hoogie

[Merged] 2016 Summer Tour Thread

Guest girl

haha. You're awesome Emma. Thanks for the comprehensive answer and insider information.

Edited by girl

Guest Idioteque

I've gotten dozens of setlists & picks over the years from many concerts. But no matter how many tricks I pull to try & get one I'll always lose to the drunk chick flirting with the security guard.

I've gotten dozens of setlists & picks over the years from many concerts. But no matter how many tricks I pull to try & get one I'll always lose to the drunk chick flirting with the security guard.

hahaha well, i promise i'm never the drunk girl. hahaha. just always having visibly the best time ever, and super polite ;)

Ouch!

I shouldn't say that.  At least there was no fighting etc.

When you go to smaller club shows, where the bands aren't big enough to have their own road crew, band members will often leave their setlists abandoned & taped to wherever after they've left the stage.  In those cases sometimes you just have to go near the stage in the club and take the setlist yourself if everyone has left for the night.  I did that once, I mean, club stages are very accessible, you don't have the big security gate where you can't possibly get near the stage like at MG-size shows (or bigger).

Once after a show when everyone was asking for picks & setlists, I asked a roadie for a distortion pedal off of Matt's pedalboard.  I was joking of course, the roadie laughed and said "actually Matt doesn't use any distortion pedals", which is true I suppose, at least on that tour (I know he has used a fuzz box in the past, which is technically a distortion pedal).

With the crowd so heavy for Hedley, did Matt leave the choruses open for the crowd to sing on any songs or does he bypass that stuff for the festival setting?

He did for Everything is Automatic. and he always left the "picture yourself at the MGM Grand..." part of Load Me Up for the crowd to sing. I got nervous for the crowd lol that not enough people were gonna know it so I just screamed it real loud lol.

That was when he made jokingly the comment about the song coming out before a lot of the crowd was born, for Automatic.

The show is cancelled.  :(

13659052_956098371166040_206019147813118

If Matt Good and/or Don Henley performed a surprise show at the Wildhorse Saloon (the official after party), I would go. It is free admission to go there for ticket holders. However, I wouldn't want to go there and wait around for nothing, if they weren't coming. I hope social media gives us a head up if they do a surprise concert.

Edited by girl

The show is cancelled.  :(

13659052_956098371166040_206019147813118

If Matt Good and/or Don Henley performed a surprise show at the Wildhorse Saloon (the official after party), I would go. It is free admission to go there for ticket holders. However, I wouldn't want to go there and wait around for nothing, if they weren't coming. I hope social media gives us a head up if they do a surprise concert.

That sucks. Fingers crossed for the surprise after party show for you!

Still debating whether to go to Edmonton for Saturday's concert. It would be a consolation prize for the one in Calgary being cancelled. I don't know if driving 3 hours for a 60-90 minute concert is worth it though, especially if most of the songs will be a rehash of festival favorites like Hello Time Bomb. It was like that at the Sylvan Lake concert. There was no new material. I've never been to K-days though, and the weather is supposed to be really nice, 26 degrees Celsius from what I heard. It's a tough one.

Edited by girl

I doubt that Matt takes requests, but it doesn't hurt to try right? I requested Born to Kill on here last time, but that was a no-go.

Matt, if you read this, is there any chance or a glimmer of hope that you will play Army of Lions on Saturday?

I don't know if I'm going, but that song, right there, would make a highway trip worthwhile. I really enjoyed the whole vibe of that song last year in Hamilton. I have a feeling that an outdoor festival crowd would love it and really get into it,

Setlist from tonight's K-Days show in Edmonton. Got some pics and vids that I'll probably put up tomorrow if I have time.

Giant

Load me up/carmelina

A single explosion

Born losers

Kid down the well

Sons and daughters

No liars

Cold water

Alert status red

Hello time bomb

Apparitions

Weapon

Everything is automatic

Cloudbusting

• Upvote 1

I thought the sound was great. This was my 14th show and the first time I've seen Carmelina. I loved it, so that was the highlight for me. I was also really happy to see the Chaotic Neutral songs get an outdoor airing. I don't know which ones Matt will end up carrying over to the next tour, so we've got to get our fill now.

They had to cut off a few songs because of the fireworks display at 11.  Some girls beat me to it in getting a set list. I wonder what the missing songs were. I didn't know Stu wore glasses.

Edited by girl

They had to cut off a few songs because of the fireworks display at 11.  Some girls beat me to it in getting a set list. I wonder what the missing songs were. I didn't know Stu wore glasses.

That's why his set list and Matt's set list is always bigger text. 

Ah, now it's all coming together. You're a wealth of knowledge in all things Matt Good/Stu/Bones/Blake related.  :)

Edited by girl

Here's some pics from Saturday's show.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/48004031@N06/albums/72157670780465621

And here's a few video clips. Apologies for the shakiness, didn't realize I had digital video stabilisation enabled, which makes the video look shakier than normal. Was also getting bumped quite a bit -_-

Setlist was definitely great considering it was a festival show. As girl mentioned a few songs were cut due to the fireworks. Show also started late as they were trying to give fans who are coming from the Eskimos game time to get in.

https://youtu.be/5pYdVyr0GrU

https://youtu.be/rHYEKai2tJI

https://youtu.be/iVBFlKdF3fo

• Upvote 1

No problem. The mix was actually pretty good, I even stood in several different places and there was no noticeable change (had to keep moving as people kept wedging themselves in front of me and blocking my view). First live recording I've done with a Lumia 950XL. Definitely blows my iPhone 6S Plus out of the water.

Very cool, thanks for posting. Sounds like the live mix was pretty good from the video too. At least from where you are.

The mix was noticeably good. I always thought there was something overpowering in the mix the last couple of tours and I think you can occasionally hear it in audience recordings. K-Days was great though. There was great separation between each instrument and the vocals.

Edited by NonPopulus