finboy

Sounds Like Matt Teaming Up With Warne Again

Sounds like they're taking a stab at a 17+ minute version of "Something Like A Storm" according to one of his most recent tweets. That makes me happy :D

The tweet was referring to Born to Kill.

I *really* hope that gets played at TURF this weekend! He even said he thinks this new version with the guys is better than before.

And it was already so good.

So I'm listening to the 20+ minute demo of Something Like a Storm for the first time in a while, and i forgot how much i like it.

If Matt puts it on the new album I'm sure it won't be 20 minutes long, but it would be cool if there was an extended bonus version, maybe an iTunes exclusive or something.

Erm... I don't know if I've missed something but the people commenting on Instagram seem to be expecting a re-recording of Beautiful Midnight... Like this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKUjqpLB1dM/

Where one person says "A new take on Suburbia? This track has a completely different melody?" and another one "Beautiful Midnight changed my life, so to say I am excited for whatever this will become is quite the understatement."

that and the fact that Matt said this on Twitter: 

Got the 17+ remake of Born To Kill in one pass. 1f525.png guys are on fire 1f525.png

@mgbmdri I miss new wave is better too.

What is he talking about? The 17+ remake of Bort To Kill?

Erm... I don't know if I've missed something but the people commenting on Instagram seem to be expecting a re-recording of Beautiful Midnight... Like this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKUjqpLB1dM/

Where one person says "A new take on Suburbia? This track has a completely different melody?" and another one "Beautiful Midnight changed my life, so to say I am excited for whatever this will become is quite the understatement."

that and the fact that Matt said this on Twitter: 

Got the 17+ remake of Born To Kill in one pass. 1f525.png guys are on fire 1f525.png

@mgbmdri I miss new wave is better too.

What is he talking about? The 17+ remake of Bort To Kill?

Matt said it was Suburbia in the comments.

And yes, he and the guys did a 17+min rehash of Born to Kill, and also a reworked I Miss New Wave.

Now, since he has said there will be the revived BM tour it could be for that, or maybe (since they are at a studio right now) there's like a special edition of BM coming out? But it could also just be them practicing it while they're all together. 

MAYBE WE'LL GET A PREVIEW AT TURF. god that'd be great.

everyone please pray for me that I don't get trampled at TURF while on my crutches haha

**in the comments he said he's not redoing *all* of BM, but it could still be a special edition reissue with the bonus re-recorded tracks. I dunno. #speculation

Matt said it was Suburbia in the comments.

And yes, he and the guys did a 17+min rehash of Born to Kill, and also a reworked I Miss New Wave.

Now, since he has said there will be the revived BM tour it could be for that, or maybe (since they are at a studio right now) there's like a special edition of BM coming out? But it could also just be them practicing it while they're all together. 

MAYBE WE'LL GET A PREVIEW AT TURF. god that'd be great.

everyone please pray for me that I don't get trampled at TURF while on my crutches haha

**in the comments he said he's not redoing *all* of BM, but it could still be a special edition reissue with the bonus re-recorded tracks. I dunno. #speculation

I am going to TURF ... from years past I kinda think it'll be a hits show, number one (which is still wicked-awesome), and because it's a mostly folk-indie crowd it may just be you on your crutches near the front and me (who can't deal with concert lights anymore because anxiety)  at the back grooving louder than the drunken horde between us screaming "Load Me Up" after it's already been played....

I am going to TURF ... from years past I kinda think it'll be a hits show, number one (which is still wicked-awesome), and because it's a mostly folk-indie crowd it may just be you on your crutches near the front and me (who can't deal with concert lights anymore because anxiety) at the back grooving louder than the drunken horde between us screaming "Load Me Up" after it's already been played....

Hopefully Matt's feeling better too. It sucks to perform when you're feeling sick.

Yes I think that's most likely.  I could see Matt maybe releasing an EP of a bunch of choice BM remakes and releasing it to support/hype the upcoming BM tour?  Or maybe he'll just sell those tracks at the shows?  Or maybe both?  A re-issue might also be in the cards?  Who knows, will be fun to see what comes out of it.   Either way, looks like a really fun idea that will get a lot of the old MGB fans excited again.

I was confused, I thought he was making a joke about Born to Kill in a reference to Something Like A Storm. This is really interesting now. And it's not like 2017 will be a big anniversary of Beautiful Midnight. Not like 20 year anniversary, not even 15. Hmm.

Thanks for clarifying Matt. I must have misread something somewhere along the line. Can't wait to hear this stuff.

Haha yeah, I also thought it was 17min from how it was written in the tweet lol.

You guys ever stop to think about awesome it is to have a favourite artist who's career spans as long as it does, with pretty consistent new music every couple of years? Like I'm sitting here on the train thinking about it, and it's pretty awesome. There are bands that you like, and they put a couple records out and it's awesome and then they're gone. Or ones you discover a bit too late and you still appreciate their music but kinda miss the peak to be actively involved with it all. But like as someone that started listening to Matt pretty young, I've gotten to like grow up with the music and hear it change, and also change myself. And meet new people and connect through it. And have a lot of fun at shows. My mom or aunt used to bring me to the shows, and only in Ottawa, cause I wasn't old enough to go myself, but now I go myself all the time and in different cities. I don't know. To me it's all very overwhelming amazing and I'm really glad to be a part of it all.

Thanks Matt.

#souljourneysonthetrain

Haha yeah, I also thought it was 17min from how it was written in the tweet lol.

