sold. Get something in the first 10 rows and you will be golden!

If it were me, I'd pick up one of those seats in the front row balcony.  If first rows downstairs aren't available, that's always an excellent second choice.  (Some venues I actually prefer first row balcony - a clear view of everything and usually really good sound.)  After that, I'd keep poking around for a close seat, and sell the balcony ticket if something better came up.

Yeah, I missed the secret show too. Really disappointing nobody from here won tix. I'd love to see him in a sweaty little club like that. But now I can say I've played on the same stage as Mr Good, so that's kind of neat!

Milos does a lot of producing stuff these days, and this stuff seems to happen once every couple years where Matt just switches it up. I don't think we've seen the same lineup twice in a row since HM/Vancouver, and even then it's different guys coming in to record for those records than what he brings on the road. I enjoyed that about AoD, all the guys who toured with him played the parts on the record (minus Blake). I always did enjoy Milos. I got really used to his parts and his presence.

I laughed when I saw where the show was on Thursday.  By total coincidence, as it was happening, I was at Sonic Boom (just around the corner).  (I think I may have walked by the venue as it was going on.)

Not seeing Midnight Oil is one of my few regrets in my concert-going history.  I'd been thinking about coming up for the Danforth shows, but I'm probably coming up the next weekend and going to Peterborough.  (Has anyone been to the Danforth before?  I'm probably going to see Alvvays the night before the Peterborough show.)

Btw - I think Milos was tied with Ian for longest tenure in Matt's band.

Edited by uglyredhonda

It was a real heartbreaker, for sure. I was pretty close to the Rivoli at the time too. Small world!

The Danforth is a great venue. Used to be a theatre, so even the GA floor is sloped. It's a hybrid of the Queen Elizabeth Theatre and Massey Hall. Can't really go wrong there. It houses large acts while still being a relatively small venue. Not quite as intimate or personal as Massey feels though.

Guest Idioteque

Dang I wish I had a way to get out to Chilliwack, I might have to look & see if the train goes out that far. 

I've been off social media for a day (went to ACDC), any updates on the release of the Indie88 interview?

Also I found this quote in an interview on the 17th, don't know if it was shared but I thought some people would be interested. 

Since he’s already reminiscing, it’s pointed out to Good that this year marks the 20th anniversary of his gold-selling debut: “Last of the Ghetto Astronauts.”While some ’90s rockers have cashed in on revisiting their past hits with tours and reissues, Good shrugs off the notion. “I don’t really think I’d like to play ‘Last of the Ghetto Astronauts’ particularly,” he said. “That doesn’t pique my interest whatsoever. Maybe when ‘Beautiful Midnight’ comes around, maybe I’d think about it, (but) it’s not like we’re getting the band back together or anything.”