Guest Idioteque

Upcoming Concerts

Lightning striking twice withing 12 months for me.  I am seeing The Afghan Whigs again.  They are co-headling with Built To Spill.  The concert is 4/11/18 and no less right here in Madison, WI about 20 mins from my house!  I purchased the VIP package.  Its going to be another amazing night!

I've added I Mother Earth and Finger Eleven on Saturday April 28th here in Edmonton to my concert list now

so now I've got:

Saturday, February 24th - Big Wreck

Tuesday, March 27th - Matthew Good & Our Lady Peace

Thursday, March 29th - Lights

Saturday, April 28th - I Mother Earth & Finger Eleven (Acoustic/Q&A + Full show)

Tuesday, September 4th - Foo Fighters

Feels crazy to have this many shows to go to that I have money for buying tickets to for once haha

Thanks to this thread I saw that Big Wreck was touring for their "In Loving Memory Of..." album and that concert was last night.  This is the first of two shows they are playing in Edmonton and this was a sold out performance too.   

Here are some links to the full concert (Dimeadozen) and song sample (SounCloud):

• Upvote 1

Thanks to this thread I saw that Big Wreck was touring for their "In Loving Memory Of..." album and that concert was last night.  This is the first of two shows they are playing in Edmonton and this was a sold out performance too.

Thanks for getting it uploaded so fast! Show was amazing!

bigwreckfeb242018-2.jpg

I saw theory open for OLP in 2005 or 2006 at  a small college in PA.  It was right when their 2nd album came out.  They put on a hell of a live show. I was impressed and bought their cd's from them after the show. Really cool guys. I haven't heard any of the new stuff but the first 3 albums are great.

I'm actually debating giving the tickets away.  The setup for this concert is ridiculous.  It's at the end of a field, and they literally bottle you into the park.  A friend of mine is having a stag & doe and are looking for raffle prizes.

I've seen Rise Against, and for once being my favourite band, they're not nearly as good as they used to be.  Three Days Grace doesn't sound the same without Adam anymore.  I'm still debating whether or not to go.

I'm actually debating giving the tickets away.  The setup for this concert is ridiculous.  It's at the end of a field, and they literally bottle you into the park.  A friend of mine is having a stag & doe and are looking for raffle prizes.

I've seen Rise Against, and for once being my favourite band, they're not nearly as good as they used to be.  Three Days Grace doesn't sound the same without Adam anymore.  I'm still debating whether or not to go.

I went to an outdoor concert last year with this set up - City and Colour and Blue Rodeo etc. It was terrible. I can understand your reservations.

• Upvote 1

I went to an outdoor concert last year with this set up - City and Colour and Blue Rodeo etc. It was terrible. I can understand your reservations.

It's not a great way to enjoy a concert.  You have to try to work your way up to the front over and over.  

I saw the Hip and Kathleen Edwards at the same location 10 years ago.  I went because it was the Hip, but it wasn't a great experience.

It's not a great way to enjoy a concert.  You have to try to work your way up to the front over and over.  

I saw the Hip and Kathleen Edwards at the same location 10 years ago.  I went because it was the Hip, but it wasn't a great experience.

Yeah, I gave up and didn't bother with drinking that day. That didn't stop a litany of other folks from almost constantly and drunkenly barge past. It was so difficult to get to the washrooms that this one really drunk girl asked if me and my friend would mind it if she peed on the ground beside us.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I gave up and didn't bother with drinking that day. That didn't stop a litany of other folks from almost constantly and drunkenly barge past. It was so difficult to get to the washrooms that this one really drunk girl asked if me and my friend would mind it if she peed on the ground beside us.

What an experience! lol

On 7/11/2018 at 12:36 PM, foats said:

Saw Weezer/Pixies/Wombats last night. Great show. Will have the Weezer recording available hopefully by end of the week.

NICE.  Heard a lot of good things about that show and tour in general, glad you enjoyed.

On July 11, 2018 at 8:35 AM, hoogie said:

One of my other favourites, We Were Promised Jetpacks, just announced a huge tour for the fall.  Toronto on September 22nd at Lee's Palace.  Buying my tickets on Friday when they go on sale.

Just got my tickets for this on Friday, myself!

Also, got Radiohead on Friday, MG in Guelph on Aug 2, Godspeed You! Black Emperor August 16th, and The Joy Formidable in November.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, andydanger85 said:

Just got my tickets for this on Friday, myself!

Also, got Radiohead on Friday, MG in Guelph on Aug 2, Godspeed You! Black Emperor August 16th, and The Joy Formidable in November.

Awesome!  I've been waiting for so long for them to come back around.  This Toronto show will be fantastic!

4 hours ago, hoogie said:

Awesome!  I've been waiting for so long for them to come back around.  This Toronto show will be fantastic!

Did you go to the show two years ago at Lee's?? I went right as I was getting super into them and it was sooooooooooo good. Loud and high energy and ...wow