You guys ever stop to think about awesome it is to have a favourite artist who's career spans as long as it does, with pretty consistent new music every couple of years? Like I'm sitting here on the train thinking about it, and it's pretty awesome. There are bands that you like, and they put a couple records out and it's awesome and then they're gone. Or ones you discover a bit too late and you still appreciate their music but kinda miss the peak to be actively involved with it all. But like as someone that started listening to Matt pretty young, I've gotten to like grow up with the music and hear it change, and also change myself. And meet new people and connect through it. And have a lot of fun at shows. My mom or aunt used to bring me to the shows, and only in Ottawa, cause I wasn't old enough to go myself, but now I go myself all the time and in different cities. I don't know. To me it's all very overwhelming amazing and I'm really glad to be a part of it all.

Thanks Matt.

#souljourneysonthetrain

I could not agree more. Every time I put his music on I think some version of the same thing. It also brings me back to the time and place I first was when I listened...

Underdogs brings back memories of when I bought it at Blockbuster Video in like 1997 when they sold CDs and having to turn down Rico during the "fuck off part" - unless I had it on my discman because I could turn it up at that part.

Beautiful Midnight will always be high school for me. It helped me get through that whole time. As did AoB at the tail end, there.

Avalanche and that period got me really interested in politics - something that has continued up until this day.

WLRRR and that period is when I started going to shows full time. I have now seen almost every band I've ever wanted to see (OLP and Radiohead excluded- OLP is going to get checked off in October though).

Hospital Music got me through a particularly tough time in university...

Vancouver got me through a particularly tough period with my ex-girlfriend.

Lights will always be memorable for me because it's when I got to meet Matt and forget my name and speak sheepishly and get the world's most awkward photo taken.

Arrows was released literally the week I broke up with my ex of five years and "wait till I get my crown on straight" was particularly resonant at that time. I felt like that record had been personally written for me in a lot of ways (not saying it was haha, just felt like magic)

and

Chaotic Neutral is the first time I got to see Matt with my fiancee; two great shows, some amazing tunes and a VIP experience when I got to talk to him and make up for the aforementioned awkward photo shoot haha

Turf was super awesome. Except a couple confusing things. Like, apparently there was two degrees of VIP tickets. One that just gets you access to VIP bathroom and bar, but you off to the side of the stage (lame) and then the degree we didn't know about FOS which gets you front of stage privileges. In not knowing this, we only had the bogus side stage VIP, however my and my knee brace and crutches were given sympathy by someone working the festival, who told security we were to get FOS privileges for shows. The section was open to media/press only for the first 3 songs, and then after that they let in VIP, but once again my injury got me more sympathy in which I got to go in from the opposite gate the rest of the VIPs, and I also got in first. I went right dead centre and right up to the stage and it was awesome!! I gotta say, I really enjoy getting special treatment when it comes to stuff like this! (And it's about time something good came out of this injury. It's been the bane of my existence for over a month).

Short but sweet setlist, you can see it on my Instagram (greysierra)

There was a really nice moment of the crowd singing the end of Apparitions a couple of times with real quiet guitar playing.

It was just a really good time. Worth my leg just about falling off from over-exertion lol.

PS: there seems to be a bogus MG fb account atm, just FYI. It added me, but you couldn't see any friends or pics, and all the posts were reposts of his artist page but like posted today. So yeah, just FYI. I flagged and reported the account. Though it was really exciting to get a notification that "Matthew Good (official) had sent me a friend request lol. *****in less of course this is legit Matt, in which case I would apologize for being so skeptical ahahaha (although you'd think if it were legit I would friends in common with the account...like at least Bones, Blake and Stu.

Also: uglyredhonda it was great to meet you but I totally forgot your actual name (so did Kelly! lol) I hope you enjoyed the rest of the shows at TURF

Edited by emmit643

PS: there seems to be a bogus MG fb account atm, just FYI. It added me, but you couldn't see any friends or pics, and all the posts were reposts of his artist page but like posted today. So yeah, just FYI. I flagged and reported the account. Though it was really exciting to get a notification that "Matthew Good (official) had sent me a friend request lol. *****in less of course this is legit Matt, in which case I would apologize for being so skeptical ahahaha (although you'd think if it were legit I would friends in common with the account...like at least Bones, Blake and Stu.

Good catch. All of these internet scams, phishing, viruses, negativity, etc that you have to watch out for on the internet, is giving me a headache.

Edited by girl

Turf was super awesome. Except a couple confusing things. Like, apparently there was two degrees of VIP tickets. One that just gets you access to VIP bathroom and bar, but you off to the side of the stage (lame) and then the degree we didn't know about FOS which gets you front of stage privileges. In not knowing this, we only had the bogus side stage VIP, however my and my knee brace and crutches were given sympathy by someone working the festival, who told security we were to get FOS privileges for shows. The section was open to media/press only for the first 3 songs, and then after that they let in VIP, but once again my injury got me more sympathy in which I got to go in from the opposite gate the rest of the VIPs, and I also got in first. I went right dead centre and right up to the stage and it was awesome!! I gotta say, I really enjoy getting special treatment when it comes to stuff like this! (And it's about time something good came out of this injury. It's been the bane of my existence for over a month).

Short but sweet setlist, you can see it on my Instagram (greysierra)

There was a really nice moment of the crowd singing the end of Apparitions a couple of times with real quiet guitar playing.

It was just a really good time. Worth my leg just about falling off from over-exertion lol.

Also: uglyredhonda it was great to meet you but I totally forgot your actual name (so did Kelly! lol) I hope you enjoyed the rest of the shows at TURF

I recognized you! I said I'd stay back because lights but I ended up being front row centre, but behind the barricade. I posted a shit ton of photos on the Facebook Matt Good fan group (not the phishing one you mentioned). It was a great show; Matt was visibly sick but powering through, and everyone was on point (as always). The unplugged crowd sourced singing was amazing.

I didn't get VIP but it definitely seemed weird. I wondered why, all of a sudden, it was (it seemed) inhumanly tall people with telephoto lenses that magically disappeared after three songs...