mackie1023

2015 Tour Videos (Merged)

Wow. Holy Holly - especially at the 4-minute mark! These two need to record and tour together all the time, they complement each other so well. Thanks so much for this Emma, you have no idea how much I was looking forward to seeing this!!!

To everyone:

No problemo!!! I freaked out when I heard her voice before they let us in for soundcheck!!!!!! Such a treat live.

• Upvote 1

I wished I lived somewhere closer so that I could get to 2 shows back to back...one to record videos of full songs and the other just to have fun :)  As it was, I made my 5 1/2 trek to Calgary and video'd short bits but not entire songs. Will put the snippets onto my youtube just for the heck of it one of these days.  Thx to everyone who has shared so far!!!

I don't mean to provoke sensationalism, because it may have been for venue use only, but there were signs all around Danforth Music Hall saying something to the effect of " Matthew Good Dec 3, 4, 5 shows being recorded. By entering this venue, you have consented to your likeness being filmed etc etc". Like I said, may have been for venue use only though.

I don't mean to provoke sensationalism, because it may have been for venue use only, but there were signs all around Danforth Music Hall saying something to the effect of " Matthew Good Dec 3, 4, 5 shows being recorded. By entering this venue, you have consented to your likeness being filmed etc etc". Like I said, may have been for venue use only though.

Pretty sure it was for the periscope broadcasts. Cause there weren't any big cameras filming

I filmed All You Sons and Daughers, Kid Down The Well, Cold Water and Cloudbusting from last night's Toronto show. I hope to have those uploaded to YouTube tomorrow and I'll post the links in here. The audio came out great, video not so much because of the lights on stage.

Edited by jackwork

Cloudbusting Toronto Night 3 ft Holly McNarland

http://youtu.be/8zzuJTAQO_k

Amazing video. Thanks a lot!

Crazy to think she helped record the video for Alabama Motel Room over 20 years ago. Them doing the cover for this 20 years later and preforming it live is awesome to see and hear.

The instrumental itself (the climax point near the end) isn't quite as good as the Winnipeg version (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg3znLgCXOM) imo, but it's still incredible none the less. I'm super f-ing glad they ramped it up for the live performances (thanks Matt!). The album version was good, but just doesn't reach or match the intensity of the live work done here. The drumming, Stu's lead guitar licks, and especially Matt's rhythm guitar section that was included, all add so much to the song. It has such a great build to it and is one of the few songs from the album I think is as good or better without the piano (even though I still wish Anthony was with them and even though it would probably sound even better with piano added in too, lol)

aww, the periscope videos are down already

What exactly are, or were, these Periscope videos? And more to the point, why in the Hell would they only leave them up for less than 16 hours...

Kind of an asshole thing to do on Periscope's part, unless they're just fixing them or something. 

Edited by daniel_v

Amazing video. Thanks a lot!

Crazy to think she helped record the video for Alabama Motel Room over 20 years ago. Them doing the cover for this 20 years later and preforming it live is awesome to see and hear.

The instrumental itself (the climax point near the end) isn't quite as good as the Winnipeg version (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg3znLgCXOM) imo, but it's still incredible none the less. I'm super f-ing glad they ramped it up for the live performances (thanks Matt!). The album version was good, but just doesn't reach or match the intensity of the live work done here. The drumming, Stu's lead guitar licks, and especially Matt's rhythm guitar section that was included, all add so much to the song. It has such a great build to it and is one of the few songs from the album I think is as good or better without the piano (even though I still wish Anthony was with them and even though it would probably sound even better with piano added in too, lol)

What exactly are, or were, these Periscope videos? And more to the point, why in the Hell would they only leave them up for less than 16 hours...

Kind of an asshole thing to do on Periscope's part, unless they're just fixing them or something. 

