IamNick

Do You Get Chills From Music? (Aka Frisson)

http://theconversation.com/why-do-only-some-people-get-skin-orgasms-from-listening-to-music-59719

So after talking with a coworker I discovered that not everyone gets chills or goosebumps from listening to music, which kind of blew my mind. Anyway I'm curious to see if people here experience this phenomenon, is there anyone here that doesn't???

I think the first time this happened to me was during the crescendo of Only In Dreams off Weezer's blue album back in the 90's, and when I tried to describe it to this girl I knew I think she just thought I was doing something dirty...

http://theconversation.com/why-do-only-some-people-get-skin-orgasms-from-listening-to-music-59719

So after talking with a coworker I discovered that not everyone gets chills or goosebumps from listening to music, which kind of blew my mind. Anyway I'm curious to see if people here experience this phenomenon, is there anyone here that doesn't???

I think the first time this happened to me was during the crescendo of Only In Dreams off Weezer's blue album back in the 90's, and when I tried to describe it to this girl I knew I think she just thought I was doing something dirty...

Oh for sure.  More so in person than on a recording. But one that comes to me immediately is that end solo on Fade to Black by Metallica, which always gets me.  Totally forgot about Only In Dreams, that's a great call.  I seen them do an instrumental version in the early 2000's, which was shorter, and man, I think because I never heard it that way, when it got to the buildup it was like hearing it for the first time and it totally got me all over again.

all the time. if something really resonates with me, sometimes even when I play. The connection I feel to music is super deep. Music is super important to me and I guess my body holds it to that high a level of significance too.

That's interesting too; I always just assumed everyone did!

Almost never fails me for the Canadian or American nation anthems too. (shed a tear or two before as well haha) 

Edited by emmit643

A long time favorite of mine, Matthew Mayfield, put out a new record this week called Recoil. It's a light/dark alt-rock record with some pretty intense songwriting... I think some of you might dig it. This album definitely gives me goosebumps.

Here's the album trailer for it: