GuitarmanMCS

Chaotic Neutral (Vinyl)

Guest jjazz

So I buckled and bought everything with the exception of underdogs so far. Just picked up BM since my HMV had one available and that seems to be the only place for now. Matt's site is sold out, Amazon takes 1-2 months to ship, and the rest of my toronto record shops have been on backorder since the initial shipments.

So far I'm really happy with everything. BM sounds much fuller than everything else IMO, but I'm not really finding any new nuances with it. It just sounds really well mastered, but the production value on it has always held a certain standard when it comes to MG recordings for me.

LOTGA for me, was the record that stood out the most because of Geoff's parts on it. I'm really looking forward to giving underdogs a shot with my next paycheque, and for that same reason. Here's hoping we get another wave of releases. I would kill to have AOB on vinyl, and hopefully the other discontinued stuff. I missed the boat on Avalanche, Vancouver, and LOES. It was only until Arrows that I started picking up the vinyl stuff.

Hi, Jesse, just wondering if you ever picked up Underdogs on vinyl and how you liked it? I haven't heard anything on vinyl. I guess anyone else can answer, too, of course. I'm particularly interested in how The Inescapable Us sounds, particularly the beginning and the chorus. Just love that tune. Oh and PTD.

The older stuff sounds fantastic - LOTGA is definitely richer...the vinyl does it justice. PTD transitioning into The Inescpable Us is just....well...wow. Especially with a little bit of crackle and pop between the two songs :) Honestly - my least favourite of the vinyl releases is probably CN. And not because it's bad, it's just that the vinyl does so much more for the other albums. The vinyl standouts on CN are definitely the quieter songs - Cold Water, Los Alamos, Tiger By The Tail.