Outtahere

History Teacher Sleeve?

I had seen that floating around before but it honestly isn't an accurate representation of the music.  The history teacher demo's are more just Matt not MGB.  He recorded those demo's with other artists  not Dave, Geoff, and Ian  unless I am totally mistaken.

I had seen that floating around before but it honestly isn't an accurate representation of the music.  The history teacher demo's are more just Matt not MGB.  He recorded those demo's with other artists  not Dave, Geoff, and Ian  unless I am totally mistaken.

As far as I know - that's correct. It was Matt with several other musicians...one of whom had a home recording studio and he was the guy who made and sold the bootleg CD's and cassette tapes from those original albums. At one point they all ditched and that's when Ian/Dave/Geoff formed the band with Matt and recorded LOTGA.

That is correct. Matt was a solo artist before LOTGA and changed musicians as he wished, just like he does now. The records "Euphony", "Broken" and "Left of Normal" were made as Matthew Good but he had a band with him and the name "Matthew Good Band" was used on the last pre-LOTGA record called "15 Hours On A September Thursday". In a way, LOTGA was supposed to be in the same vein as the previous ones with Matt recording with Ian and Geoff as well as Dave on some tracks without them being a proper band (which is why there's no pictures of Dave in the sleeve) and was released as MGB (not Matthew Good Band). The difference is that record became popular contrarely to the other ones and radio stations started calling them the Matthew Good Band and the name stuck.

The person who compiled the pre-LOTGA songs under History Teacher wrote "Matthew Good Band" which is not really incorrect given the history and the fact that the Matthew Good Band was not originally just Matt, Ian, Geoff and Dave.