Guest Idioteque

Gord Downie

Guest Idioteque

Maybe? Sounds like it would be cool. Personally I'd buy it for the nostalgia factor since his voice wasn't in the best shape (First time in years I heard him sing Grace Too properly though).

Still great vocals for his age & condition, if it ends up being a dvd I'll buy but a live CD I'll pass.

Very stoked for the live broadcast.

I noticed he sings with projectors now too, and never touches a guitar. So his health must be limited enough to where he needs to focus on 1 thing. Barely dances either. I've seen some acoustic shows by himself from 2014-2015 & he can't play guitar anymore, it's sad to see. If Matt ever gets like that my heart will break!

Yeah, I missed seeing his dancing and rants this tour.

Oh, and I miss his crazy antics such as this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdgO8CVRQDY

It brings back great memories. This was at the Virgin Festival at Fort Calgary.

He is the most entertaining concert musician/performer out there in my books and always will be. No one else even comes close.

They did the lightning for each show so far yes.  If you are on the hip base forum they have periscopes of each show.  Calgary one was going in and out  but every other show has been spot on with periscope.  Looking forward to watching tonights show live via the scope.

Been periscoping every night of the tour and Gord sounds amazing. London and toronto 1 and 2 are available now in FLAC format also on hipbase.  All 3 shows sound incredible. Looking forward to Hamilton tonight

Darn. I missed the whole thing. I had an event to go to. I can't seem to find the whole concert on the internet, only New Orleans is Sinking on CBC Music's YouTube channel. I hope my friend PVR'ed it.

Pearl Jam dedicated a song to Gord Downie during their concert in Chicago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J10F17ed9mo

That is so cool. I always liked Eddie Vedder's music, but I have a newfound respect for him.

I just received The Tragically Hip Man Machine Poem poster from Maple Music. I framed it, and it is hanging on my wall as we speak. I was really impressed. It is so nice and the quality is really good. I will proudly hang it on my living room wall forever.

Edited by girl

Vedder's shout out to him was really cool.  Didn't expect him to know Gord, but I'm glad he mentioned something.

The concert was very emotional.  I teared up a few times, especially during Grace, Too.  Kudos to him for playing three hours.

I don't know if it's a normal thing for them, but the kissing everyone on the lips was interesting.

Edited by hoogie

I don't know if it's a normal thing for them, but the kissing everyone on the lips was interesting

I thought so too. It was nice to see. They must love and take care of each other like family. I wish the world we live in was more like that.

At two Calgary concerts I've been to, Gord closed off the shows by saying "Take care of each other." That's a nice way to close a show.

Darn. I missed the whole thing. I had an event to go to. I can't seem to find the whole concert on the internet, only New Orleans is Sinking on CBC Music's YouTube channel. I hope my friend PVR'ed it.

If you had any trouble tracking it down, I threw a link to a decent copy of the livestream into a thread in the NF Lounge.

A great interview with Gord Downie on CBC's The National on Oct. 13. It is 27 minutes long. 

http://www.cbc.ca/news/thenational/gord-downie-exclusive-interview-1.3804422

I laughed and shed a few tears. I wish there were more interviewers out there like Peter Mansbridge. He did a great job. I really enjoyed watching it. 

It was a great interview.  It is sad that he's losing his memory.  But it was heart-breaking. 

Picked up the Secret Path deluxe edition (vinyl + book + album digital download) from HMV today. I really like what I'm hearing so far. The Stranger is a beautiful, haunting song.

The vinyl would look nice beside a Matthew Good/Band box set on a book shelf.  (y)

Looking forward to Sunday's hour-long broadcast of The Secret Path animated film on CBC at 9pm (9:30pm NT).

If I lived in Toronto, I would go to Gord Downie's concert tomorrow. Lucky Torontonians. If I was rich and had money, I would totally go. Too bad it costs $1000 to fly there and the only tickets left are $1000 Gold Circle tickets