hoogie

[Merged] 2016 Summer Tour Thread

Good news if you live in Ontario:

Matt Good was announced as part of the lineup for Riverfest Elora 2016, which runs August 19-21, 2016 in Bissell Park in Elora, Ontario.  Other acts announced are Sheepdogs, Wintersleep, Chromeo, Hey Rosetta, Walk Off The Earth, Ivory Hours, Yukon Blonde and 54-40.

Presale tickets are available now until Saturday for $115 for the whole weekend.

I'd love to go personally.  Elora is probably one of the nicest places I've been to in Ontario.  The Elora Gorge is a campground nearby, and it's amazing.  If I could line it up so that I could see Matt, Wintersleep, and Ivory Hours on the same day, I would definitely go.

Yeah! I saw that too. I'm camping in Sandbanks that weekend. So I'm trying to see if I can swing it.

Hopefully that is the first of at least a few Summer Festival concert announcements! (#ottawa #ottawa #pleaseohpleaseottawa)

Last time I saw Matt at Bluesfest he wasn't the headliner though. He was on before Great Big Sea (not a fan). So I was surrounded by people there to see GBS which was disappointing, and a lot of them talked the whole time. I still had a great time though. Like I would definitely still go to Bluesfest if he was playing regardless of being the headliner or not, but it's more fun when everyone there with you is also excited to see the act that you're excited about. Plus Bluesfest has a lot of people that just go to the front for everything and try to get drum sticks, guitar picks and setlists to trade and sell. They're not even there to enjoy the band. Some lady went on and on about how she had never heard of MG and then screamed her face-off for the setlist at the end of the show. She got one and it was really annoying.

I'd also be down to wait till fall and have Matt come to Folkfest (**again, cause he has been before and I was there). My ideal Folkfest includes Matt Good, Sarah Harmer, Kathleen Edwards and then also Neil Young since it got cancelled when he was scheduled for Folkfest.

Edited by emmit643

That's a ton of shows, wow!  Congrats Matt!

According to Matt's website, he'll be playing on the 20th, which is the Saturday.

I'd highly recommend camping at Elora Gorge if you're coming down for the show.  It's a great place.

Guest girl

A new concert has been posted . July 15, 2016 - Calgary, AB

http://oxfordstomp.com/tickets/

TICKETS ON SALE: May 4, 2016 at 10AM

General Admission tickets are $95 plus GST
Admission includes:

• Performances by Don Henley, Serena Ryder, Matthew Good, & Vertical Horizon
  • Rotary’s Famous Beef-on-a-Bun dinner
  • Free bus transportation to and from downtown
  • Entrance into the Official After Party at Wildhorse Saloon

Yay!  A summer concert.  $95 is a little steep though.

Cool. Don Henley is playing. He has a few gems that I like. I sure love his music video "The Last Worthless Evening." It is a classic that never goes out of style. I've watched that video many, many times. I hope he performs that song.

Edited by girl

Guest girl

Forget the Matt Good show.  Did you say Beef-on-a-Bun dinner?

You heard right. I had it last time when Matt played at Stampede Roundup in 2012. It was yummy.

He is also playing at the Queen's Plate ... but you gotta buy tickets to the Queen's Plate, though. I'd bet he's really gonna dig that show, being a horse lover and all!

General Admission to the Plate, which includes concert, is only 15$. It's only expensive if you want a seat.

And I use "expensive" pretty loosely cause it's still not too bad. Although I dunno why anyone would want a seat if GA is an option for the concert.

Edited by emmit643

Guest jjazz

So matt is playing toronto turf festival this year. Pretty good lineup including death cab for cutie, barenaked ladies and explosions in the sky.

Minus the Barenaked Ladies, and yeah, that's a good lineup.  Saw it online.

Plus, the Dropkick Murphys and Drive By Truckers.  Tickets are a little steep though.

Edited by hoogie