Crusader

Chaotic Neutral 2015/2016 Tour Dates

I'm kind of hoping Kingston gets added. I won't die if it doesn't, but that would be another easily accessible show I could go to. Grand Theatre was a little uppity, but not so much that I wouldn't go back.

I also went to the Grand for the Arrows tour and would definitely go back if Kingston gets added. That said I'm really pleased Matt is going to the NAC here in Ottawa, it has fantastic acoustics.

Edited by Cartmanx

I also went to the Grand for the Arrows tour and would definitely go back if Kingston gets added. That said I'm really pleased Matt is going to the NAC here in Ottawa, it has fantastic acoustics.

Oh definitely. By far. The NAC always sounds fantastic. 

I just love seeing Matt live so much that I go to any show that's feasible to travel to. And the novelty of staying in a hotel in Kingston, since there's no midnight bus back like Toronto or Montreal. 

It's the Vogue - upper circle seats aren't bad at all from my experience. Granted I've always been in the first 5 or 6 rows of the upper circle when I've been up there. 

For some reason, at GA shows there, I ALWAYS get the same seat, just to right of the sound booth.

Yeah, you can still see pretty well if I remember right. Kind of regret not getting VIP as I've never tried that before but our economy is so wonderful right now that I need to save more. I hope he still chills out at the back after the shows like he used to. At least I managed to get tickets this time!

I've heavily debated flying up from NYC to Toronto, but I have yet to buy a ticket to one of the 3 shows there...and I kind of don't want to spend the money on a weekend trip right now (my gf would be coming with me).

I dunno...blah.

You guys.

My husband has agreed to take the year off from hosting Thanksgiving so we can go to my hometown, enabling me to catch a show! I am sosososo excited. Logistically, it has to be Barrie. Which I know zero things about. But that's ok, we knew zero things about Belleville in 2009 and it turned out alright. 

So......what's in Barrie? 

• Upvote 1

Still almost two months away but I'm so freaking excited. Already been stashing away money for merch. I'm hoping there's a sick sweater this tour. I've never shelled it out for one yet, but I want one. Fingers crossed! Can't wait to see what the tour poster looks like this year either. So stoked. So so stoked.

• Upvote 1

From what I understand, Matt's backing band for this tour will be Stu, Blake and Bones Hillman.  I think I saw somewhere else on here that Anthony Wright will not be on this tour and there won't be a replacement.  Is anyone else concerned about the lack of someone on piano/keyboards?  Maybe they are bringing someone else and I'm just not aware?

Normally Matt's sets are pretty heavy on the latest release, it seems there are at least a few tracks on Chaotic Neutral that would be pretty hard to play without piano (Cold Water, Herridan, Cloudbusting and maybe Tiger by the Tail).  I'll be interested to see how they make these happen or if they just aren't played.  He obviously intends to play Cloudbusting in Toronto since Holly McNarland is apparently making an appearance, maybe she will be playing the piano parts in that case?  Non Populus would also be hard to play without piano and that's been staple in Matt's sets since LOES came out.

I know they went without anyone on piano for the tour following the release of Vancouver, but that was a less piano heavy album.

I think I saw somewhere else on here that Anthony Wright will not be on this tour and there won't be a replacement.  Is anyone else concerned about the lack of someone on piano/keyboards?  Maybe they are bringing someone else and I'm just not aware?

Normally Matt's sets are pretty heavy on the latest release, it seems there are at least a few tracks on Chaotic Neutral that would be pretty hard to play without piano (Cold Water, Herridan, Cloudbusting and maybe Tiger by the Tail).  I'll be interested to see how they make these happen or if they just aren't played.

I was curious about this too. I agree with you. Anthony is an awesome keyboard player. He will be missed, if he is not on tour this year. I remember his keyboard playing especially during Weapon and Hello Time Bomb. He made those songs sound even better live. I never liked the song Hello Time Bomb, but after he put his unique flair on it at the Stampede concert I quite enjoyed it. I never thought I would.

I was curious about this too. I agree with you. Anthony is an awesome keyboard player. He will be missed, if he is not on tour this year. I remember his keyboard playing especially during Weapon and Hello Time Bomb. He made those songs sound even better live. I never liked the song Hello Time Bomb, but after he put his unique flair on it at the Stampede concert I quite enjoyed it. I never thought I would.

Also the live version of Garden of Knives....lots of great keys in that song. And I think it's the Calgary Stampede show where he lights up a cigar midway through the song - classic!

Also - wasn't it Anthony who did most of the work compiling/editing the live songs that were released during the AOD tour?

Edited by Prairieboy

Yes it was him who did the Live Road thingy.

What strikes me as odd is the amount of piano on CN... if there's no keyboard player what is he going to do with those? Playback or different arrangements?

I have it on good authority that Matt will be using one of these instead:

BwwnmG8.jpg