Crusader

Chaotic Neutral 2015/2016 Tour Dates

I'm also hoping to hear some stuff off of Vancouver, especially.  I love that album, and the show for that tour is still my favourite.  But I don't think we'll hear much of it, which is a shame, since Stu is back for this time.  Hospital Music is good, but I've heard plenty of it already, and Live From Massey Hall is out there to listen to anytime.

The show I'm going to in London is a club show, which I fear will mean a lot more of the "hits".  I love those songs, but I've heard them many times live.  I'd rather hear some of the lesser known stuff, which is hard for the artist to do.

It is nice to hear most of the new album live.  A lot of artists don't do that.

I'm not sure how many of you guys saw this interview: http://concertaddicts.com/interviews/a-chat-with-matthew-good

Basically he just says that they will not be playing Non Populus this time around.  They'll be playing a full band version of Advertising on Police Cars and bringing back Blue Skies Over Badlands.  They might work in Champions of Nothing at some point in the tour as well.  Here is what he said:

"I always focus on what I’ve just put out, mostly. Umm, you have to make hard choices, ’cause I don’t play for three and half hours a night, and that kind of thing. So you have to make some hard choices when going back in the catalog and deciding what your going to do. For example one of my favourites to always play live is, since Lights [of Endangered Species] came out, is always Non Populus, but I kind of made the crunch choice on this tour to NOT do it, but do Advertising On Police Cars instead, with a band. I think fans will appreciate the difference in those two things. I’ve often done Champions of Nothing too, and we can pick that up in soundchecks too. I’ve decided to go back to doing Blue Skies [Over Bad Lands] because Stu’s just such a damn good lap steel player, and he’s back playing with me and Blake. I mean there is stuff there that we’re going to mess around with, and some things that haven’t been done live really ever, or in a long time, and a lot of new stuff."

That's amazing news.  A full band Advertising is a wishlist item for sure, and always loved Blue Skies live.  Too bad Non Populus won't get the odd airing, it's a great song, although it has been played at most shows over the last couple of tours.  

Guest Idioteque

Wow! I'm so excited now! Im honestly fine with not hearing Non Populus or Shallows Low for a long time. I love the songs but he's played them every show I've seen, they're so long too without them it gives opportunity for other long power house songs to be performed. I still wanna hear Avalanche live at least once.

Champions of Nothing is one of my favorite songs so a chance to hear it in soundcheck is awesome.

Just a heads up, Matt doesn't mean CHampions will only be played in soundchecks, it means because its a relatively easy song to play/learn, the band can pick it up in soundchecks as the tour progresses to be performed live during the show.  

Edited by adam_777

Well then....this just upped the 'stoked' factor for this tour....can't wait for Calgary!!! :)

Are you going to the soundcheck? I hope it's not a snowy blizzard like the last November I went to his concert. My friend didn't come because there were multiple car accidents that day.

Are you going to the soundcheck? I hope it's not a snowy blizzard like the last November I went to his concert. My friend didn't come because there were multiple car accidents that day.

Unfortunately, no sound check. I'm making the 5 1/2 hr drive from Saskatchewan :)

I cannot wait for the Calgary show. This will be my first MG concert!!! Hoping to hear a few favourites. But anything he does play will be just alright!

You'll by amazed by the passion Matt puts into his performance and his singing. No auto tune here, folks.

Unfortunately, no sound check. I'm making the 5 1/2 hr drive from Saskatchewan :)

Wow. That's impressive. That's what you call a dedicated fan.  :)

I'll be driving from Regina to Winnipeg, but we're leaving the day before so hopefully there won't be any problems. My girlfriend has MS so we'll be trying to plan our time wisely to make sure she has a good amount of energy for the concert. So unfortunately I don't think we can really try to take part in the contest and all that, or go to the soundcheck. But I'm happy we'll get to see him this tour, and that she is able to come with me. :)

Wow. That's impressive. That's what you call a dedicated fan.  :)

On the AOD tour there was a show in Saskatoon so that was only a 2 1/2hr drive from where I live. But this isn't my first trip to Calgary....LOES tour show was also a Calgary drive for me to the Jack Singer Hall. Do what you gotta do ;)

You'll by amazed by the passion Matt puts into his performance and his singing. No auto tune here, folks.

