Stwlegend

Does Anyone Still Watch Wrestling

I have known Punk personally since 2002.  He is one of those guys you either like or you hate.  He is identical to the character he portrayed in WWE.   I had worked shows with him in Cleveland and Pittsburgh.  Never had a problem with him but I know many people did. I was pulling for him to do better than what he showed last night.   About to watch the WWE Backlash ppv as another good friend AJ Styles is wrestling for the WWE title. 

I'm sure you guys heard it but there was a podcast done a few years back with CM Punk that I just got told about Saturday night at the fight.  It was with a guy I never heard of before I listened named Colt Cabana.  Damn did Punk air out all his WWE grievances.  Was a very entertaining listen.  Kind of stopped watching regularly around 2006 when I was excited about the new ECW and I caught him there.  And then I pretty much shut off WWE/ECW when it wasn't at all like the old ECW.  So I missed all these stories and this pipe bomb stuff.  Been youtubing a couple thing for frame of reference after the podcast.  Really good.

Colt Cabana is a marketing genius.  He was in WWE for a very short time as "Scotty Goldman"    His real name is Scott Colton.  He is working the ROH Buffalo show I believe. He is very accessible and will talk to you if you go up to him.  If you want to see good CM Punk stuff  look for his 93 min match vs Chris Hero from 2003.   Also check out his 2  one hour draws with Samoa Joe from ROH.   Great stuff. If you just want to laugh  listen to the Samoa Joe-Cm Punk shoot interview.  It is hilarious.

Watched UFC 203 last night, anyone have any interest with the ex-WWE guy CM Punk involved?  He was beaten badly but the bar by me was loaded with wrestling fans, was interesting to see all the hype (and probably buys) he added.  I usually watch UFC but I will admit I made it a point to get out there and watch. 2 minutes later, i would say 25% of the bar cleared out when his match ended.

I don't think i've ever seen anyone get so dominated in the Octogon since Randy Couture put James Toney to sleep.

Sweet dreams amateurs.

With the money he made I am sure he is having great dreams.  His merch sells like fire on prowrestlingtees.com  also      Writing a comic for Marvel (Drax)   I would say he is doing well for himself.  Anyone who can retire before 40 has accomplished a great deal in life.

Colt Cabana is a marketing genius.  He was in WWE for a very short time as "Scotty Goldman"    His real name is Scott Colton.  He is working the ROH Buffalo show I believe. He is very accessible and will talk to you if you go up to him.  If you want to see good CM Punk stuff  look for his 93 min match vs Chris Hero from 2003.   Also check out his 2  one hour draws with Samoa Joe from ROH.   Great stuff. If you just want to laugh  listen to the Samoa Joe-Cm Punk shoot interview.  It is hilarious.

93 min match? Damn. I'll check that out.  I am going to ROH in Buffalo Saturday, I will see if I can catch Colt for a quick word.  Def seems like a cool guy from the podcast.

ROH was really good.  Not sure if its regional but anyone that hasn't seen it and its in the area, check it out.  Was just as good as WWE as far as my attention span anyway, and it was more than half the price.  Couple guys I recognized too from WWE/TNA from back in the day which was nice, for the people who haven't really followed wrestling in recent times.

This is morphing into MMA, but watched Conor McGregor talking about the next UFC he'll be a part of, 205 in November.  The guy is entertaining in the octagon as well as in interviews, almost like a WWE wrestler.  Pretty sure I'll go out of my way to see UFC 205 like i did 203 with CM Punk.