emmit643

Tour Challenge Prizes

Hey, did anyone else who won a tour challenge prize receive theirs yet? I got the email for the download of Baldur's Gate and in the email it said the tour prize pack should already be on its way or something. But mine's not here yet (in Ottawa), not sure where it's shipping out from. The store said their not in charge of the prize packs when I was talking to them about my replacement sweater.

I received one prizepack from Canada Post. It came in a big fed ex box a few days before Christmas. Still waiting on my other prizepack to be delivered though.

Team MG is the best!

So I reached out to ask about the prize package, and they said they were sending it as soon as possible, they were just trying to track me down a Not So Private Banter poster first!!

Customer Service grade: A+++

Love ya team MG!

The prize was supposed to come with a copy of Chaotic Neutral and then also Scott Helman's EP. In place of Scott Helman's EP they seem to have included the sign Vancouver cd.

That's even better!

That's even better!

Agreed! (Plus I already bought Scott Helman's ep on iTunes anyway) Pretty sure I probably received the best prize pack. ;)

That's an awesome care package!  MG's team seems to be stepping it up lately.

Absolutely. They're the best. Contemplating sending a thank you note to the PO box return address, but not sure if it actually goes anyway or not. 

Edited by emmit643

Agreed! (Plus I already bought Scott Helman's ep on iTunes anyway) Pretty sure I probably received the best prize pack. ;)

After 15 consecutive years of seeing Matthew Good / Band in concert, I'm surprised to say it; but, Scott Helman was my favorite opening act out of all of MG's opening acts. The Dears come in at a close second. I don't really remember the other opening acts over the years. I guess they weren't memorable. I do remember Mother Mother and Melissa Auf der Maur though, but I thought they were just "meh".

I would buy Scott Helman's EP just for the two songs "The Lion" and "Cry Cry Cry", but unfortunately I like the live concert versions better. Maybe in the future, I will buy his EP or will wait until I hear some new songs from him.

Edited by girl

Oops, I made a mistake. Stars, at the Sylvan Lake concert, were THE BEST opening act ever for Matthew Good.

(2.) Scott Helman  (3.) The Dears

Edited by girl

After 15 consecutive years of seeing Matthew Good / Band in concert, I'm surprised to say it; but, Scott Helman was my favorite opening act out of all of MG's opening acts. The Dears come in at a close second. I don't really remember the other opening acts over the years. I guess they weren't memorable. I do remember Mother Mother and Melissa Auf der Maur though, but I thought they were just "meh".

I would buy Scott Helman's EP just for the two songs "The Lion" and "Cry Cry Cry", but unfortunately I like the live concert versions better. Maybe in the future, I will buy his EP or will wait until I hear some new songs from him.

Scott Helman has been my favourite so far as well, but I feel he might'be gotten an unfair bias from me because I just ended up seeing so many of the shows lol. He's really talented though, I definitely enjoyed his sets and his EP. I actually leaned 2 of his songs (Machine and The Lion) to cover as well and have been playing them live at open mics. Machine is on my SoundCloud too.

I will say though I also really enjoyed Mother Mother from '09. I actually just got to meet them last summer backstage at Bluesfest too.

Gentlemen Husbands were all right too. But other than these 3, I don't remember too many other openers. To be honest, sometimes if it's assigned seating I don't show up for the opener.

Ew and once at Bluesfest fairly recently, Matt was on before Great Big Sea. I won't say opener cause what the hell. But that crowd was super annoying cause a lot of them were just there for Great Big Sea, and were like "who's Matthew Good?". Lucky I got there before most those chumps and was right at the front. The camera guy kept putting me on the screens too haha. Some lady who had been saying how she had no idea who she was screamed for the set list after which was also annoying. And then, I left before Great Big Sea came on cause I just really don't like them. I think that's the only time I saw Matt and he wasn't the headliner.

Oops, I made a mistake. Stars, at the Sylvan Lake concert, were THE BEST opening act ever for Matthew Good.

(2.) Scott Helman  (3.) The Dears

Stars are amazing!  I just saw them for the first time in October in Madison, WI (i live around here).  Great concert, great sound.  Afterwards, my friends and I met Torq and Amy outside the venue.  They were really nice.  I probably haven't been that stoked since the couple of times I've met MG.

After 15 consecutive years of seeing Matthew Good / Band in concert, I'm surprised to say it; but, Scott Helman was my favorite opening act out of all of MG's opening acts. The Dears come in at a close second. I don't really remember the other opening acts over the years. I guess they weren't memorable. I do remember Mother Mother and Melissa Auf der Maur though, but I thought they were just "meh".

Over the last twelve years, I have seen these bands as openers for Matt:

2003-The Dears

2004-Wil

2004- Limblifter/Auf der Maur

2005/2006- Ladies and Gentlemen

2007-Dala

2008- The Spades

2009- Mother Mother (this and the last one might be in reverse order)

2011- Daniel Wesley

2015- Scott Helman

But yeah, there's a few more in there I probably forget...a couple of those tours I went to multiple shows.

2003-The Dears

2004-Wil

2007-Dala

2008- The Spades

2011- Daniel Wesley

2015- Scott Helman

But yeah, there's a few more in there I probably forget...a couple of those tours I went to multiple shows.

Oh yeah! I forgot about Dala. I liked them too. Bought their cd.

2003-The Dears

2004-Wil

2007-Dala

2008- The Spades

2011- Daniel Wesley

2015- Scott Helman

You have a good memory. Oh yeah, Wil. He was really good too. The Spades don't ring a bell though.

I liked The Spades.  Don't know if they're still around.  I also bought Dala's CD.  That was the first MG show I had been to.  Not a fan of Daniel Wesley or Mother Mother.

Gentlemen Husbands were all right too. 

When did they open for MG?  I've seen them play with The Reason.  I thought they had a cool sound too.

I liked The Spades.  Don't know if they're still around.  I also bought Dala's CD.  That was the first MG show I had been to.  Not a fan of Daniel Wesley or Mother Mother.

When did they open for MG?  I've seen them play with The Reason.  I thought they had a cool sound too.

For the Arrows of Desire tour. I got to see them in Montreal, but my stupid greyhound to Kingston got lost (I kid you not) at least 4 times (might've been 5) so I missed them play. They weren't bad though, pretty enjoyable. Did not pursue listening to them after though tbh.

Dala are wonderful. I saw them at a church in Vancouver for a wonderful intimate acoustic show as well as with Stuart Mclean's Vinyl Café tour.

I also love The Dears who some friends and I got wasted with after an MG show in Victoria back when I was young and fancy-free.

Dala are indeed wonderful. I bought their album after the concert. Actually, I happened to go to Teacher's College with one of the Dala girls' (Sheila) brother. Small world indeed.