Agreed. I've seen him over 20 times (it doesn't sound so crazy when you keep in mind I live near Vancouver ;) ) and he is still my favourite musician to see live. His singing voice is absolutely superb and sounds the same as it does on the albums, if not better.  I'm the one crying at some point - not because I'm star struck, I got over that when I was a teenager, but because I get overwhelmed by the beauty of my favourite songs.  Hope this schmaltzy confession makes you even more excited to see MG live, Konez!  

I am so ecstatic guys!! I may or may not be recording the soundcheck. Looking into getting some gear for that. It'll be the last concert of this year I am going to. Its a great way to end the live shows!! 

Guest Idioteque

For the first time in a looooong time I'm going to stay off the Internet until after the 1st concert (maybe even both shows). I usually research tour setlists/live footage but on Tuesday I saw a band called Parkway Drive & I knew the setlist going in, but they switched it up and randomly played one of my favorite songs just for Vancouver & I felt something I haven't felt in a long time, itfeltgood.jpg

I've been kind of bummed knowing I cheated myself by finding out he would be playing Advertising on Police Cars and Blue Skies Over Badlands (which is like somebody complaining about seeing TV Show spoilers on Facebook, I'm guilty I know).

The upside is knowing MG is such an amazing artist every setlist is usually different each concert so there's always the surprise element, especially with the VIP performances & how he usually has a longer set for the home shows (Vancouver & Toronto).

If it's something as easy as using a recording app on my phone I may audio record or film the VIP session for The Bored. Night 1 I'm in front of Matt 2nd row & Night 2 I'm in front of Stu 2nd row so I'll be taking lots of photos if anything.

Make sure to post setlists here if you go, guys/girls!

On the AOD tour there was a show in Saskatoon so that was only a 2 1/2hr drive from where I live. But this isn't my first trip to Calgary....LOES tour show was also a Calgary drive for me to the Jack Singer Hall. Do what you gotta do ;)

Dang, if I knew someone else from Regina was going to the Saskatoon AOD show I would have asked a favour. I had a VIP ticket for the show but was incredibly ill that weekend and couldn't make the drive, so I never got any of my VIP merchandise, and of course I couldn't get a refund on the ticket. I've tried to contact them (at the time) to get my merch mailed to me somehow if possible, but never heard back from anyone. I wonder if I could have given you my ticket for them to give you my stuff. Sucks that I spent like $150 or whatever and never got a show or anything else. :(

I don't remember Praireboy being on the Bored around the time of the AOD tour, or maybe he was around as a guest and didn't post.

Long time lurker, recent first time post-er. :) Been going to Matt's shows since I first saw MGB at Edgefest '99 in Saskatoon. I think there were only one or 2 tours I've missed....the acoustic tour from the early 2000's (which I'm still totally bummed about) and one other one possibly.

RileyLewis - had I known, I would have helped you out!! Sorry.....

For the first time in a looooong time I'm going to stay off the Internet until after the 1st concert (maybe even both shows). I usually research tour setlists/live footage but on Tuesday I saw a band called Parkway Drive & I knew the setlist going in, but they switched it up and randomly played one of my favorite songs just for Vancouver & I felt something I haven't felt in a long time, itfeltgood.jpg

I've been kind of bummed knowing I cheated myself by finding out he would be playing Advertising on Police Cars and Blue Skies Over Badlands (which is like somebody complaining about seeing TV Show spoilers on Facebook, I'm guilty I know).

The upside is knowing MG is such an amazing artist every setlist is usually different each concert so there's always the surprise element, especially with the VIP performances & how he usually has a longer set for the home shows (Vancouver & Toronto).

If it's something as easy as using a recording app on my phone I may audio record or film the VIP session for The Bored. Night 1 I'm in front of Matt 2nd row & Night 2 I'm in front of Stu 2nd row so I'll be taking lots of photos if anything.

I thought about that too....knowing the setlist in advance takes some of the shine off perhaps. That being said, seeing some fan videos earlier in the AOD tour gave me a sneak peek of Garden of Knives with that ridiculously awesome live intro, so I knew I had to have my camera ready to record that...so cool....

Long time lurker, recent first time post-er. :) Been going to Matt's shows since I first saw MGB at Edgefest '99 in Saskatoon. I think there were only one or 2 tours I've missed....the acoustic tour from the early 2000's (which I'm still totally bummed about) and one other one possibly.

Cool.

Me too basically. I've been to every one of his concert tours since June 2001. I'm surprised I haven't missed one.

Too bad I didn't get 1st or 2nd row for this tour. It took me one hour of trying to finally get pre-sale tickets. There seemed to be a glitch on ticketbreak. Row H will have to do.