Periscope is a live streaming app. You get notifications when someone you follow is broadcasting. I think in general the way it works are past broadcasts are left up for a little bit, but then disappear. There was one broadcast of one song for each Toronto night. Not sure if they plan on doing it from any more shows after. Though I do hope they do a couple from the acoustic solo shows in Gravenhurst (or whatever that place is called I forget)

Periscope is a live streaming app. You get notifications when someone you follow is broadcasting. I think in general the way it works are past broadcasts are left up for a little bit, but then disappear. There was one broadcast of one song for each Toronto night. Not sure if they plan on doing it from any more shows after. Though I do hope they do a couple from the acoustic solo shows in Gravenhurst (or whatever that place is called I forget)

Interesting. Thanks for the info.

I'm not sure what I think of the concept. I get the idea of appreciating something more when you only have access to it for a little bit, especially in today's day and age where things are very much at everyone's finger tips all the time, but at the same time, leaving something for less than a day is a little extreme and counter intuitive.

If they made it so you could only get the videos once you downloaded the app I might be a little more inclined to bother downloading the app in the first place. 

Edited by daniel_v

Interesting. Thanks for the info.

I'm not sure what I think of the concept. I get the idea of appreciating something more when you only have access to it for a little bit, especially in today's day and age where things are very much at everyone's finger tips all the time, but at the same time, leaving something for less than a day is a little extreme and counter intuitive.

If they made it so you could only get the videos once you downloaded the app I might be a little more inclined to bother downloading the app in the first place. 

That's a great idea actually. Exclusive video content on the app. I mean I downloaded the app the second it got released lol, and have enjoyed some things from it so far such as the album streaming before it came out, the easy access to the tour challenge, and the show check-in/prizes on concert day (I've won 2/3 times so far). But getting exclusive video content would be a big plus.

My laptop charger is frying out on me (battery is crap too), so I only have limited time to upload videos before I have to shut it down to charge it. I have two videos from Saturday's show uploaded so far. I will get new charger this week and upload the rest.

I apologize for shaking in my videos as I was being pushed and/or trying to take photos with my phone while recording on my digital camera.

All You Sons And Daughters (Live Dec. 5 in Toronto)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCyztuJNJYo

Kid Down The Well (Live Dec. 5 in Toronto)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EjlwYJlQrU&feature=youtu.be

Edited by jackwork

Here are my other two videos from the Dec. 5 Toronto show.

Cold Water  (I accidentally hit the stop button while recording the intro, so I merged both clips as one. There is a little hiccup before Matt's vocals start).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9XLUavurI8&feature=youtu.be

Cloudbusting feat. Holly McNarland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrxIKZiWDQ0&feature=youtu.be

Edited by jackwork
  • Upvote 1

Why the hell are people talking so much during Cloudbusting? I can't take it. Sounds beautiful regardless. Holly looks great too!!!

Doesn't even come close to how rude the people were yesterday in Kingston. Ridiculous. Like why come if you just wanna run your mouth the whole time?! Why?!

Very sorry to hear about what happened Emma. I really feel for you. It's a shame there was no security to kick those people out. I'm impressed that you held your ground and stayed in your spot.

As for why they come, speaking from experience I would hazard a guess that they are going out just as an excuse to get drunk. In that mindset you have no respect for the artist on stage nor his or her fans. I very rarely go to club gigs for this reason. And I usually just stay at home now. I feel like sometimes the people at clubs and bars tend to be extremely obnoxious.

It's all good. It was validating that Blake saw what was happening and was pissed off by it too. And I don't think I'll over forget his toast of "Fuck those bitches". These guys are the best.

As for why they come, speaking from experience I would hazard a guess that they are going out just as an excuse to get drunk. In that mindset you have no respect for the artist on stage nor his or her fans. I very rarely go to club gigs for this reason. And I usually just stay at home now. I feel like sometimes the people at clubs and bars tend to be extremely obnoxious.

Tell me about it. I remember this one time I was invited to an intimate Tragically Hip concert at the Whiskey bar through the Hip Club. I recall it being very smoky in the venue. I noticed some cigarette butts on my shoulders after the concert.  I'm short, but still... come on. They were using me as a human ashtray.

Edited by girl